Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Downs rubbing off on AR?

Dingus McGirt

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not sure if he was saying it’s time to grow up, or just wanted a different hairstyle.   

I still remember Edge getting one of his pulled out on a run, that has to be painful!

May have inferred the grow up thing...

Well, the OP says that Downs said he think's dreds are immature.  The actual quote would be nice to see, to the extent its an interesting topic.

IMO, too much vanity can be a sign of immaturity...or maybe another word to describe it better.  I'd say "too much" vanity can be measured by how much time, effort, and money a person spends to groom themselves to try to have a chosen look.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Why…is this even a topic or debate? Are we that desperate at this point for anything that we have to discuss a man’s hairstyle?

I love Homer's hair above lmao . This thread was so surprising, so I am having fun with it. As long as a player is great he could have a Mr T Mohawk for all I care mr t GIF

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Well, the OP says that Downs said he think's dreds are immature.  The actual quote would be nice to see, to the extent its an interesting topic.

IMO, too much vanity can be a sign of immaturity...or maybe another word to describe it better.  I'd say "too much" vanity can be measured by how much time, effort, and money a person spends to groom themselves to try to have a chosen look.  

No, the OP didn’t say that.

I get my haircut every 3 weeks, I get a no guard. I like the Military look where I barely have hair. It's clean, looks good, and feels good. No way could I have long hair, it would bother the crap out of me and imagine shampooing long hair Dailey. I don't know how women do it. I could never play football with long hair either, it would bug the crap out of me with sweating and opposing teams trying to grab it.

6 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Josh Dobbs got his dreads removed - saying, essentially, it was time to grow up.  Now, AR has done the same.  I think it's a good sign of maturing - thoughts?

I don’t see how dreads equals a lack of maturity and cutting them off equals being more mature.  ???   

And I find it very disappointing to have this discussed in a community of mostly white men.   

I don’t mean to be a hard * but I don’t think this thread has been thought through.   It’s ok for Downs to say this, it’s his hair.   But for the rest of us,  I wish this thread would just scroll off the page.  

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t see how dreads equals a lack of maturity and cutting them off equals being more mature.  ???   

And I find it very disappointing to have this discussed in a community of mostly white men.   

I don’t mean to be a hard * but I don’t think this thread has been thought through.   It’s ok for Downs to say this, it’s his hair.   But for the rest of us,  I wish this thread would just scroll off the page.  

Have you ever seen the band Korn?  All white guys with dreads.  They also seem pretty mature, especially now  days.  They are getting old