Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Dolphins post game thread

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

That's impressive, but he's missing even the short throws. His running is very useful if he could hit the broad side of a barn, but unfortunately he can't. He needs serious help improving his accuracy. Can't get it done on QB scrambles and deep shots by themselves. I realize he doesn't have Taylor, but he needs to be able to carry the team at times, and that hasn't happened much.

A lot of that is on Steichen. He has to do a better job giving him an outlet. Steichen is also known for having a vertical passing game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You are the one that said you are done

I said I was done with bad football play and THIS current Colts team. Not the team itself

What boggles me is why everyone on here keeps trying to find and clinging on to the small things all the time in attempt to justify this team is going in the right direction.

The above mentioned has been happening for years now. Every single one of us should be embarrassed by this team, not hopeful they will improve each week.

Hopeful was when the GM was brought in 8 years ago. At this point we should all be confident that we are going to fully compete with the best out there and dominate the ones who are not, but here we all are... Hopeful 

Just now, Solid84 said:

Not picking Darrisaw may be one of the Colts biggest misses.

It was such an obvious pick too. Especially with hindsight knowing that Ballard was going to take Dayo in the 2nd round. We did get Raimann, but that was a year later. It just seems we get solid players, but always miss out on the elite ones. Whether we draft too late, trade down, or it's some 50/50 decision that Ballard admits too and he ends up choosing the wrong guy. It's very deflating at times.

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

It’s not a good situation. Especially when they don’t do anything to help the QB they’re trotting out there out in any way. 

Which is the original point I was making: Mike McDaniel is not the genius that has been touted if he can’t even figure out how to give who he’s got out there any kind of advantage. I’ll give him a free pass with Boyle because yesterday was probably the first snaps Boyle has taken with the starting offense, but to have two whole weeks to prepare this game for Huntley  and come out there with nothing to play to the few things Huntley actually does well is mind-boggling.

Not doing more to get the guys who could help the QB out more involved is just more bad on bad. 

Sometimes no matter how smart u r, u just cannot over come a severe lack of talent at the qb position.

Just now, Solid84 said:

Not picking Darrisaw may be one of the Colts biggest misses.

Yeah, that one was on a silver platter, right as AC retired. For Ballard to say that they liked some of the linemen, but didn't feel any of them were true LTs, that's a scouting miss for sure. Nothing to cry over, we have Raimann now and he's playing well, but I hope they learned something about projecting LTs.

And Paye so far has not developed into the pass rush threat that we'd hoped he would. If he was a game changer, it would be a different story.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We found our LT. So now we got Paye and our LT.  It’s not like colts are struggling at LT

Sure, that's not what I'm saying. I love Raimann, I think he's been a great pick by Ballard. This is purely comparing Darrisaw and Paye. I think it was mentioned at that time the Colts didn't feel like any of the OTs that draft were real LTs because of measurements (arm length). Meanwhile Darrisaw is a top 5 LT, maybe even top 3 and Paye is middle of the pack for a DE.

I think measurements too often gets the nod over tape and I don't like that approach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I said I was done with bad football play and THIS current Colts team. Not the team itself

What boggles me is why everyone on here keeps trying to find and clinging on to the small things all the time in attempt to justify this team is going in the right direction.

The above mentioned has been happening for years now. Every single one of us should be embarrassed by this team, not hopeful they will improve each week.

Hopeful was when the GM was brought in 8 years ago. At this point we should all be confident that we are going to fully compete with the best out there and dominate the ones who are not, but here we all are... Hopeful 

I don't get embarrassed over things I have no control of. 

There is nothing we can do to make the team play better.   That's why we HOPE things get better.  Complaining and whining in every post does squat.   If it's that upsetting to you, you should find other things to do with your time

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

It was such an obvious pick too. Especially with hindsight knowing that Ballard was going to take Dayo in the 2nd round. We did get Raimann, but that was a year later. It just seems we get solid players, but always miss out on the elite ones. Whether we draft too late, trade down, or it's some 50/50 decision that Ballard admits too and he ends up choosing the wrong guy. It's very deflating at times.

I don't know if Raimann is elite, but he's definitely the tier just after that and I think he still has room to grow. I'm perfectly happy with Raimann by the way, but I feel not picking Darrisaw was a miss on top of us needing a new LT badly that year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

Post of the year here. It's amazing what people will put themselves through with "faith" that the team will get better. Things won't get better until Ballard is ultimately fired.

You're ridicules...if the Colts go 10-7 you'll still cry about Ballard. You're a broken record. You hijack every post with an anti Ballard rant. It's getting boring.

Small Business Owner Broken Record GIF by Aurora Consulting: Business, Insurance, Financing Experts

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't get embarrassed over things I have no control of. 

There is nothing we can do to make the team play better.   That's why we HOPE things get better.  Complaining and whining in every post does squat.   If it's that upsetting to you, you should find other things to do with your time

You are completely right with a good portion of this response and yes, at times what I wear on my sleeve also bleeds into other stuff. This isn't really about complaining so much as it is what seems to be complete lack of awareness about this team from all who voice on here most times. 

Hope is fine, but reality cannot be disregarded in lieu of that

-Peace

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Sure, that's not what I'm saying. I love Raimann, I think he's been a great pick by Ballard. This is purely comparing Darrisaw and Paye. I think it was mentioned at that time the Colts didn't feel like any of the OTs that draft were real LTs because of measurements (arm length). Meanwhile Darrisaw is a top 5 LT, maybe even top 3 and Paye is middle of the pack for a DE.

I think measurements too often gets the nod over tape and I don't like that approach.

Yeah, I think for the 'Ballard overvalues measurables' argument, this is maybe the best example. At the time, I mentally bookmarked this because I thought Darrisaw looked great in college, and then Ballard said what he said about LTs. So if Darrisaw had wound up at RT after a couple seasons, that would have checked out. Instead, Darrisaw is one of the best LTs in the league, so I think the Colts' evaluation could have been better.

And if Ballard had just said 'we think Paye is going to be one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, and that was the deciding factor,' then I wouldn't be questioning their assessment of Darrisaw.

Anyway, it's off topic, and everyone knows I'm not here to drag Chris Ballard or the front office. I just saw that and wanted to share it.

• Like 1

Something to think about with Ballard and Steichen. Steichen had to play with a backup QB all last season and was 15 yards away from the division and playoffs. Miami loses there  QB  and it torpedoed their entire season despite having all those playmakers on offense. Says a lot about Steichen and how the team is built.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hoose said:

Doug, we are missing a number of playmakers on both sides of the ball and also have Pitt playing with a serious back injury. You have a young inexperienced QB working through his natural growing pains. We also have a head coach who is a genuine talent but is still learning. Of course we’re seeing the Colts struggle a bit. 

Try to enjoy the fact that this team against all odds is 4-3 and as of today is in the playoffs. Yes, the team has to get better and I believe they will provided they can get some people back from the injured list. 

I personally will try to enjoy the ride and hope for the best while knowing that ride will be bumpy at times. Hope you can do the same. 

Wrong.  The players you call playmakers are not playmakers.  They are merely starters.  

I like good football.  Won/loss records don't tell that story.

Since were getting personal with advice about how to think, I'll give you some advice, and others. 

Don't be blind to reality just because reality constantly brings you down. 

Ever play golf?  The enjoyment is not scoring a 120 and beating your partner because he scored a 121.  The point is playing competently.  Ever participate in drag races?  The point isn't having a crappy run and beat another car because he had a crappy run.  The point is building a great car then driving well. 

Maybe being less incompetent than their opponents is an enjoyment some people can have.  Sorry, I can't get there. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You are completely right with a good portion of this response and yes, at times what I wear on my sleeve also bleeds into other stuff. This isn't really about complaining so much as it is what seems to be complete lack of awareness about this team from all who voice on here most times. 

Hope is fine, but reality cannot be disregarded in lieu of that

-Peace

I'd say most of us know there are clear problems with the team. However talking about how much the GM or coach or players suck doesn't really change anything. Toxic positivity posts also don't accomplish anything either. 

Really nothing on here means anything in terms of how the team performs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'd say most of us know there are clear problems with the team. However talking about how much the GM or coach or players suck doesn't really change anything. Toxic positivity posts also don't accomplish anything either. 

Really nothing on here means anything in terms of how the team performs. 

I put up a thanks icon. I meant that in a non-sarcastic manner btw 

• Like 1

Just now, Indeee said:

I put up a thanks icon. I meant that in a non-sarcastic manner btw 

No worries. 

99% of us on here want two things: 

`1. To win.

2. And to look good doing it. 

We had that for years with Manning. And then again at times with Luck. 

I'd say most fan bases are the same way. 

56 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Bro, whoever you are. YOUR take on all of this is the problem here.

You keep hanging your hat on your seemingly ever devotion to this terrible team by always taking issue with fans that are done with this God-awful football play.

I don't care that the rest of the league, 12 teams to be exact, only have 2 wins at this point. WHO CARES. I care about THIS team. This team and management have had long enough to build a powerhouse to manhandle all these bad teams, but we are only still reserved to barely getting wins sometimes as long as we play the other crap teams. Your continuous, blatant enabling like this team is a complete JOKE!

The only one who should be saying bye is you and anyone like you who keep dying on this hill that is the Colts suddenly becoming what they should have already been years ago.

On a side note:

I don't blame one moment of this on Steichen btw. He is saying he has to get AR in better spots but what else is he going to say? I firmly believe he is tied to a QB where he doesn't know what to call or do with him because there is so much inconsistency that just when you think you might have found something, AR shows up and thwarts the entire thing.

The QB has got to go and so does the front office and the defensive coordinator and so do you if you are going to just sit over there and refuse to see this for what it is just so you can be or have a protagonist take. 

Well I lived through the Bob Irsay Indianapolis Colts years, I’ve seen a lot lot worse colts teams. 

yet for at least two years now, after every single game, win or lose, you’re out here crying about this or that , saying you’re over the team, yet here you still are.  So obviously you’re not “over this team”. 

Am I satisfied with this team, heck no. Any fan out there that claims they are is either lying or ignorant. I’d love to see Gus Bradley fired two years ago. But I’m also not all doom and gloom either.  

I do see some strengths in this team, a young team, the youngest average age in the league even with old guys like Flacco. I see improvements in several areas, small ones.

If you don’t, that’s fine. But posting that you’re “over this team” every single week exposes you for what you truly are. A whinny troll that has no intentions of actually being “over this team”. Your only intention is to draw attention to yourself to feed your own ego.  You do so by attacking those who aren’t over this team. 

So if you’re truly “over this team”, there’s a big X button on the screen, click it and see ya later. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This dolphins defense was the best defense colts have faced all season. What a learning experience to see all the different coverages. Then he got the win anyway and his legs are what win us this game.

The Vikings game will probably br just as bad. 

The Dolphins show how important QB play can be. 

This was a team that was supposed to take the next step. The offense was designed for big plays. And the defense was designed to slow down the likes of Allen, Burrow and Mahomes by being opportunistic in a high scoring back and forth type of game. 

That said, the injuries have just devasted that team this year. How many defenders alone did they lose on the field yesterday? 

The negativity about the Colts by a select few on here is mind numbing. You guys must not have lived through the years from 1972-1997 when there was NOTHING to get excited about except Bert Jones 3 year span of 1975-1977. This team is competitive and has been for years. We don't have a top notch qb in the mold of Jones, Manning, or Luck, that is the difference. Hopefully Richardson will be the guy, he is heading in the right direction. For comparison sake, how many Super Bowls did Andy Reid win in his 20 some year career as a head coach without Mahomes? How many Super Bowls did the genius Bill Belicheck go to without Brady? How many Super Bowls did Dungy go to without Manning? How about Seifert in Carolina? Yes I know there have been Super Bowls won by really bad qb's and the nfl should be investigated because of it(think Jeff Hostetler). The Super Bowls and even playoffs are reserved for top flight qb's or well, I guess, some owners seem to get in pretty consistently with dog #%#^ rosters but that's just the way it is. Teams that play an aggressive style defense also have an advantage to getting into the playoffs(and we never play that style).

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well I lived through the Bob Irsay Indianapolis Colts years, I’ve seen a lot lot worse colts teams. 

yet for at least two years now, after every single game, win or lose, you’re out here crying about this or that , saying you’re over the team, yet here you still are.  So obviously you’re not “over this team”. 

Am I satisfied with this team, heck no. Any fan out there that claims they are is either lying or ignorant. I’d love to see Gus Bradley fired two years ago. But I’m also not all doom and gloom either.  

I do see some strengths in this team, a young team, the youngest average age in the league even with old guys like Flacco. I see improvements in several areas, small ones.

If you don’t, that’s fine. But posting that you’re “over this team” every single week exposes you for what you truly are. A whinny troll that has no intentions of actually being “over this team”. Your only intention is to draw attention to yourself to feed your own ego.  You do so by attacking those who aren’t over this team. 

So if you’re truly “over this team”, there’s a big X button on the screen, click it and see ya later. 

I as well.

Different topic. Question:

You think it was more Robert Irsay or Elway who actually forced the Colts out of Baltimore?

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

This was a team that was supposed to take the next step. The offense was designed for big plays. And the defense was designed to slow down the likes of Allen, Burrow and Mahomes by being opportunistic in a high scoring back and forth type of game. 

That said, the injuries have just devasted that team this year. How many defenders alone did they lose on the field yesterday? 

With TUA history it’s crazy they didn’t go get a better backup. 

8 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I as well.

Different topic. Question:

You think it was more Robert Irsay or Elway who actually forced the Colts out of Baltimore?

Was definitely not either of them. It was a massive overreach by the city of Baltimore and the state of Maryland that forced that hand. 

we can blame Bob Irsay for a lot of negative things about the Colts,  but if I was him, given the facts surrounding the move, I would have done the exact same thing. 

but nice deflection 

8 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

You guys must not have lived through the years from 1972-1997 when there was NOTHING to get excited about except Bert Jones 3 year span of 1975-1977.

Yes, I have.  I don't like incompetent football, and comparing Ballard's version doesn't make me feel good because I choose to compare it to a version that's long gone.  In fact, choosing to make that comparison strikes me as nothing more than a tactic used to feel happy. 

• Like 1

AR was pathetic,  he is a great athlete but a horrible quarterback!  He  needs to learn but not at the expense of the season ticket holders and fans!  They should let him play on a filter in type situation,  Flacco then him if needed!  Hell he doesn't make as much as Flacco!  Lets play our best not just him because we feel we have to.   His QB IQ is not there!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Was definitely not either of them. It was a massive overreach by the city of Baltimore and the state of Maryland that forced that hand. 

we can blame Bob Irsay for a lot of negative things about the Colts,  but if I was him, given the facts surrounding the move, I would have done the exact same thing. 

but nice deflection 

Ok, that wasn't a deflection.

I was trying to have a conversation with you in an honest fashion as my family had season tickets to the Colts in Baltimore for years, so I came out the womb a Colts fan. 

I just wanted to hear your take as around here Robert Irsay gets a lot of heat and i for one have always defended him in ways and one being that I always thought that if Irsay really wanted out of Baltimore and only cared about tanking the team he would have never signed off on drafting Elway as I think Elway would've brought back fans to the seats that might have softened the politics surrounding memorial stadium, the Colts, and the city. Of course, Elway did what he did, and the rest is history. 

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Ok, that wasn't a deflection.

I was trying to have a conversation with you in an honest fashion as my family had season tickets to the Colts in Baltimore for years, so I came out the womb a Colts fan. 

I just wanted to hear your take as around here Robert Irsay gets a lot of heat and i for one have always defended him in ways and one being that I always thought that if Irsay really wanted out of Baltimore and only cared about tanking the team he would have never signed off on drafting Elway as I think Elway would've brought back fans to the seats that might have softened the politics surrounding memorial stadium, the Colts, and the city. Of course, Elway did what he did, and the rest is history. 

I think Elway honestly wouldn’t have changed much. The rest of that team was older and was well, poorly coached and constructed by that time. 

The only thing Elway might have done is cause the move to be pushed back but highly highly doubt it. The city was dead set of getting ownership of the Colts for years. The move didn’t happen overnight as it is often portrayed. The seeds were sown many years prior and while the physical move happened in mere hours, the overall process and the causes were nearly a decade in the making 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Tons of "prospects " have been taken in the top 5 .  What are you talking about?  Are you really young?   I'll give you one.  Google Akili smith.   I'll give you many more if you like

I loved the pick after it was made. However, I am not sure if there has been a player picked at #4 with Richardson's makeup. Super raw and limited game tape. I'm not arguing. Just let me know who else u have in mind.

40 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Colts are a prime example of knowing how important it is to have a quality backup quarterback.  We would have been toast without Minshew or Flacco.  We live to fight another day.  Most teams would be in major trouble if they lost their quarterback for a significant time.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

The Colts are a prime example of knowing how important it is to have a quality backup quarterback.  We would have been toast without Minshew or Flacco.  We live to fight another day.  Most teams would be in major trouble if they lost their quarterback for a significant time.

Makes you wonder if teams will start stacking higher drafted QBs on their rosters even if they have a franchise QB in place. 

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Makes you wonder if teams will start stacking higher drafted QBs on their rosters even if they have a franchise QB in place. 

They will, if their starter is a rookie or has a recent injury history they want insurance with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1