Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie

collieballhawking

Hello Colts Fans,

I have been login on to this forum for a while now and there is one problem that I have been seeing, which everybody thinks Collie can never stay health. Well last year I do not think most Colts could stay healthy. Austin was laid out against the Eagles if I remember right and the hit was brutal. I was surprised that he was not seriously injured more than a concussion. Even though he missed several games, he and Manning had the best QB to WR completion rating at the end of the year. I pray he has a break out year and put all the fans criticism of him to rest. Think about this one Colts fans he is the next best receiver after Wayne and Clark. In addition, I think that Garcon is going to be Wayne’s Robin this year. If our run game starts going like it was last year then watch out!!!!!

Collie should be fine this year. I feel he never really fully recovered from his initial concussion before he stepped back onto the field. That led to more head trauma because he wasn't fully healed. That definitely did not help the situation. I believe he will be fine this year. I can understand why people don't expect Gonzo to be healthy, but not Collie. He should be fine.

i like collie but he is a product of peyton manning not really a playmaker....go sign t.o and we are dangerous i swear

TO is at best a one year threat. Collie has the tremendous upside of a long career ahead of him, and he's proven that he can produce. Production like what we've seen out of Collie is invaluable, and I feel you have been distracted by the shiny objects known as free-agents. They can be far more trouble than they're worth.

Collie should be fine this year. I feel he never really fully recovered from his initial concussion before he stepped back onto the field. That led to more head trauma because he wasn't fully healed. That definitely did not help the situation. I believe he will be fine this year. I can understand why people don't expect Gonzo to be healthy, but not Collie. He should be fine.

Agreed. Worst part of that is, if we weren't so decimated with injuries at the non-QB offensive skill positions, we would have never needed to rush him back in the first place. And if we had taken it slower, he might have been around, and healthy, for the playoffs - and that would have made a huge difference, I think.

Collie, if healthy will make the pro bowl, can't see another way around it.

he's been the best wr so far in TC, and has even improved from last year, the guys a worker that's for sure

That's for sure cause I have been to camp many times working and non working and he's a work horse. He looks pretty good and getting better.

You must be a bears fan.

Nope. Colts fan. But I know about Walter Payton, and if, somehow defying the odds of physics, he could still play like he did in his prime, yep. I'd love to have him.

Sadly though, we have no Payton. I suppose you could have meant Sean Payton, but that wouldn't make much sense.

The whole point being: this Colts team has no Payton.

We have a Peyton, but no Payton.

i like collie but he is a product of peyton manning not really a playmaker....go sign t.o and we are dangerous i swear

Except that, statistically, Collie was blowing up receiving numbers last year before the injury. He was virtually impossible to cover in the few games he played, even without Dallas Clark or Joseph Addai for most of the season.

TO? A soon-to-be 38 year old receiver? You can't be serious. You need to get off of Madden Logic and think before speaking. Free Agents are high-risk; especially a perennial headache like TO who has virtually nothing left in the tank. 99% of the teams in the league would take Collie before TO right now. That exception being the Raiders, simply because Al Davis is insane.

Hello Colts Fans,

I have been login on to this forum for a while now and there is one problem that I have been seeing, which everybody thinks Collie can never stay health. Well last year I do not think most Colts could stay healthy. Austin was laid out against the Eagles if I remember right and the hit was brutal. I was surprised that he was not seriously injured more than a concussion. Even though he missed several games, he and Manning had the best QB to WR completion rating at the end of the year. I pray he has a break out year and put all the fans criticism of him to rest. Think about this one Colts fans he is the next best receiver after Wayne and Clark. In addition, I think that Garcon is going to be Wayne’s Robin this year. If our run game starts going like it was last year then watch out!!!!!

Think back on Dallas Clark's history by comparison. He had his bell rung a couple of times and was head-hunted. But he was both tough and smart and came through that time. I believe Austin Collie will go the same route and on the same account plus unquestionable work ethic and desire.

I CANT SEE HOW U SAY T.O HAS NOTHING LEFT IN THE TANK HE 1000 YDS AND 9 TD'S IN 11 GAMES LAST YR....AND THE BIGGER THE GAME THE BETTER HE PLAYS TEAMS RESPECT HIM MORE THAN AN AUSTIN COLLIE

AND THATS TRUTH COLLIE IS SOLID BUT THE DEFENCE DOES NOT FEAR HIM I KNOW A TOP END CB WILL SHUT HIM AND GARCON DOWN....NOT. TO OR A MOSS THATS WHY I SAID WE NEED THEM

BUT IF WE SIGN TJ HOUS AND MOVE GARCON TO THE SLOT TO SPLIT TIME WITH COLLIE WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE

Except that, statistically, Collie was blowing up receiving numbers last year before the injury. He was virtually impossible to cover in the few games he played, even without Dallas Clark or Joseph Addai for most of the season.

TO? A soon-to-be 38 year old receiver? You can't be serious. You need to get off of Madden Logic and think before speaking. Free Agents are high-risk; especially a perennial headache like TO who has virtually nothing left in the tank. 99% of the teams in the league would take Collie before TO right now. That exception being the Raiders, simply because Al Davis is insane.

Exactly. I'll even dare say that Collie was even better than Wayne when playing last year.

He was like a Dallas Clark at the WR position. Both players, when on the field, completely altered the offensive dynamics. Take Collie or Clark off he field and you could see the offense begin to stumble a bit.

I CANT SEE HOW U SAY T.O HAS NOTHING LEFT IN THE TANK HE 1000 YDS AND 9 TD'S IN 11 GAMES LAST YR....AND THE BIGGER THE GAME THE BETTER HE PLAYS TEAMS RESPECT HIM MORE THAN AN AUSTIN COLLIE

AND THATS TRUTH COLLIE IS SOLID BUT THE DEFENCE DOES NOT FEAR HIM I KNOW A TOP END CB WILL SHUT HIM AND GARCON DOWN....NOT. TO OR A MOSS THATS WHY I SAID WE NEED THEM

BUT IF WE SIGN TJ HOUS AND MOVE GARCON TO THE SLOT TO SPLIT TIME WITH COLLIE WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE

TJ H. is a 33yo possession-type backup for us at best. He's had exactly one "big" year in the league and two others that were approaching the more productive end of the spectrum. He's never played a snap in our system. Back in April there was a good number of us that felt the team might take a WR in the draft for depth, at the very least, and maybe even grab a burner if we had the chance. TJ would be a good addition for depth on a one year deal, only. He's not going to supplant any of our current starters - mark it down.

Agreed. Worst part of that is, if we weren't so decimated with injuries at the non-QB offensive skill positions, we would have never needed to rush him back in the first place. And if we had taken it slower, he might have been around, and healthy, for the playoffs - and that would have made a huge difference, I think.

The thing is I don't think we beat Jacksonville last year without Collie. That means we wouldn't have won the division and no playoffs. That was a do or die game and Collie was a huge reason why we won that game to keep our hopes alive. Then he got laid out again. But he put it all on the line to help his team win the division. Much respect for the guy. He's got heart. I just worry about him and hope he can avoid concussions in the future.

I may be wrong but didnt you post earlier that collie was a bum now you say you like him and you also called garcon a bum but all of a sudden u add tj housh you say moving garcon to slot we would be unstopable do you just like to disagree or cant make ur mind up

TO had those numbers on a team that had no other threats whatsoever, thus he was always going to get the ball. By the way, he didn't see much double coverage either. Why don't you compare Collie's numbers over the course of 6 games to TO's? Collie was far more productive, and that was with Manning distributing the ball to Wayne, Clark (partially), Garcon, Tamme, etc. What sort of production is he going to give us, when we have 3 BETTER options in Wayne, Clark, and Collie?

And Housh would be nothing more than a serviceable back up on this team. He wouldn't replace anyone.

Finally, there's no such thing as "unstoppable." The 2007 Patriots were stopped, the 04/05 Colts were stopped, the 98 Vikings were stopped, the 01 Rams were stopped; every great offense can be stopped.

The Patriots would sign TO.

TO had those numbers on a team that had no other threats whatsoever, thus he was always going to get the ball. By the way, he didn't see much double coverage either. Why don't you compare Collie's numbers over the course of 6 games to TO's? Collie was far more productive, and that was with Manning distributing the ball to Wayne, Clark (partially), Garcon, Tamme, etc. What sort of production is he going to give us, when we have 3 BETTER options in Wayne, Clark, and Collie?

And Housh would be nothing more than a serviceable back up on this team. He wouldn't replace anyone.

Finally, there's no such thing as "unstoppable." The 2007 Patriots were stopped, the 04/05 Colts were stopped, the 98 Vikings were stopped, the 01 Rams were stopped; every great offense can be stopped.

Well said. While all of the offensive weapons are great and make for awesome Sunday theatrics, defense is still king in January. We need to add depth in our secondary and shore up our offensive line so we can run the ball with success when it's obvious we are going to run. IE '98 Broncos.