Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton at the Masters

Nevbot

One thing I have never done is meet Peyton Manning. I have been to around 50 home games during my Fandom from 1987-2013 regarding going to games. I met Jim Harbaugh and got his autograph when I went to the Chargers game in 1996. He chatted with me for around 2 or 3 minutes. Called me Bud over and over and was so nice and he kept smiling at my mom lmao . I was only 25 then. Just going to the Masters alone had to be a treat but talking to Peyton had to be the cherry on top. Great stuff man.

My Peyton story isn't nearly as good but, my cousin and I were at Colts-Ravens game 2nd row behind Colts bench at 45 yard line. A Ravens fan behind us just shouting negative comments towards Peyton the entire game. In the end Colts win, Peyton takes his wristbands off and hands them to a trainer looks up in the stands and I SWEAR he pointed to me (I had a 18 jersey on) The guy throws the wristbands in my direction but way over my head, guess who caught them? Yup, the guy berating Peyton! I heard him say maybe he's not so bad after all!

4 hours ago, Nevbot said:

I just thought I would take this opportunity to brag a bit about the fact that I had the opportunity to chat with Peyton at the Masters last week for about 5 minutes.  Truly a bucket list experience and I must say, he has the Southern Hospitality that one might expect but wow- did not expect to run into him and it was quite the experience.  It just had to be the one place left on earth where cell phones are banned, so no picture opportunity unfortunately.  

I told Peyton that my first Colts experience was riding to Buffalo in a blizzard when the Colts were 14-0 and they benched him only to lose that game. I said thanks for my first Colts experience being one where he was riding the pine.  He laughed, apologized to me and said that if it was up to him he would have been checking down in that snow storm for 4 quarters.  He thanked me for the support, and was asking me a bit about myself, where I am from, etc.  Quite the gentleman! I think it was obligatory for him to be nice to patrons while he was wearing his Green Jacket, but none the less....a great experience meeting a childhood hero. Lynn Swann walked up to us while we were talking and shook Peyton's hand.  I joked that now was the perfect time for a 10 yard slant- and then slid into the bushes like Homer Simpson with humility. 

Unforgettable experience everyone!

Would love to hear some of your Peyton stories from over the years, since it is a bit of a slow time of year before the draft! Let it fly Colts fans  

Great story !

It would have been awesome if you could have got a selfie with him.

4 hours ago, Nevbot said:

I just thought I would take this opportunity to brag a bit about the fact that I had the opportunity to chat with Peyton at the Masters last week for about 5 minutes.  Truly a bucket list experience and I must say, he has the Southern Hospitality that one might expect but wow- did not expect to run into him and it was quite the experience.  It just had to be the one place left on earth where cell phones are banned, so no picture opportunity unfortunately.  

I told Peyton that my first Colts experience was riding to Buffalo in a blizzard when the Colts were 14-0 and they benched him only to lose that game. I said thanks for my first Colts experience being one where he was riding the pine.  He laughed, apologized to me and said that if it was up to him he would have been checking down in that snow storm for 4 quarters.  He thanked me for the support, and was asking me a bit about myself, where I am from, etc.  Quite the gentleman! I think it was obligatory for him to be nice to patrons while he was wearing his Green Jacket, but none the less....a great experience meeting a childhood hero. Lynn Swann walked up to us while we were talking and shook Peyton's hand.  I joked that now was the perfect time for a 10 yard slant- and then slid into the bushes like Homer Simpson with humility. 

Would love to hear some of your Peyton stories from over the years, since it is a bit of a slow time of year before the draft! Let it fly Colts fans  

That is great for you.  Enjoy the memories.  I have no interest in the Masters myself but maybe Peyton added some comedy.

Being at Augusta National would be great, meeting Peyton there is great. Did the Swedish Bikini team show up next?

(Old Milwaukee beer commercial reference)

Sounds like you had a great visit.

• Like 1

@Nevbot

Great story. I have a Masters and Manning story but sadly they are not related. Been to Augusta National twice - both on the Wednesday practice round. It is a magical place. Not a single blade of grass out of place.  First time it was in 2001 when Tiger completed his Tiger Slam. 

On Manning - my wife works for Ascension and won two seats for us at the fundraising dinner he does for his children’s hospital. This was the end of February just before Covid hit. We got to take a photo with him but it was with another couple we did not know. Thank goodness for photoshop. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nevbot said:

Awesome experience.