Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 3 prediction

Kyle

Just now, w87r said:

It feels like they are going to sign Diggs, or he at least is giving his best effort to try and convince them.

I imagine we will know in the next few days, potentially.

Draft settle up, UDFA. Few releases and couple vet additions.

I have that thought too. Colts could have easily used the third round pick on a CB or S, I do like the Goncalves pick, feels like Ballard has post draft plans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Same. We probably need to add some depth/competition. 

Yeah, can't imagine we don't add a guy to the room.

We have (5) picks currently, so I will use that as basis, on what would like to grab.

4th - CB/LB(unless we go Hicks here)

5th - S

5th - RB

5th - LB/CB

7th - LB/WR/OL

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

It feels like they are going to sign Diggs, or he at least is giving his best effort to try and convince them.

I imagine we will know in the next few days, potentially.

Draft settle up, UDFA. Few releases and couple vet additions.

I won’t be surprised if they sign a cheaper vet CB too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, can't imagine we don't add a guy to the room.

We have (5) picks currently, so I will use that as basis, on what would like to grab.

4th - CB/LB(unless we go Hicks here)

5th - S

5th - RB

5th - LB/CB

7th - LB/WR/OL

Last year I had a very good feel about what we were after. This year I've been kind of off so... Not really sure. Ballard mentioned depth with both OL and WR. I wouldn't completely rule out us double dipping at both positions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I won’t be surprised if they sign a cheaper vet CB too. 

Me either with the amount of cap space we have. I'll give you a possibility. We may not draft a CB at all in the draft and pay someone like Xavien Howard or Akhello Witherspoon a 1 year deal to help the team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Last year I had a very good feel about what we were after. This year I've been kind of off so... Not really sure. Ballard mentioned depth with both OL and WR. I wouldn't completely rule out us double dipping at both positions. 

Same, about being a little off.

Definitely wouldn't rule out either of those happening.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wonder if it’s been hard to predict this year because there isn’t a huge holes on this team. When there are glaring holes it’s easier to predict. 

Jaden Hicks IMO fits what we need and what we usually like. So does TJ Tampa. 

Troy Franklin continues to fall so... if he's there for our 4th rounder? Do we double dip? He's different to AD Mitchell, he's more of a speedy Z. Or are we too invested in Dulin? I don't think we would be but... who knows. 

There still are starting centers out there too. Sedrick van Pran is still there, Bortolini is there... Nourzad is there. 

I think Tyrone Tracy is pretty good, but we might need to pick him in R4... do we invest that high of a pick for RB?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

There are good centers left. French and Pinter are not impressive.

I bet there are good slots still available. RB competition.

I give up on secondary. I'm ready for Diggs and Gilmore and let's kick tail 

This season.

• Like 1

RB has always been odd in the draft.  Many times you can stick in a late round pick and he will do well.  Teams have picked up on this and RB's are not drafted early very often.  Only 4 taken in the first 3 rounds.  That tells me that quality RB's are still available.  

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wonder if it’s been hard to predict this year because there isn’t a huge holes on this team. When there are glaring holes it’s easier to predict. 

I think I got overinvested in the idea of trading back in R1 and thus Worthy making a lot of sense. And I didn't expect Mitchell to be there in R2 so that eliminated him. Matt Goncalves was completely out of the blue pick for me. I had not watched even a highlight video of him. I thought Latu is an option, but when talking about Ballard types I would have picked both Turner and Verse as more of a Ballard types. How would I know he would decide to bet on refinement and production instead of physical traits for what seems like the first time in his career. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

There are good centers left. French and Pinter are not impressive.

I bet there are good slots still available. RB competition.

I give up on secondary. I'm ready for Diggs and Gilmore and let's kick tail 

This season.

Yeah... I think we pick a center. Not just French and Pinter... but Kelly's contract expires next year and by his words there haven't even been any talks about extension so far. It's possible Ballard will go for his C of the future ... soon. Like ... R4 soon. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think I got overinvested in the idea of trading back in R1 and thus Worthy making a lot of sense. And I didn't expect Mitchell to be there in R2 so that eliminated him. Matt Goncalves was completely out of the blue pick for me. I had not watched even a highlight video of him. I thought Latu is an option, but when talking about Ballard types I would have picked both Turner and Verse as more of a Ballard types. How would I know he would decide to bet on refinement and production instead of physical traits for what seems like the first time in his career. 

It’s actually kind of nice where we can just take the best player instead of drafting for need. I still don’t like the CB room much outside of Brent’s. Still too much hope there with late round picks and undrafted guys. 

You are right about busting his past tendencies. I was noticing Zach hicks is raining on everyone’s parade because Ballard has not followed the trend. His build a bsllard series got blown to pieces. 

Hart seems perfect for the Colts and he had a great senior bowl week. 

There’s some IOL guys available like Wimmer, and the Wisconsin center. 

They need to draft a cover LB like the kid from Washington

The running back from Louisville is a fit too

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah... I think we pick a center. Not just French and Pinter... but Kelly's contract expires next year and by his words there haven't even been any talks about extension so far. It's possible Ballard will go for his C of the future ... soon. Like ... R4 soon. 

I think colts future center will probably be drafted eventually a lot higher. A round 4 guy probably doesn’t give us much more then Pinter and French. Ballard did say the guy last night could probably play center too.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s actually kind of nice where we can just take the best player instead of drafting for need. I still don’t like the CB room much outside of Brent’s. Still too much hope there with late round picks and undrafted guys. 

You are right about busting his past tendencies. I was noticing Zach hicks is raining on everyone’s parade because Ballard has not followed the trend. His build a bsllard series got blown to pieces. 

So you are no longer mad at the Latu pick? :P 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

I’m not a fan of paying a center $14 million either. I’m glad Kelly bounced back under Tony S., but at his age and price I would like a center. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkeyecolt said:

I’m not a fan of paying a center $14 million either. I’m glad Kelly bounced back under Tony S., but at his age and price I would like a center. 

Still like McCormick for unspecified future IOL use…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

So you are no longer mad at the Latu pick? :P 

I was never mad. I think in the moment it was just disappointment but with the 4 big pass catchers gone it was the right pick. With the CB not going until later in first seems teams were not high on them. Ballard did say last night he didn’t see the value in CB in the second also.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stitches said:

:goodluck:

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Our box safeties aren't that great anyway.   I'd like to see Cross develop into a FS.

With his speed that's where his traits could  be an advantage. Hasn't been able to grab that spot but he was young coming out.

44 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I think the Colts r praying these last two picks work out. That way, they could let Kelly and Smith walk. Smith has been hurt too much to earn an extension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, w87r said:

I think Blackmon and Cross are the starters as we sit here today.

Could be, but I was just trying to make the point, that there is no reason to think, that these later round picks (that Ballard makes) will not have a chance of making the team, or even being major contributors.