Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Evans

Can you imagine having Pittman and Evans as our receivers? That would be awesome. Evans appears to be available. Not tagged, yet. I'm thinking he would cost minimum 20 mil. I don't know if Ballard would go that route.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, joeb said:

Can you imagine having Pittman and Evans as our receivers? That would be awesome. Evans appears to be available. Not tagged, yet. I'm thinking he would cost minimum 20 mil. I don't know if Ballard would go that route.

and we have Downs + we draft Bowers at TE, with Taylor at RB. AR at QB could just pick his poison. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, joeb said:

I’d love to have him, but I just can’t see Ballard spending $40M+ on two WRs.  

There are a bunch of WRs in this draft.   I’m not giving up on Pierce either.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joeb said:

Try 2 years $50 mil. guaranteed at least to get him here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yep, re-sign Pittman and get 1 WR through the draft, that is the direction the Colts most likely go, unless they take a Day 3 flier on a returner type WR with upside.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If Pittman signs an extension he won’t count $20 against the cap this year.  Could be under $10m actually.  Depends how it’s structured.  Cap wise it could be much lower than $40m for those two.

I would LOVE to have more talent at WR than we have today

I would ask...... who will be adding the much needed pressure to the opposing team?

This defense is ranked 24th, our offense is 15th 

IF we spend big $$$ on FA , I really hope that we use the limited bucket of $$ on a pass rusher and draft 2-3 (early round defensive players)

I think if we get one rookie WR and some help on defense (1 FA DE/ draft CB / draft FS / Draft LB, we will jump up a bit)

And with some health at QB, this team could win the AFC South

I wouldnt mind a vet like Mike Evans. He was close with Vincent Jackson before he passed like my brother-in-law was. I’d also like Ballard to bring home Scary Terry McLauren, but im sure Ballard will be too stubborn to bring in any wr help at all!

8 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

I wouldnt mind a vet like Mike Evans. He was close with Vincent Jackson before he passed like my brother-in-law was. I’d also like Ballard to bring home Scary Terry McLauren, but im sure Ballard will be too stubborn to bring in any wr help at all!

If we bring back Pittman and draft a WR I'd actually be fine with that. I'd rather spend big at other positions in FA. I want an elite S like McKinney. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

McLauren is not a free agent.  Wash has no incentive to trade him. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Rhodes, Gilmore, Autry, Houston, Ebukam.  When Ballard spends money on Free-Agents it is usually on the defense. 

Had we kept Gilmore, we would have won the division, but hindsight is hindsight unfortunately. He may of even made a 2 game difference, not a 1 game difference. We could have been 11-6 because our secondary would have been much stronger and it was our weak point all season. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had we kept Gilmore, we would have won the division, but hindsight is hindsight unfortunately. He may of even made a 2 game difference, not a 1 game difference. We could have been 11-6 because our secondary would have been much stronger and it was our weak point all season. 

Correction...............had Gilmore wanted to stay. 

21 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would LOVE to have more talent at WR than we have today

I would ask...... who will be adding the much needed pressure to the opposing team?

This defense is ranked 24th, our offense is 15th 

IF we spend big $$$ on FA , I really hope that we use the limited bucket of $$ on a pass rusher and draft 2-3 (early round defensive players)

I think if we get one rookie WR and some help on defense (1 FA DE/ draft CB / draft FS / Draft LB, we will jump up a bit)

And with some health at QB, this team could win the AFC South

One thing is becoming quite clear is that the Afc South will be one of the best in the Nfl.

2 hours ago, joeb said:

One thing is becoming quite clear is that the Afc South will be one of the best in the Nfl.

I absolutely agree

The Texans have a great QB and good coach

They also have a boatload of draft capitol from their QB they traded to Cleveland 

They will be a challenge

Edited by MikeCurtis

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 1:17 PM, runthepost said:

Evans is either staying in Tampa or going to Houston

You were right. I'm glad that Tampa re-signed him.

Are you participating in the Mock Draft this year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

You were right. I'm glad that Tampa re-signed him.

Are you participating in the Mock Draft this year?

I’m glad too because him and Stroud would be a dangerous combo. Yes I should be able to

• Like 1