Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Secondary

compuls1v3

On 9/8/2024 at 8:50 PM, Defjamz26 said:

It usually takes CBs a few years. It’s the most difficult position to play besides QB. I think what the team needs is a veteran (aside from Moore) to mentor the young guys as well as high level upside prospects at corner and FS. I don’t think there’s a CB1 on this roster honestly. Jones is a decent CB2, but he’s really a backup player. 

Zone doesn’t work all the time, and eventually you’re going to have to play man. Theres no one on the roster who can play man-to-man on Nico Collins and that’s a problem.

Win the early downs on both sides of the line of scrimmage, odds are good that your personnel can shine. We didn't do enough of it, or much of it to let the TOP get lop sided. Though it was a slow death, it reminded us of the Ron Meeks days and the offense hitting big plays glossed over the disaster it could have been if they converted all the chances they got.

• Like 1

I guess this is their version of good journalism -- just ask everyone if they feel like they're on the hot seat... And this one was Bob Kravitz (long time antagonist), not a newer guy. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2024/09/10/colts-defensive-coordinator-gus-bradley-on-being-on-the-hot-seat/75136745007/

Colts fans deserve so much better than this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Win the early downs on both sides of the line of scrimmage, odds are good that your personnel can shine. We didn't do enough of it, or much of it to let the TOP get lop sided. Though it was a slow death, it reminded us of the Ron Meeks days and the offense hitting big plays glossed over the disaster it could have been if they converted all the chances they got.

Even if we had stopped the run better, Bradley has been terrible in 3rd and long situations. I think if the Texans had really needed to pass to beat us, they could have. The first big bomb to Collins was the exact same one he hit on us on the Texans first offensive possession in the season finale, and it was the same two defenders getting beat (Brents and Cross).

I truly think if we had just 1 corner that could take away the teams best perimeter receiver, we’d be set. The Jettas, AJ Browns, and Tyreek Hills are always going to get their yards, but it you can’t even lock up Collins who is good but not top 5, it’s always going to be a long game. We have to see him twice a year. If he’s Mike Evans, we need our Marshon Lattimore.

14 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Eli Apple

JC Jackson

Maybe Colts can get one of them could be better as next man up ?

A couple trades I would consider in addition to those FA’s

-Paulson Adebo, CB Saints. Only 25 and is a FA next year

-Brandon Stephen’s, CB Ravens- Only 26 but may cost a day 2 pick. Also do for a nice pay day. They drafted Wiggins round 1 so may be willing to part with him.

-Benjamin St. Juste, Commanders: Also only 26. Has had ups and downs. Might do better in a new scheme.

21 hours ago, Superman said:

PFR says 14 pressures (2nd most), 36.8% pressure rate (best). The pass rush was a bright spot. Hoping for more of that as the year goes on.

It shows that a good pass rush is not enough to win games. We go to Stroud a few times and a few big time sacks to get of the field but an F grade of run defense 

20 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Zaire and EJ stop with your podcast and play ball. Brent’s was a wasted pick. Availability is non existent. Scouts should have seen his history at Kansas. Brent’s has no mass. Ballard need to go FA. 

Zaire and EJ can do a podcast AND play ball.   The podcast has no bearing on their play on the field.   My god

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

So bad.

Jaylon Jones was bad last year, so he needs to play. He was bad in fall camp and preseason, so he needs to play. He's bad in Games 1-2, so he needs to play. 

If he keeps playing this bad, we may never be able to get him off the field. 

• Like 1

We played 2 Corners 44% of the times yesterday, Womack had 20 snaps while Flowers 19 when we went with 3. Carliles had 31 snaps playing 44% of the downs.  I expect David Long to start getting Corner snaps now that he will have been here close to 3 weeks by game time. Surprised Rodney Thomas got so many snaps as opposed to Harrison,