Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Thread Day 1 (Final Discussions, Predictions, Rumors, etc…). ****NO SPOILERS****

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not too brag or anything but I told everyone in here that Penix should go in the top 10 in the draft. I had him in my mock going to the Giants at 6. People actually told me no way he goes top 10 and some laughed. I was like ok, watch and see. 

My original mock was:

1. Caleb Williams to the Bears

2. Jayden Daniels to the Commanders

3. Drake Maye to the Pats

4. Marvin Harrison Jr to the Cards

5. Malik Nabors to the Chargers (I was wrong there)

6. Michael Penix Jr to the Giants

7. Joe Alt to the Titans

8. Dallas Turner to the Falcons

-that was my top 8.

Nabers was the best pick for the Giants. He is a younger version of Justin Jefferson

Just now, Solid84 said:

The Chiefs got Xavier Worthy... I hate it...

This is my absolute least favorite pick. Now that he's on the Chiefs I can't cheer for him...😕

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

Dammit... I wanted him for us... 

No guarantee he'll succeed as an  NFL wide receiver, it takes more than just blazing speed - reminds me of when the 49ers thought they had something with track star Renaldo Nehemiah but it didn't work out the way they had planned.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Nabers was the best pick for the Giants. He is a younger version of Justin Jefferson

When I did my mock, I didn't think Nabors would be there at 6. I had him going 5th to the Chargers. You are correct because he was there at 6, I agree. Had he not been, the Giants I am sure would have gone Penix Jr because they are not high on Daniel Jones at the moment. Nabors was just to great of a talent to pass at 6. They can now stick with Jones because Nabors will be a major help.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

No guarantee he'll succeed as an  NFL wide receiver, it takes more than just blazing speed - reminds me of when the 49ers thought they had something with track star Renaldo Nehemiah but it didn't work out the way they had planned.

Worthy isn't just another track star. His film shows a WR with quite a bit of technical skill and nuance. He's going to be great, especially in that KC offense.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who will be the last.4 players?

Any players that have slipped that you thought would have been drafted by now?

Dejean the only one that comes to mind maybe AMitchell, the way things are going, I wouldnt be surprised if Kool-aid could drop to us in the 2nd rd!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

Worthy isn't just another track star. His film shows a WR with quite a bit of technical skill and nuance. He's going to be great, especially in that KC offense.

Yeah, there is never a guarantee that a prospect will transition successfully to the league, but he has more than just speed. IMO the biggest questions with him are about his size and whether he can hold up health-wise. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I did my mock, I didn't think Nabors would be there at 6. I had him going 5th to the Chargers. You are correct because he was there at 6, I agree. Had he not been, the Giants I am sure would have gone Penix Jr because they are not high on Daniel Jones at the moment. Nabors was just to great of a talent to pass at 6. They can now stick with Jones because Nabors will be a major help.

I disagree. They like Jones a lot. My friend, the Giants season-ticket holder, told me the Giants wanted to draft a receiver. They believe in Jones but if they got Maye and maybe Daniels, they may have drafted them.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I disagree. They like Jones a lot. My friend, the Giants season-ticket holder, told me the Giants wanted to draft a receiver. They believe in Jones but if they got Maye and maybe Daniels, they may have drafted them.

It's ok to disagree, I love debate and all opinions. For whatever reason you don't seem to like Penix Jr. though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

What did the panthers just give up to trade up?

They havent done a very good job of explaining trades tonight! 

Just now, IndyEV said:

They havent done a very good job of explaining trades tonight! 

Just traded picks and traded 5th/6th round picks

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's ok to disagree, I love debate and all opinions. For whatever reason you don't seem to like Penix Jr. though. 

I don't like him or Nix and all the others below them (Pratt, Rattler, ND QB, etc).

Just now, NFLfan said:

I don't like him or Nix and all the others below them (Pratt, Rattler, ND QB, etc).

Why? Have you actually watched Penix play. I watched almost every game he played in going back to his Indiana days. He was lights out last year. All you are going by is the Championship Game is my guess? That was the only bad game he had all season, and it was because Michigan just controlled the game and got up big early. Penix had to force a lot and put it all on his shoulders. He couldn't do it by himself.