Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My before camp predictions

I do this every season. I predict my playoff teams and SB winner right before camp because rosters are close to what they will be. Then after the Pre-season, I do my final one because I want to make sure the teams I pick are healthy going into the season.

AFC I have as of now:

#1 seed Ravens - will win the North

#2 seed Chiefs - will win the West

#3 seed Texans - will win the South

#4 seed Dolphins - will win the East

My Wild Cards = #5 seed - Bengals, #6 seed - Bills, #7 seed Colts

AFC Championship Game = Chiefs at Ravens in a rematch. Ravens win this time. I have the Colts making the playoffs!

NFC I have as of now:

#1 seed Packers - will win the North

#2 seed 49ers - will win the West

#3 seed Eagles - will win the East

#4 seed Falcons - will win the South

My Wild Cards = #5 seed - Lions, #6 seed - Rams, #7 seed - Cowboys

NFC Championship Game = 49ers at Packers. Packers win the NFC is the pick.

SB = Ravens over Packers, Lamar finally does it!

Last season I had Ravens over Lions in the SB. Both my picks made the Final 4 so I wasn't too far off. I had a gut feeling the Chiefs would probably win the SB, so I went back and forth between the Ravens and Chiefs last season because of Mahomes but I don't see a 3-Peat. 

• Like 3

Without a game being played, and no key injuries known yet, I'd agree with you.

That being said, I hope this is a year where a certain young team puts it all together at seasons end and surprises us all.

• Like 2

Just now, Dunk said:

Without a game being played, and no key injuries known yet, I'd agree with you.

That being said, I hope this is a year where a certain young team puts it all together at seasons end and surprises us all.

Predictions are a crapshoot, but I look at projections for each team. Health is a big part of it for each team. Steelers and Jets are a crapshoot, I think we are better than both on paper. Rodgers is a top 10 QB of all-time, but can play like he did 3 years ago? Steelers always finish over .500 but to me Wilson is washed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Predictions are a crapshoot, but I look at projections for each team. Health is a big part of it for each team. Steelers and Jets are a crapshoot, I think we are better than both on paper. Rodgers is a top 10 QB of all-time, but can play like he did 3 years ago? Steelers always finish over .500 but to me Wilson is washed. 

Agree about Wilson, he's where Ryan was when we got him, but the Steelers are a pesky team that always seems to find a way in.

Kinda like how every thing always seemed to work out for the Pats when Brady was there.

Jets, who knows? They seem to be the polar opposite in the luck factor.

• Like 2

AFC :

#1 seed Jets......AFC east winner

#2 seed Chiefs..... West winner

#3 seed Colts & Texans tie for division.... one wins Division, the other Wild Card

#4 seed Central division winner, going out on limb and picking worst team in division last year,(and maybe this year too. Lol) Steelers to win Division

Wild Cards ..... Colts or Texans, Chargers, Broncos nosing out Jags.

AFCCG: Chiefs vs Jets.... ((Maholmes vs Rogers)

backup pick KC vs Colts with AR5 !!!!

....also down years for Ravens & Bengals and a bad year for phinns.

...maybe NFC later???

:woah:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

AFC :

#3 seed Colts & Texans tie for division.... one wins Division, the other Wild Card

#4 seed Central division winner, going out on limb and picking worst team in division last year,(and maybe this year too. Lol) Steelers to win Division

...maybe NFC later???

To be clear…..   by Central division you appear to mean the AFC North?   

Hey,  we’ve all done it….

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 4:53 AM, NewColtsFan said:

To be clear…..   by Central division you appear to mean the AFC North?   

Hey,  we’ve all done it….

Yeah North.....maybe I got confused about the Pittsburgh Pirates playing in the central. :thinking:

But I think before realignment there were only 3 divisions, I think.. Like the Colts and Dolphins played in the East, the Raiders and Broncos played in the West and the Steelers and Brownies played in the Central. 

But yeah my mistake the Steelers currently in the North division. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 4:50 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

AFC :

...maybe NFC later???

I also forgot to say I think Buffalo will also have a down year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah North.....maybe I got confused about the Pittsburgh Pirates playing in the central. :thinking:

But I think before realignment there were only 3 divisions, I think.. Like the Colts and Dolphins played in the East, the Raiders and Broncos played in the West and the Steelers and Brownies played in the Central. 

But yeah my mistake the Steelers currently in the North division. 

No worries.   Wasn’t making fun of you.  If I had one dollar for every brain cramp moment I’ve posted here, I’d be rich!   

It’s all good.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I also forgot to say I think Buffalo will also have a down year. 

I think Buffalo will have a down year as well but I still think they make the playoffs because of Josh Allen. Now if Rodgers is Rodgers of old, they won't get in.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 3:30 AM, NewColtsFan said:

No worries.   Wasn’t making fun of you.  If I had one dollar for every brain cramp moment I’ve posted here, I’d be rich!   

It’s all good.  

I'm not admitting to any brain cramps....it was a typo. haha

On 7/27/2024 at 8:31 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Buffalo will have a down year as well but I still think they make the playoffs because of Josh Allen. Now if Rodgers is Rodgers of old, they won't get in.

I think Rogers and Jets will have a good year, the year I was expecting last season. And they were looking good until the  3rd offensive play of the season.. haha

I'm predicting KC vs jets championship game. But they still are the jets so we'll cautiously see, But maybe 2024 will smile on them for once?

I hope so because I'm a Rogers Fan.

• Like 1

I agree with your Super Bowl picks, minus who wins it all. 

But yes, I feel the Ravens will be the best team in the AFC this year. I saw the Chiefs live last season in their loss to the Packers. I know they have improved, but I just don't see them as the top team in AFC. In their easy to win division, yes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Wow! Hope you have been okay 👍

I was just wondering how the bye's work because it is tough with 7 teams.   8 would make it easier but having half the field make it is not good. 

14 hours ago, PackersNation said:

I agree with your Super Bowl picks, minus who wins it all. 

But yes, I feel the Ravens will be the best team in the AFC this year. I saw the Chiefs live last season in their loss to the Packers. I know they have improved, but I just don't see them as the top team in AFC. In their easy to win division, yes.

Yeah I had the Lions winning the NFC last season before the season and damn near nailed it. I have you guys this season, I think Love is better than Goff.

10 hours ago, Myles said:

I was just wondering how the bye's work because it is tough with 7 teams.   8 would make it easier but having half the field make it is not good. 

#1 seed gets a Bye.

#2 vs #7

#3vs #6

#4 vs #5

2nd round: at that point you only have 4 teams left.

#1 seed plays the lowest the seed winner.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I had the Lions winning the NFC last season before the season and damn near nailed it. I have you guys this season, I think Love is better than Goff.

The Lions are way overrated. Last season is the first season they won the North in over 30 years. One good season does not make a juggernaut. I remember in 1991 the Lions won 12 games, everyone was saying they were going to take over the division for years. The next season they had 5 wins.

I am also with you on Goff being not close to J-Love. The Lions offense and defense is inferior to the Packers. We saw that last Thanksgiving. And the Packers have improved. New D-Coordinator Jeff Hafley and the boys are going to feast on the Lions. And we know what Matt LaFleur's offense can do. Now they added Josh Jacobs to the mix.

The Packers are still Kings Of The North and always have been. Nothing changed.

On 7/28/2024 at 10:42 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I hope so because I'm a Rogers Fan.

Perhaps you were joking, but it's *Rodgers.

Big fans should probably give him the respect to spell his name correctly. He has been in the league since 2005, time to get the name right.

And again, perhaps you were having a little fun with the spelling.

15 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

The Lions are way overrated. Last season is the first season they won the North in over 30 years. One good season does not make a juggernaut. I remember in 1991 the Lions won 12 games, everyone was saying they were going to take over the division for years. The next season they had 5 wins.

I am also with you on Goff being not close to J-Love. The Lions offense and defense is inferior to the Packers. We saw that last Thanksgiving. And the Packers have improved. New D-Coordinator Jeff Hafley and the boys are going to feast on the Lions. And we know what Matt LaFleur's offense can do. Now they added Josh Jacobs to the mix.

The Packers are still Kings Of The North and always have been. Nothing changed.

My gut told me the Lions would have a fantastic season last year because they looked good toward the end of 2022. They had their chance last season and really gave the game away in the NFC Title Game. I think the Packers win that division now and get the #1 seed. Back in 1991, the Lions made the NFC Championship Game and had Barry Sanders so many thought they would be good for years. They were inconsistent back then because they had terrible QB play. Scott Mitchell had 1 good year but was lousy otherwise. Packers had Favre back then as you know and a great defense. From roughly 1994-1997 the Packers were great overall; they just never could beat Dallas but did win the SB in 1996. They beat the 49ers though a couple of times. FWIW: My top 10 QB list of all-time includes Rodgers and Favre. They fall somewhere between 7-10. 

17 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Big fans should probably give him the respect to spell his name correctly. He has been in the league since 2005, time to get the name right.

Believe it or not, some still say 'Payton' Manning chuckling homer simpson GIF

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

FWIW: My top 10 QB list of all-time includes Rodgers and Favre. They fall somewhere between 7-10. 

I choose to wait until Aaron have his full career and body of work complete before ranking him. Favre I have in the top 10 along with Starr. 5 rings for Bart Starr is no joke.

Montana

Brady

Marino

Elway

Favre

Unitas

Manning

Starr

Roger Staubach

Steve Young

I will get some grief here perhaps for having Unitas above Manning, and both so low. I am going by more than stats. Overall talent is big with me. Marino, Elway, and Favre had more overall talent than 80% of any QB list. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PackersNation said:

I choose to wait until Aaron have his full career and body of work over before ranking him. Favre I have in the top 10 along with Starr. 5 rings for Bart Starr is no joke.

Montana

Brady

Marino

Elway

Favre

Unitas

Manning

Starr

Roger Staubach

Steve Young

I will get some grief here perhaps for having Unitas above Manning, and both so low. I am going by more than stats. Overall talent is big with me. Marino, Elway, and Favre had more overall talent than 80% of any QB list. 

That is a pretty good list. I think Rodgers is already a top 10 QB of all-time though. I go by stats, but also League MVP's are important to me, and SB/Championships wins are factored in. I do think talent matters as well because it is tough to keep Marino out of the top 10 because of his talent just because he never won a SB. Rodgers has won 4 League MVP's, that award is a huge accomplishment because it basically says that is the best player in the league. 

My Top 10: A lot of this is eye test too except I never seen Otto play live.

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning - 5 League MVP's and won a SB with 2 different teams.

4. Pat Mahomes - have to do it. 3 SB wins and 2 League MVP's already.

5. Johnny Unitas

6. John Elway

7. Aaron Rodgers - 4 League MVP's and did win a SB.

8. Otto Graham - he was the best for his time - seen film and his stats.

9. Brett Favre

10. Dan Marino

* Drew Brees, Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Troy Aikman and your guy Bart Starr all have an argument here for top 10 honors. Overall, I just listed 16 QB's. All are Tier 1 QB's regardless of the order :thmup:. The main reason why I rate Rodgers over Favre is, Rodgers TD to INT ratio is outstanding. Favre threw a lot of INT's in the playoffs that had one scratching their head.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a pretty good list. I think Rodgers is already a top 10 QB of all-time though. 

I am not saying Aaron won't be in my top 10 when his career is over. I don't rank players careers until their career is over and the whole story has been written.

I'm not sure about the Jets. They could make the playoffs, but they have disappointed their fans too many times, so I would be cautious about this.

Anyone except the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. If KC does make it, I hope they lose. Winning three SBs is a row could make the team and their fans insufferable. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a pretty good list. I think Rodgers is already a top 10 QB of all-time though. I go by stats, but also League MVP's are important to me, and SB/Championships wins are factored in. I do think talent matters as well because it is tough to keep Marino out of the top 10 because of his talent just because he never won a SB. Rodgers has won 4 League MVP's, that award is a huge accomplishment because it basically says that is the best player in the league. 

My Top 10: A lot of this is eye test too except I never seen Otto play live.

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning - 5 League MVP's and won a SB with 2 different teams.

4. Pat Mahomes - have to do it. 3 SB wins and 2 League MVP's already.

5. Johnny Unitas

6. John Elway

7. Aaron Rodgers - 4 League MVP's and did win a SB.

8. Otto Graham - he was the best for his time - seen film and his stats.

9. Brett Favre

10. Dan Marino

* Drew Brees, Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Troy Aikman and your guy Bart Starr all have an argument here for top 10 honors. Overall, I just listed 16 QB's. All are Tier 1 QB's regardless of the order :thmup:. The main reason why I rate Rodgers over Favre is, Rodgers TD to INT ratio is outstanding. Favre threw a lot of INT's in the playoffs that had one scratching their head.

Loving the Otto mention, winningest QB in Pro Football history with 7 titles and 3 runner ups in his 10 years as a Pro. Times were different of course but no QB will EVER go 10 for 10 with 70% titles.

• Like 1

Tier 1 QBs of all-time:

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana 

3. Peyton Manning 

4. Pat Mahomes 

5. Johnny Unitas 

6. John Elway 

7. Aaron Rodgers 

8. Otto Graham 

9. Brett Favre 

10. Dan Marino 

11. Drew Brees 

12. Steve Young

13. Terry Bradshaw 

14. Roger Staubach 

15. Bart Starr

16. Troy Aikman 

17. Sammy Baugh

18. Kurt Warner 

19. Fran Tarkenton 

20. Ben Roethlisberger 

21. Jim Kelly 

22. Philip Rivers 

23. Warren Moon 

24. Matt Ryan

25. Dan Fouts 

Tier 2 would be guys like = Sid Luckman, Russell Wilson, Bob Griese, Eli Manning, Steve McNair, Lamar Jackson, Phil Simms, Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, Jim Plunkett, Joe Namath, Len Dawson, I would even put Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Bert Jones in this tier. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 2:25 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tier 1 QBs of all-time:

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana 

3. Peyton Manning 

4. Pat Mahomes 

5. Johnny Unitas 

6. John Elway 

7. Aaron Rodgers 

8. Otto Graham 

9. Brett Favre 

10. Dan Marino 

11. Drew Brees 

12. Steve Young

13. Terry Bradshaw 

14. Roger Staubach 

15. Bart Starr

16. Troy Aikman 

17. Sammy Baugh

18. Kurt Warner 

19. Fran Tarkenton 

20. Ben Roethlisberger 

21. Jim Kelly 

22. Philip Rivers 

23. Warren Moon 

24. Matt Ryan

25. Dan Fouts 

Tier 2 would be guys like = Sid Luckman, Russell Wilson, Bob Griese, Eli Manning, Steve McNair, Lamar Jackson, Phil Simms, Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, Jim Plunkett, Joe Namath, Len Dawson, I would even put Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Bert Jones in this tier. 

and of course. I always forget a QB or 2 lol. Matt Stafford belongs in Tier 1 with Dan Fouts. Joe Flacco in Tier 2.

• Like 1

Back to the original thread: We will miss the playoffs with a 8-9 record.  More divisional losses. AR and our defense is the main reason. AR's learning due to mistakes/misreads and our defense DL due to injuries. RPO requires fast processing and AR is not there yet. JT lost a step. Ballard and Gus on the hot seat for sure.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Back to the original thread: We will miss the playoffs with a 8-9 record.  More divisional losses. AR and our defense is the main reason. AR's learning due to mistakes/misreads and our defense DL due to injuries. RPO requires fast processing and AR is not there yet. JT lost a step. Ballard and Gus on the hot seat for sure.

I respect your opinion but disagree bigtime. I think the Colts win 10 games and either win the division or get a 6 or 7 seed.

On 7/31/2024 at 1:09 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I respect your opinion but disagree bigtime. I think the Colts win 10 games and either win the division or get a 6 or 7 seed.

I am not jumping on either side of the fence.  AR could be a top 3 QB or a bottom 3 QB.   I have no idea.   I think the Colts could win as many as 12 games or they could win as few as 6 games.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Myles said:

I am not jumping on either side of the fence.  AR could be a top 3 QB or a bottom 3 QB.   I have no idea.   I think the Colts could win as many as 12 games or they could win as few as 6 games.  

I don't think top 3 or bottom 3. I think he can be top 10 if things flow well or 20th at worse if things backfire. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think top 3 or bottom 3. I think he can be top 10 if things flow well or 20th at worse if things backfire. 

He could lead the league in INT's.   

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 11:47 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do this every season. I predict my playoff teams and SB winner right before camp because rosters are close to what they will be. Then after the Pre-season, I do my final one because I want to make sure the teams I pick are healthy going into the season.

AFC I have as of now:

#1 seed Ravens - will win the North

#2 seed Chiefs - will win the West

#3 seed Texans - will win the South

#4 seed Dolphins - will win the East

My Wild Cards = #5 seed - Bengals, #6 seed - Bills, #7 seed Colts

AFC Championship Game = Chiefs at Ravens in a rematch. Ravens win this time. I have the Colts making the playoffs!

NFC I have as of now:

#1 seed Packers - will win the North

#2 seed 49ers - will win the West

#3 seed Eagles - will win the East

#4 seed Falcons - will win the South

My Wild Cards = #5 seed - Lions, #6 seed - Rams, #7 seed - Cowboys

NFC Championship Game = 49ers at Packers. Packers win the NFC is the pick.

SB = Ravens over Packers, Lamar finally does it!

Last season I had Ravens over Lions in the SB. Both my picks made the Final 4 so I wasn't too far off. I had a gut feeling the Chiefs would probably win the SB, so I went back and forth between the Ravens and Chiefs last season because of Mahomes but I don't see a 3-Peat. 

looks spot on to me before major injuries

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

looks spot on to me before major injuries

I agree. I really hope no injuries happen this year (tall order I know…). But it sure would be nice to watch those Primetime games with teams at their full potential. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2024 at 8:36 AM, PackersNation said:

Its that "corrective spelling" thing.....again.

But regardless, I am a fan of rogers. 

On 8/1/2024 at 11:30 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see anyway AR will be a bottom tier qb. What I hope is that stays on the field for the most part of his career AND he doesn't become injury prone and unavailable, especially for big games. 

• Like 2