Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Jim Irsay’s Twitter TODAY: Andrew Luck IS FINALLY returning to the Colts at the upcoming 12th annual Chuckstrong Tailgate Gala

csmopar

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I will agree with you on this. As much as I joked about buying said ticket and booing, it was in jest. The event is about raising cancer funds so the booing should not occur in this venue

I was waiting to see you on TV and pull the Ol' Bullhorn out, you are no fun (sarcasm)homer simpson wonder GIFlmao .

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

For what it’s worth, Bob Irsay saved the colts in the long run. 

True.

I guess my point was that Bob Irsay was a jerk.  And if character purity is the entrance fee for admittance to the ring of honor (as it seems to be for Luck), then Bob Irsay, Eric Dickerson, even Jim Harbaugh all fall afoul of that measuring stick.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The events for Chuck Pagano.   It’s to celebrate Chuck Pagano.   Andrew Luck is there to celebrate Chuck Pagano.  

There is a TIME and a PLACE for booing Andrew Luck.   THIS isn’t it.   Period.  

When Luck gets put into the Ring of Honor someday, if you're not over it by then,  and you still want to boo him THAT’S the time.   When the event is about ANDREW LUCK, not when it’s about Chuck Pagano. 

I hope this makes some sense to you?  

I think it's a dirty move to bring Luck back at this event because Irsay is betting that he won't get booed when it's to celebrate Chuck Pagano and the fans probably won't do it. This is not an honest example of how the fans feel. Bring Luck back during training camp or something when the fans are there and announce him by himself to get a true indicator of how the fans feel. 

If Luck is being brought back to talk about Chuck, then of course Colts fans aren't going to boo him. They should, but they won't because it would ruin the event for Chuck, and then Irsay would call the fans out for it even though he set up the event in a dishonest way. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was waiting to see you on TV and pull the Ol' Bullhorn out, you are no fun (sarcasm)homer simpson wonder GIFlmao .

I have better things to spend 1000 bucks on haha

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I have better things to spend 1000 bucks on haha

I wouldn't go either, but I am glad the Colts are having this event, and it is cool/goodhearted of Luck to attend because it is for Cancer and Chuck is a good dude. He and Luck got a long and won a lot of games together. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I think it's a dirty move to bring Luck back at this event because Irsay is betting that he won't get booed when it's to celebrate Chuck Pagano and the fans probably won't do it. This is not an honest example of how the fans feel. Bring Luck back during training camp or something when the fans are there and announce him by himself to get a true indicator of how the fans feel. 

If Luck is being brought back to talk about Chuck, then of course Colts fans aren't going to boo him. They should, but they won't because it would ruin the event for Chuck, and then Irsay would call the fans out for it even though he set up the event in a dishonest way. 

OK….    Apparently what I wrote made NO SENSE to you.  None at all.   Zero.  

I’m as close to speechless with you as I can get.     

So be it. 

50 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Dear God… Making a lot of assumptions here and working yourself up over nothing. This is Luck’s choice to come back, Irsay is just announcing he’ll be there. 

Luck has been back in Lucas Oil at least once or twice already and guess what? He wasn’t booed. 

I can’t speak for the fans online and outside of the state, but around Indianapolis and Indiana people don’t hate him as much as you think or want us to. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I hope Luck gets booed like crazy again. I'd have a worse choice of words for him if I were there, but I don't expect everyone to be as extreme as me, so I'll accept boos at the tailgate.

I still want him blacklisted from the team. No mentions of any kind. What Luck did to this team, the fans, the players, the FO, and ownership was absolutely horrible. I never want to hear his name mentioned by the Colts again. He has caused more harm to this team by retiring then arguably any player I can remember. When I hear his name, it brings out anger, disgust, and hate towards this team and that period from 2019-2023 where we didn't have a QB (I count 2023 because Richardson was out most of the season). 

See a therapist. You don’t speak for the colts and especially for colts fans. You don’t speak for me. As a Colts fan, you should be equally as angry at the Colts for what they did to Andrew Luck… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Dear God… Making a lot of assumptions here and working yourself up over nothing. This is Luck’s choice to come back, Irsay is just announcing he’ll be there. 

Luck has been back in Lucas Oil at least once or twice already and guess what? He wasn’t booed. 

I can’t speak for the fans online and outside of the state, but around Indianapolis and Indiana people don’t hate him as much as you think or want us to. 

Hey Irsay

Ask Luck to come Online... 

We're LOUD over here :Gaah:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't go either, but I am glad the Colts are having this event, and it is cool/goodhearted of Luck to attend because it is for Cancer and Chuck is a good dude. He and Luck got a long and won a lot of games together. 

Lucks grand came out of Irsays personal account. He should be expected to write a much bigger check. And I would wager he did. lol

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

When has he returned to LOS

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The events for Chuck Pagano.   It’s to celebrate Chuck Pagano.   Andrew Luck is there to celebrate Chuck Pagano.  

There is a TIME and a PLACE for booing Andrew Luck.   THIS isn’t it.   Period.  

When Luck gets put into the Ring of Honor someday, if you're not over it by then,  and you still want to boo him THAT’S the time.   When the event is about ANDREW LUCK, not when it’s about Chuck Pagano. 

I hope this makes some sense to you?  

@PRnum1

OK….  I’ll go down the rabbit hole with you on this.    What did you find so confusing?   Maybe I can explain? 

I still want him blacklisted from the team. No mentions of any kind. What Luck did to this team, the fans, the players, the FO, and ownership was absolutely horrible. I never want to hear his name mentioned by the Colts again. He has caused more harm to this team by retiring then arguably any player I can remember. When I hear his name, it brings out anger, disgust, and hate towards this team and that period from 2019-2023 where we didn't have a QB (I count 2023 because Richardson was out most of the season). 

I’m just now seeing this whopper of a post.   You do understand the rest of us can read it?    Being a Colts fan seems to bring you nothing but misery.   How sad that must be?    But this post might be the worst in a string of angry rants this morning. 

You don’t like Irsay much.   You hate Ballard and you really REALLY hate, loath and despise the FORMER quarterback.   And you didn’t seem to enjoy this past season very much.   

Does anything about the Colts make you happy?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fanbase needs to have a spine for this and let Luck know he is not off the hook. Just because 5 years have passed doesn't mean we are better off for it. We had to go through crap for 5 years of no QB, and we still don't know 100% if we have our franchise QB yet. He deserves to hear how much he hurt this fanbase, and if this fanbase actually cares, they will let Luck know how much they affected him negatively. 

If there's a standing ovation for Luck at this tailgate, then I'm going to be very disappointed and ashamed of the Indy fanbase.

Most rational people let things go.   Especially things you have no control over.   The fans will embrace him,   as they should.   No one cares you will be ashamed 

• Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Most rational people let things go.   Especially things you have no control over.   The fans will embrace him,   as they should.   No one cares you will be ashamed 

“Stress over what you can control, let go of what you cannot”. 

It’s hard but I’m trying live by these words more often now. It’s why I’m not on this forum as much anymore. I can’t really control what the team does. I can only allow it to entertain me. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If I recall correctly it was something to do with the college football championship a few years ago. 

You mean when he was announcing it? Yeah that’s in an isolated booth and not in front of 65000 plus colts fans. So that’s not a good measuring stick .

to my knowledge, he’s not stepped out formally at any colts event in which the mass public is present. Honestly, if a poll was done, I’m guessing 30-40 percent of colts fans locally still hold Luck in a negative view. That’s just based on conversations like this with colts fans on game days in person. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

@PRnum1

OK….  I’ll go down the rabbit hole with you on this.    What did you find so confusing?   Maybe I can explain? 

Yeah….   That’s what I expected.   For a couple of months now your approach toward me has changed.   I’d guess roughly 80 percent of your responses to me are the same confuse emoji, no matter what I write.  

And here’s how I know you’re not the least bit sincerely confused.    Because if you were confused, you’d follow up with a question as you do from time to time.   The rare exceptions.    But in most cases you don’t.   You’ve decided to be my personal troll.   You’re going to show me what it’s like to get negative emoji’s.   (Yeah, like you’re the only one!).  

You’re free to do whatever you like.   But if you’re going to be my troll, that means I’m not going to give a rip if/when you have a question for me.  You can go pound sand.  

I was going to make this post a private message to you.  But when I asked you what confused you about my post and you responded with yet another confused emoji,  that was the moment YOU made this personal.   You're a smart guy, but you’ve over played your hand. 

Im expecting another negative emoji in 3, 2, 1…….   

4 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I hope Luck gets booed like crazy again. I'd have a worse choice of words for him if I were there, but I don't expect everyone to be as extreme as me, so I'll accept boos at the tailgate.

4 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Dear God man.   

:facepalm:

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

You mean when he was announcing it? Yeah that’s in an isolated booth and not in front of 65000 plus colts fans. So that’s not a good measuring stick .

to my knowledge, he’s not stepped out formally at any colts event in which the mass public is present. Honestly, if a poll was done, I’m guessing 30-40 percent of colts fans locally still hold Luck in a negative view. That’s just based on conversations like this with colts fans on game days in person. 

He was on the field in front of everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah….   That’s what I expected.   For a couple of months now your approach toward me has changed.   I’d guess roughly 80 percent of your responses to me are the same confuse emoji, no matter what I write.  

And here’s how I know you’re not the least bit sincerely confused.    Because if you were confused, you’d follow up with a question as you do from time to time.   The rare exceptions.    But in most cases you don’t.   You’ve decided to be my personal troll.   You’re going to show me what it’s like to get negative emoji’s.   (Yeah, like you’re the only one!).  

You’re free to do whatever you like.   But if you’re going to be my troll, that means I’m not going to give a rip if/when you have a question for me.  You can go pound sand.  

I was going to make this post a private message to you.  But when I asked you what confused you about my post and you responded with yet another confused emoji,  that was the moment YOU made this personal.   You're a smart guy, but you’ve over played your hand. 

Im expecting another negative emoji in 3, 2, 1…….   

Hey NCF I was just yanking your chain trying to poke fun at you.

Clearly you were not amused by my antics and I think I went to far.

Please accept my apology.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Hey NCF I was just yanking your chain trying to poke fun at you.

Clearly you were not amused by my antics and I think I went to far.

Please accept my apology.

Apology accepted.   Gladly accepted.  I may be quick to anger but I also try to be quick to forgive.   It’s a healthier way to live.    

It’s in the past.   We can move forward.  Much appreciated.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

He was on the field in front of everyone. 

Fair enough good sir. I still think if and when he is around Colts fans again it won’t be a bad experience. Especially if Richardson and Steichen get us back into relevancy. 

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Fair enough good sir. I still think if and when he is around Colts fans again it won’t be a bad experience. Especially if Richardson and Steichen get us back into relevancy. 

You quoted your own post.   Lol.   Don't worry,  I have done it as well

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

For college football, not colts fans. Not the same 

There will be very few boo birds when he makes an official visit to the Luke to ring the bell or whatever.   Indy fans have class

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

There will be very few boo birds when he makes an official visit to the Luke to ring the bell or whatever.   Indy fans have class

Meh booing or not booing doesn’t have anything to do with class. It’s more situational depending 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Meh booing or not booing doesn’t have anything to do with class. It’s more situational depending 

No,  booing is pretty childish to be honest.  Never understood the practice.   Like,  if you had a bad day at work and everyone was just shoving thumbs down in your face,  telling you how much you suck.  Throwing tomatoes at you and the like.   Then you snap and say "I'm sorry,  it was my first brain surgery "  

49 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,  booing is pretty childish to be honest.  Never understood the practice.   Like,  if you had a bad day at work and everyone was just shoving thumbs down in your face,  telling you how much you suck.  Throwing tomatoes at you and the like.   Then you snap and say "I'm sorry,  it was my first brain surgery "  

Meh lots of things can be childish depending on the view point of the beholder. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So cheering is OK but booing isn't?   I disagree with that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

So cheering is OK but booing isn't?   I disagree with that.  

What is the point of booing at a home game?  Pretty dumb.   I've personally never booed as the away team runs into the stadium,  it also seems dumb.  But I at least get why people do it.   

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Meh lots of things can be childish depending on the view point of the beholder. 

As a grown person, booing is childish behavior.   You are literally booing a person you paid to see play.  Whether it's a home or away player.  My goodness,  I would hope your life was better than caring that much.   I've never booed in my life.   I'm there to have fun.   But you do you

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

As a grown person, booing is childish behavior.   You are literally booing a person you paid to see play.  Whether it's a home or away player.  My goodness,  I would hope your life was better than caring that much.   I've never booed in my life.   I'm there to have fun.   But you do you

They're called fanatics for a reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

you should be proud gordon ramsay GIF by MasterChef Junior

The rest of us will cheer or boo as we see fit , childish or not haha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:24 PM, jvan1973 said:

What is the point of booing at a home game?  Pretty dumb.   I've personally never booed as the away team runs into the stadium,  it also seems dumb.  But I at least get why people do it.   

I have boo'd at times.  Not often, but if the team is playing like crap or the refs are doing horribly, I will boo them.