Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Combine 2024

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

I’m with you on Mitchell or bust at 15. I like Arnold and he may end up being the better player but Mitchell is the perfect fit for us. If he’s not there pass on CB in the first round and go get BTJ. We can get Can Hart on Day 2:

Waiting for the 3-come but those are JuJu Brent’s numbers, and he’s also like the only corner who clamped MHJ. BTJ and then Hart round 2 is a great 1-2 punch.

I've been high on Cam Hart for a while now. He has 32 5/8 inch arms and is extremely athletic. I believe Cam can play Zone Coverage as well if I remember right. I had him as a 3rd round pick originally, but he may go in the late 2nd. Might be able to get him in a trade down to acquire more picks like JuJu last year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I've been high on Cam Hart for a while now. He has 32 5/8 inch arms and is extremely athletic. I believe Cam can play Zone Coverage as well if I remember right. I had him as a 3rd round pick originally, but he may go in the late 2nd. Might be able to get him in a trade down to acquire more picks like JuJu last year.

Like Cam as well.  He would be a solid pick and match our defense.

Have been trading back in Round 1 with the Bills.  Assumption gain their Round 2&3 picks.  One mock scenario we could draft SS Nubin if Blackmon walks then add  our typical corner in Round 2.  Also keep gravitating back to the soccer ball MLB with our original Round 2 pick. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Like Cam as well.  He would be a solid pick and match our defense.

Have been trading back in Round 1 with the Bills.  Assumption gain their Round 2&3 picks.  One mock scenario we could draft SS Nubin if Blackmon walks then add  our typical corner in Round 2.  Also keep gravitating back to the soccer ball MLB with our original Round 2 pick. 

I'll do a personal mock draft on the forum after the combine. I have some guys I'm targeting personally. Probably will do one without trades and one with trades later. Defense is a big target early though. 

16 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I'll do a personal mock draft on the forum after the combine. I have some guys I'm targeting personally. Probably will do one without trades and one with trades later. Defense is a big target early though. 

Round 3 liking edge Kneeland and DT Wingo

Round 4 RB Laube should be a good RB2 but we’ll need a ST returner

After today my list keeps updating and changing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

I love Kneeland. Had him in round 3 as well. He may rise to round 2 when it's all said and done. Peyton Wilson is a solid 2nd rounder as well for me now. I see him as the first LBer off the board now. 

I'm extremely curious how the WRs will do at the combine. There's probably 10 or more that could go in the first 50 picks.

53 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

48 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I love Kneeland. Had him in round 3 as well. He may rise to round 2 when it's all said and done. Peyton Wilson is a solid 2nd rounder as well for me now. I see him as the first LBer off the board now. 

I'm extremely curious how the WRs will do at the combine. There's probably 10 or more that could go in the first 50 picks.

We all must have some type of psychic link because I’ve also been taking Kneeland round 3 in my mocks lol. I love his game. Think he brings something to our edge rusher that we don’t already have in power and the ability to set a hard edge.

• Like 1

So far with what I’ve seen my ideal 3 round mock would be:

1. Brian Thomas Jr., WR LSU

2. Cam Hart, CB Notre Dame

3. Marshawn Kneeland, Edge WMU

Brian hasn’t tested yet, but the other 2 guys checked all my boxes. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I watched some Theo Johnson film earlier this week and have him as TE3. He reminds me of Mike Gesicki. Didn’t Jelani Woods also have a perfect 10 RAS?

This is who I want at TE, if we dont get Bowers. I think he would round out our TE room well.

30 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You just ruined my post combine draft lol. Seriously though, those were my exact first 3 picks I was thinking at this point lol.

• Like 1

I didn't even know the combine started until yesterday...... and then I still didn't watch. Lol

I used to watch with pad & pen to take notes and help with my mocks. 

Glad for everyone who still does and enjoys it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I watched some Theo Johnson film earlier this week and have him as TE3. He reminds me of Mike Gesicki. Didn’t Jelani Woods also have a perfect 10 RAS?

He did... until today... Haven't watched him... I will have to now with that impressive athletic showing. 

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think I’m at something like:

1. Byron Murphy or Jared Verse/Chop Robinson

2. Roman Wilson

3. Marshawn Kneeland/Mo Kamara or Mehki Wingo

Maybe:

1. Chop Robinson

2. Braden Fiske

3. Ricky Pearsall

• Like 1

The thing with all those players that don't want to test is... I wish they said so before the combine so they wouldn't take spots from other players, who actually want and need to show something to get drafted/get their stock up... 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

2. Roman Wilson

Maybe:

1. Chop Robinson

2. Braden Fiske

3. Ricky Pearsall

I think Roman Wilson is one of the most interesting prospects in this draft, because I’ve seen him projected as a 1st round pick but I’ve also seen him projected as a 3rd round pick. It seems there is a wide range of opinions on him. I really haven’t dug into him, so don’t know much. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Ballard talked about blocking TEs being the most difficult to find…

Tip Reiman MOVED that sled. 

Looks like Brevyn Spann-Ford could be available late. One scout described him as “a sixth offensive lineman”. Could be worth a 6 or 7 to fill that gap on the roster.

• Like 1

I missed the part with the Safeties yesterday.  Did anyone say why Tyler Nubin wasn't doing drills or anything?  My personal theory is that he, like Bryce Young last year, didn't want his shortcoming highlighted in comparison to the other players.  He may be the top pure Safety in the draft, but his speed is questionable.

I've had a bull's eye on him for a long time, but I'm beginning to question.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

He was doing most drills that I saw?

Not sure if there was a drill he didn't do?

He's not on the nfl.com listing for 40 time, 10 second split, high jump, etc.  Maybe he only did the drills?

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

He's not on the nfl.com listing for 40 time, 10 second split, high jump, etc.  Maybe he only did the drills?

Yeah maybe he didn't run the 40?

I could be wrong, but pretty sure I saw him in the drills.

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I think Roman Wilson is one of the most interesting prospects in this draft, because I’ve seen him projected as a 1st round pick but I’ve also seen him projected as a 3rd round pick. It seems there is a wide range of opinions on him. I really haven’t dug into him, so don’t know much. 

Don’t know if it is true, but a UM FB account quoted him saying at the combine “no block, no rock”. I already liked this kid, but if he truly said that he just became one of my faves in this draft.

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

2. Roman Wilson

Maybe:

1. Chop Robinson

2. Braden Fiske

3. Ricky Pearsall

Here are a few ideas:

1. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA

2. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan

3. Cole Bishop, S, Utah

1. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

2. Braden Fiske, DT, Florida St

3. Zak Zinter, IOL, Michigan

1. Brian Thomas, WR, LSU

2. Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota

3. Marshawn Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan

1. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

2. T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas

3. Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame

• Like 1

Well, folks.  I'm home.  The parking cluster @#$% downtown was unbearable.  I was having issues bringing up my QR code on my One Pass app.  Crowds of milling people.  And finally I was like, I can watch this from the comfort of my own couch.  Never mind.

Plus, also knowing that none of the top QB's nor top WR's were going to be part of it kinda poured ice water on my enthusiasm.

Will just watch on TV.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Well, folks.  I'm home.  The parking cluster @#$% downtown was unbearable.  I was having issues bringing up my QR code on my One Pass app.  Crowds of milling people.  And finally I was like, I can watch this from the comfort of my own couch.  Never mind.

Plus, also knowing that none of the top QB's nor top WR's were going to be part of it kinda poured ice water on my enthusiasm.

Will just watch on TV.

Mark my words players are going to refuse to do physical testing.  It's coming.  These guys are making a lot of money coming out of college.  They will tell the teams I'm not risking injury doing your dumb tests.  Look at my tape.  That should be good enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Mark my words players are going to refuse to do physical testing.  It's coming.  These guys are making a lot of money coming out of college.  They will tell the teams I'm not risking injury doing your dumb tests.  Look at my tape.  That should be good enough.

I agree.  They'll do it more and more.

UNTIL -- a top prospect drops out of the the first round simply because they refused to do any of the testing, any of the measurables.  They'll stop when it finally affects someone's income.  Until then, it'll only get worse.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If anything, it’ll become an event for small school and sleeper prospects. Basically a day 2-3 combine. Certain guys need the combine. Braden Fiske needed this and the Senior Bowl. Quinyon Mitchell needed the Senior Bowl and Combine. Khalil Mack doesn’t go top 5 out of Buffalo without the Combine.

We’ve also seen top players say they don’t need the combine and we find out why. Chase Young infamously said that he didn’t go to Indy to be a combine athlete and he still went number 2 overall, and it’s clear the Commanders regret that. Some of these prospects will start dropping when they refuse to work out.

35 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

He was on my radar early last year, when we had signs we may not be able to re-sign JT.

Same. I had him as my JT replacement when it seemed like they were going to trade him lol. Glad JT is back. We could lose Moss in FS so we do need to look for another solid backup. Benson is too good to be a backup, but I’d love to get a Ray Davis or Dylan Laube.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Isaac Guerendo 4.33. 😲

Guerendo is another player am interested in.   Clearly checking a lot of boxes as a RB1-2.  Great hands and now that speed will move him above Laube. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hark said:

Looks like Brevyn Spann-Ford could be available late. One scout described him as “a sixth offensive lineman”. Could be worth a 6 or 7 to fill that gap on the roster.

Spann-Ford should have came out last year.  Known as a good blocker and seen that when he moved the sled last night.  Still a dark horse pick with value late. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KB said:

This is who I want at TE, if we dont get Bowers. I think he would round out our TE room well.

See where NFL network compared him to Jimmy Graham.  Theo checking a lot of boxes for me as well this weekend.

• Like 1