Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JT has mild high ankle sprain

chad72

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He will probably still play. But they could sit him a game so it heals properly and doesn’t effect him all season.

Nah. We need him so we can finally win in that cesspool they call a stadium in Jacksonville 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I would sit him so the ankle heals properly.  Otherwise, this ankle thing could end up lingering all season long. 

I would do what the team doctors say needs to be done and if that means he can play Sunday so be it.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I would sit him so the ankle heals properly.  Otherwise, this ankle thing could end up lingering all season long. 

Agreed.

I would not take the risk of aggravating it and making it worse

• Like 1

Even though mild, its still a high ankle sprain.  I'd sit JT.   Sermon looks like a tough runner and I like him better than I thought I did.  He won't break 60 yarders, but he can move the chains, IMO.

Why can't Hull play over Goodson?  Based on what I saw of him as a rookie, I like him better than Goodson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Even though mild, its still a high ankle sprain.  I'd sit JT.   Sermon looks like a tough runner and I like him better than I thought I did.  He won't break 60 yarders, but he can move the chains, IMO.

Why can't Hull play over Goodson?  Based on what I saw of him as a rookie, I like him better than Goodson.

If the Colts liked him they probably wouldn't have released him and then put him on the practice squad. I liked him too in what limited action I saw. He seemed very decisive and fast.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm sure the medical staff will make the determination on JTs ankle.  

Hull obviously didn't impress the coaches much.  There is a lot we don't know. 

50 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

JT will play if he wants to. They can tape him up. This new player pales in comparison to the older players that played hurt every game. I guess I am old school here 

Oh you're old school.   So you know the amount of pain a player is experiencing?  Good lord some of you are ridiculous.    "I've been watching football a long time.  I know what playing on a high ankle sprain feels like"    

Just nonsense 

I’m playing JT at 80% if he says he can play. We can’t afford to lose him & AR the same game.

3-2 vs 2-3 is a HUGE difference considering the divisional record & parity among the AFC right now. These next 3 games are the most important stretch of the season. 

i expect us to lose 3 of 5 after the Dolphins game.

Not because we are bad - but it’s a brutal 5 game strecth. Texans, Vikings, Bills, Jets, & Lions. We will be underdogs in every single game. 

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

JT will play if he wants to. They can tape him up. This new player pales in comparison to the older players that played hurt every game. I guess I am old school here 

Absolutely.  A mild sprain would never put a player on the bench.  They retape him and out he goes.  With a week to-get ready he will play.  They used to give players shots for pain and they would play.  His doesn’t even look serious.