Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay Game

Smonroe

I know, I know…so sue me for looking ahead.  

I would never wish an injury on any player, and I would rather see us face a team at full strength.  But, this is the NFL, injuries happen, next man up, etc.

I’m curious if they stay with Willis or pick up someone like Tannehill or Winston.  

If it bugs you to talk about it before the Texans game, no one is forcing you to comment. 

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He sprained his MCL and is expected to miss some time. We will see if they stick with Willis or go get a vet. Talk about a lucky break for the colts.

Sprained MCLs are usually a month to 6 weeks. Probably going to IR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Sprained MCLs are usually a month to 6 weeks. Probably going to IR

That's a shame.  He was just coming into his own as a franchise QB late last season.  I hope he has a full recovery.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

No way they stick with Willis lol 

Maybe, but it's not easy to bring in a guy off the street and have him learn the playbook in less than a week.  

A vet like Tannehill could be their best bet, with some packages for Willis.

So glad we got Flaaacoo.

59 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Maybe, but it's not easy to bring in a guy off the street and have him learn the playbook in less than a week.  

So glad we got Flaaacoo.

Glad we got Flacco too! I saw something somewhere saying there are 7 or more teams out there that have a disastrous backup QB situation and If the QB1 gets severely injured the whole season goes up in smoke. Point and example the Jets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

So glad we got Flaaacoo.

Willis has not been there more than a week or so. They have to sign someone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The good news is if they sign tannehilll Colts know him well. I can’t believe they didn’t go out and make the backup QB position better.

You mean like us when Kerry Collins came in?

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder why they traded for him. Willis is not a starting NFL QB.

They didn’t acquire him to be a starting QB.

If he’s not good enough to step in for 3 or 4 games, then I agree they shouldn’t have traded for him and should’ve signed somebody like Tannehill or Siemian.

I’d be surprised if they don’t do that now.  The Packers have a shot at a very good season.  And it’s critical for them to try to limit the losses during Love’s absence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

They didn’t acquire him to be a starting QB.

Oh. I know. But he has to step in to be a starter now.

If he’s not good enough to step in for 3 or 4 games, then I agree they shouldn’t have traded for him and should’ve signed somebody like Tannehill or Siemian.

I think I would prefer Willis over Siemian. Siemian is not good. I believe Tannehill, Ridder, and maybe Winston are better.

The Packers have a shot at a very good season.  And it’s critical for them to try to limit the losses during Love’s absence.

I agree. It will not be easy. The NFC North teams have brutal schedules. Green Bay has the Colts, Tennessee and then the Vikings. Not too difficult. The Vikings have the 49ers, Texans, then GB the next three weeks after tomorrow.