Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp August 2nd

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

9 am

Can you believe we are halfway through training camp after tomorrow. Is training camp shorter this year?

I could be wrong on this, but I think it was agreed to be shortened with the season extended to 17 games. 

• Like 1

After workn 8 out of last 9 days thanks to Amazon, I think ima sleep in til like 12 or 1 pm!!! Hope to wake up to some good camp/Colts news whatever that may be! No news is good news though too this time of year! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyEV said:

After workn 8 out of last 9 days thanks to Amazon, I think ima sleep in til like 12 or 1 pm!!! 

Only the boxes smile. And that’s because they are leaving. 

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Oh so sorry the weather is bad.

I think a delay would have been better, let the fields dry a little since I don’t think the storms are going to really hit here.

• Like 1

Just now, twfish said:

I think a delay would have been better, let the fields dry a little since I don’t think the storms are going to really hit here.

I agree. So far the models are showing it'll develop south and east of Indianapolis. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Either Latu is the bomb or the OL is still struggling.

We should hopefully really find out during joint team practices. My heart says Latu is just that good, my brain of course is second guessing for now.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

67% total completion is solid for a guy that is said to be inaccurate. If we can get 67% and some big playmaking through the air from AR, we will be in good shape with he and JT’s legs… 

15 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

9 am

Can you believe we are halfway through training camp after tomorrow. Is training camp shorter this year?

And we also don’t have a first year head coach, first year head coaches get an extra week if memory serves right

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twfish said:

They did that multiple times last year too. I didn’t get in the first go but did the second time 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t know, we moved him from his college cb position to fs as a rookie, and he did really well.  Then he had a couple of down years, until they moved him to ss the other year.  Now, he’s cleaning up at both spots.  Bottom line is that we’ll be fine at one of the positions with him in there…

• Like 4

Just now, Archer said:

I don’t know, we moved him from his college cb position to fs as a rookie, and he did really well.  Then he had a couple of down years, until they moved him to ss the other year.  Now, he’s cleaning up at both spots.  Bottom line is that we’ll be fine at one of the positions with him in there…

I think the problem is that if Blackmon is at SS, we'll have to be extra conservative when we're playing Cover 3 or Cover 1 because we'll have a "questionable" FS on the field. And anything that encourages Gus Bradley to be more conservative is probably not good for the defense.

Now, if Blackmon can continue making plays at FS and Cross holds up at SS, then maybe it's okay. 

I'm getting a little antsy, though. The first preseason game is still nine days away, then we have two sets of joint practices. I hope we see a good amount of defensive starters in the first game, and if things look decent on the back end, I'll relax.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Superman said:

I think the problem is that if Blackmon is at SS, we'll have to be extra conservative when we're playing Cover 3 or Cover 1 because we'll have a "questionable" FS on the field. And anything that encourages Gus Bradley to be more conservative is probably not good for the defense.

Now, if Blackmon can continue making plays at FS and Cross holds up at SS, then maybe it's okay. 

I'm getting a little antsy, though. The first preseason game is still nine days away, then we have two sets of joint practices. I hope we see a good amount of defensive starters in the first game, and if things look decent on the back end, I'll relax.

all good points. the FS is the last line of defense, I would rather have the savvy vet who seems to be hitting his prime rather than a young question mark at the position. 

also, our SS tends to sit closer to the line of scrimmage, so a missed coverage or tackle there hopefully won't hurt as bad as a missed coverage at FS