Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, the Ridley contract was ridiculous. I would have never signed him for that if I were Ballard.  I do understand that the draft class of WRs is very strong. I'm hoping we get one within the Colts first 3 picks. Obviously though, it's one of those things where we only have two solid WRs right now in Pittman and Downs, and although we probably draft a WR (or 2) it's still not guaranteed as of now, and I would have preferred to have signed a WR and drafted one early to hedge our bets and Osborn was the perfect underrated guy IMO.

JMO of course.

I suppose most anything is possible, but I have to believe the Colts will either use their first or second round pick on a WR.   I don’t see them waiting until R3 to draft one.   I have to believe we will want someone in the top 50.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I suppose most anything is possible, but I have to believe the Colts will either use their first or second round pick on a WR.   I don’t see them waiting until R3 to draft one.   I have to believe we will want someone in the top 50.  

Really thinking:

WR/Bowers - 1st

S/LB - 2nd

Sneed/WR - 3rd

If we don't bring in Sneed, I think we will bring in a different vet. Not sure about drafting one, if we sign a vet. Maybe late round?

Just now, w87r said:

Really thinking:

WR/Bowers - 1st

S/LB - 2nd

Sneed/WR - 3rd

If we don't bring in Sneed, I think we will bring in a different vet. Not sure about drafting one, if we sign a vet. Maybe late round?

Maybe.

part of me wonders what is actually going on. Keep in mind, we heard of similar rumors back and forth when we traded for Wentz. It was 2-3 weeks of speculation before it finally fell into place. Granted it didn’t end well, I’m curious if we’ll hear something this coming week, one way or the other

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

Watch Ballard sign Willie Snead to a minimum deal. That would be the ultimate troll lol! haha 

I don’t think that can happen.  The Colts or any team has to trade for Sneed.  KC has his rights.   

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think that can happen.  The Colts or any team has to trade for Sneed.  KC has his rights.   

Talking about Willie Snead, the WR. He's a FA. It's a joke because he's a low-end WR at this point that's 31 with the same last name as LaJarius Sneed, just spelled slightly different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Willie Snead is a receiver.   Not the snead this thread is talking about.  Jared was being funny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He can sign any offer sheet he wants but if he does the chiefs can match it or they get two first round picks.  Same rules Pittman was under.

With that said Willie Sneed is a WR who is a former Ball State Cardinal.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Talking about Willie Snead, the WR. He's a FA. It's a joke because he's a low-end WR at this point that's 31 with the same last name as LaJarius Sneed, just spelled slightly different.

I understand your joke.   

• Like 1

Just now, BProland85 said:

Watch Ballard wait until April 1st to announce the trade for Sneed so we can all speculate if it’s real or not. 

That would be hilarious. Then Ballard sends a tweet saying "APRIL FOOLS DAY", and sends Colts nation into a frenzy lol.

Withtt the way Reggie announced on twitter about how we basically need to wait on Peirce and not judge him yet makes me think we won't be in on a WR in the first. I think it will be either Bowers or CB or edge player. If we got Sneed then it's edge or Bowers. Especially if Verse is still there.

• Like 1

So maybe the snag was fitting the money into the cap so some things had to be done. Which would make sense.

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

Withtt the way Reggie announced on twitter about how we basically need to wait on Peirce and not judge him yet makes me think we won't be in on a WR in the first. I think it will be either Bowers or CB or edge player. If we got Sneed then it's edge or Bowers. Especially if Verse is still there.

Bowers at 15 then a WR in the second would be awesome.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

So you’re telling me there’s both a Sneed AND a Snead?!?     

OK….    :facepalm:         :giveup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I can’t imagine that Reggie saying people need to have more patience with Pierce has any influence in who the Colts take in the first or any other round.   And I say that as someone who likes Pierce and has defended him here many times.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

In 2014 he was the guy in charge of structuring Colts contracts,  not sure if he still works for the team or not.  In 2014 he was under Grigson.

He’s still in the same job.  The Colts did a big video profile on him in the last year or two.   A day in the life. 

4 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Possibly.   If Bowers is gone then CB is still a possibility.  BPA.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Possibly.   If Bowers is gone then CB is still a possibility.  BPA.

Depends on if they get Sneed or not.  If they get Sneed and the other players the Colts liked at 15 are gone Ballard will trade back, especially if he trades a pick for Sneed.  There is no reason to draft a corner if they get Sneed.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Keep in mind, it’s misinformation season…

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My guess if it means anything the snag had to do with contract structure and fitting it in. Blume is colts cap guy.

Pardon me but I’m not making a connection to Snead here. Can you assist?

Just now, csmopar said:

The guy being mentioned handles the Colts contracts and making sure they fit under the cap.  The assumption is he made Sneed’s contract fit.  Time will tell if that’s what it means or not.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Mike Bluem is colts cap contract guy. He was thanking him. Then posted you will see what it means. 

Seems to be a lot of smoke tonight it’s finally done. We will see.

1 minute ago, twfish said:

With a guy by the name of “fuknate” im guessing this is a troll lol

Could be. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Could he have completed it for the Chiefs?  Then they forward it to the Colts.

Teams do their own physicals once trades are completed.  They aren’t going to take another team’s word for it that he’s healthy even if he more than likely is.

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

Maybe the trade is done contingent on the physical.

That could be but then the paperwork would be filed with the league and the trade would be public knowledge, but yes that’s how it does work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

i doubt we use our first rounder on a WR after paying pittman and drafting downs. maybe a 2nd

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Depends on whose there and how much they believe in Pierce.

depends on a lot of things, is it impossible? no. but I highly doubt we take a WR in the first unless an absolute baller falls to us, which I doubt.

Its probably DE, CB, or Bowers if he falls. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Teams do their own physicals once trades are completed.  They aren’t going to take another team’s word for it that he’s healthy even if he more than likely is.

They would still do it once it’s completed.  I don’t think the Chiefs would stick it to Ballard.  I think Ballard would trust them.