Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exciting times ahead. Key dates to know for Colts fans (MERGE)

csmopar

9 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

“I do think we’ve got to get more consistently out of the free safety position,” Ballard said at his postseason press conference. “That’s not quite a knock, because they’re both young players.”

“Thomas had some good moments, Cross had some really good moments,” Ballard said. “But we need more consistent moments from that position.”

“One, it’s always tackling,” Ballard said. “When you’re a good tackling team, the first guy gets a guy down, and it eliminates a lot of (explosive plays) — yeah, he’s the eraser. The free safety is the eraser.”

Every year Ballard has been here and he talks about a weakness he fixes it. 

7 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Don't forget about Daniel Scott. There's a chance he will be decent.

One thing Ballard needs to stop doing is hoping a player will be good. Every time he does this it backfires. It’s time to go get a proven player. Stop hoping on the potential.  Ot at least go get a vet for some competition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One thing Ballard needs to stop doing is hoping a player will be good. Every time he does this it backfires. It’s time to go get a proven player. Stop hoping on the potential.  Ot at least go get a vet for some competition.

You need a vacation....every single draft pick that every GM makes is a crap shoot.  EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Even free agents don't come with a guarantee.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You need a vacation....every single draft pick that every GM makes is a crap shoot.  EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Even free agents don't come with a guarantee.

That isn’t what I am talking about. I am not talking about draft picks.  The year Autry left he goes I needed  to see these young guys play. It backfired. That is a really rude comment.  Go back to Ballards pressers over the years. He is always like I like what we have. He settles a little too much on players instead of trying to get better in certain spots.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Everyone on this forum has a .000 batting average in the NFL, unless they've coached or GMed in the NFL before and we are unaware of it. That includes me, you, and everyone else. So your appeal to authority is old here. Compare Ballard to the active GMs, and he's average at best if you include his drafting. He's accomplished nothing so far but 1 playoff win in 7 years when facing other professional GMs on other professional football teams. No division wins. A losing record. Most people are sick of it. If you aren't, then you aren't a fan whose motivation to watch the Colts is making the playoffs and winning the SB. 

WHAT????

13 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Is there a reason you have to be rude?

I'm not being rude, I am just stating the truth. You go absolutely crazy in the offseason and you go on and on and on about something and end up being wrong.   Saying that Ballard should be fired if he doesn't do something you want is this years example so far.   RELAX!!!!   He knows more than all of us!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard doesn’t have much time left if he continues to play the patient game. He has the QB now it’s time to actually go after a SB and be a little more aggressive. Instead of settling for good it’s time to get great.

GIF by The Office

Stressed Russell Tovey GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I'm not being rude, I am just stating the truth. You go absolutely crazy in the offseason and you go on and on and on about something and end up being wrong.   Saying that Ballard should be fired if he doesn't do something you want is this years example so far.   RELAX!!!!   He knows more than all of us!!!!

Ballard had one playoff win. He got a second chance. He doesn’t have much time left if he doesn’t turn things around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard had one playoff win. He got a second chance. He doesn’t have much time left if he doesn’t turn things around.

Sure that is a fair take.    But when you say this 

17 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Ballard goes into next season with cross as the safety and doesn’t at least bring a vet in for competition he should be fired.

Saw today Bucs are going to be tagging Winfield. No surprise there.

It's WAY over the top

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

but in your metric, he’s never spent money on cb1 either. And the Will doesn’t even have as much importance in Bradley’s system. The Will was the most important along with the 3 tech in eberflus defense, which is where Leonard thrived and why they brought buckner in. With that argument, they need to bring Burns or Allen in for Bradley’s Leo position. Do you see Ballard paying $30 million to replace Kwity Paye this season, or do you see him paying $10-13 to put a stud at a weak spot? Perhaps I’m wrong on safety, maybe he goes after someone like Snead that is versatile, but isn’t McKinney that guy too? He can play up, he can cover, he is an ideal free safety. 

I would love to have McKinney at safety too.  He would be my first choice.  That said the FA safety class is very deep.  There are a number of players who I think would be an upgrade and not cost as much as McKinney.  Two that come to mind are Jeremy Chinn and Jordan Fuller.  Both 27 years old I think.  Either one playing alongside Blackmon would be a nice combination.

Last year Ballard added two significant FA pickups.  Ebucam and Gay.  I’m hoping for four this year.  They are S, TE, WR, and LB.  Good players with upside that shouldn’t break the bank.  I’m thinking of players like Darnell Moody, Noah Fant, Jeremy Chinn and Patrick Queen.  Queen being the most expensive I would think.  All of those players would push for starting spots or even start.  Getting three of those players would upgrade the roster significantly I believe and address weaknesses in the roster.  For me those type of signings fit Ballard’s MO.  Not top tier and super expensive but good players young enough to be Colts for quite a few years and also upgrade positions of need.  FA is fun.  There are so many players out there and numerous paths to follow.  It will be interesting to see where Ballard winds up going when FA opens up.

3 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

WHAT????

2 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

The bolded is the appeal to authority I mean. Just because he knows more than us doesn't mean he's a good GM. That doesn't win the Colts games. He's not competing against the Colts forum members. He's competing against 31 other professional GMs and he has a losing record of 54-60-1 with no division titles and 1 playoff win in 7 years against them.

Fans may not know as much as Ballard, but it seems Ballard doesn't know as much as the other GMs in football (especially Veach and Lynch who took over the Chiefs and 49ers in 2017 (same year Ballard took over the Colts) and they were in the SB this year). Until Ballard changes his ways, then this team will not be competitive unless he hits in the draft at an astronomical rate. Hey though, he knows more than all of us, so we should feel good about that right? 

Too bad he doesn't know more than the other GMs. That would make me feel good. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I would love to have McKinney at safety too.  He would be my first choice.  That said the FA safety class is very deep.  There are a number of players who I think would be an upgrade and not cost as much as McKinney.  Two that come to mind are Jeremy Chinn and Jordan Fuller.  Both 27 years old I think.  Either one playing alongside Blackmon would be a nice combination.

Last year Ballard added two significant FA pickups.  Ebucam and Gay.  I’m hoping for four this year.  They are S, TE, WR, and LB.  Good players with upside that shouldn’t break the bank.  I’m thinking of players like Darnell Moody, Noah Fant, Jeremy Chinn and Patrick Queen.  Queen being the most expensive I would think.  All of those players would push for starting spots or even start.  Getting three of those players would upgrade the roster significantly I believe and address weaknesses in the roster.  For me those type of signings fit Ballard’s MO.  Not top tier and super expensive but good players young enough to be Colts for quite a few years and also upgrade positions of need.  FA is fun.  There are so many players out there and numerous paths to follow.  It will be interesting to see where Ballard winds up going when FA opens up.

I agree, but I also don’t believe players like McKinney are available very often. So if he is, and it appears he will be, he is the starting point. 

I think in terms of cost, it might depend on what the plan for Blackmon is. They may very well look to move on, although he played really well when healthy. He seems to be the right guy at strong safety, although they may feel that cross fits it longterm, just needed experience and more time to grasp the responsibilities. In either case, then free safety is the clear area to upgrade, in which case find the best player you can afford. That is my opinion. And if you are going to pay regardless, pay a little more for someone who can do it all. 

27 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I agree, but I also don’t believe players like McKinney are available very often. So if he is, and it appears he will be, he is the starting point. 

I think in terms of cost, it might depend on what the plan for Blackmon is. They may very well look to move on, although he played really well when healthy. He seems to be the right guy at strong safety, although they may feel that cross fits it longterm, just needed experience and more time to grasp the responsibilities. In either case, then free safety is the clear area to upgrade, in which case find the best player you can afford. That is my opinion. And if you are going to pay regardless, pay a little more for someone who can do it all. 

It's gotta be McKinney or draft I feel. You can't keep plugging holes at positions of need with JAGs hoping they'll out-play their contracts.

59 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It's gotta be McKinney or draft I feel. You can't keep plugging holes at positions of need with JAGs hoping they'll out-play their contracts.

This is what I don't know though.

I look at the Chiefs - invested in Bryan Cook for the safety position in 2022 draft in Round 2 from Cincinnati. As a rookie, he was instrumental in one of those tips on a ball thrown by Burrow to Tee Higgins for an INT in the 2022 AFCCG. Then, they invested in Chamarri Conner, Round 4 pick in 2023 draft. He saw playing time due to injuries to both Cook and Mike Edwards, who was a vet signed by the Bucs, and played well enough to maintain their high level.

To me, the fact that Ballard has invested enough in the safety position with Round 3 picks (they are quality ones) and not get as much results, could it be coaching? The Chiefs have not devoted more than a late Round 2 pick, which is as good as a 3rd rounder, IMO, for the position but are able to get good results despite playing man coverage a lot with single high. 

L'Jarius Sneed was a 4th rounder they developed into this monster of a CB. McDuffie however was a late first rounder. Both can be #1 CBs on most teams in the league, IMO. It has got to be coaching because they aren't doing too many things, defense wise and draft wise that we aren't doing. I am evaluating their secondary in a vacuum, it is not like Patrick Mahomes is lighting up the scoreboard this year, their secondary has been a big part of their success this year.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I look at the Chiefs - invested in Bryan Cook for the safety position in 2022 draft in Round 2 from Cincinnati. As a rookie, he was instrumental in one of those tips on a ball thrown by Burrow to Tee Higgins for an INT in the 2022 AFCCG. Then, they invested in Chamarri Conner, Round 4 pick in 2023 draft. He saw playing time due to injuries to both Cook and Mike Edwards, who was a vet signed by the Bucs, and played well enough to maintain their high level.

To me, the fact that Ballard has invested enough in the safety position with Round 3 picks (they are quality ones) and not get as much results, could it be coaching? The Chiefs have not devoted more than a late Round 2 pick, which is as good as a 3rd rounder, IMO, for the position but are able to get good results despite playing man coverage a lot with single high. 

L'Jarius Sneed was a 4th rounder they developed into this monster of a CB. McDuffie however was a late first rounder. Both can be #1 CBs on most teams in the league, IMO. It has got to be coaching because they aren't doing too many things, defense wise and draft wise that we aren't doing. I am evaluating their secondary in a vacuum, it is not like Patrick Mahomes is lighting up the scoreboard this year, their secondary has been a big part of their success this year.

I think that's what Ballard hopes it is. I think he kinda needs it to be. Same with the Dline. He's sunk too many picks into the Dline to not get better production at this point and if it's not coaching it's his player evaluation...

The Chiefs aren't drafting the same players we are, though. It CAN be something besides coaching - but I'm not saying it is at this point. The coaching change is clearly an attempt to get more from what we have. We'll see if there's improvement this season. If Ballard doesn't add talent and the coaching change doesn't help though Ballard's seat will be red hot in 2025.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I think it could be both scouting and coaching. I don't know if the Chiefs have a version of "with the next pick" that shows an in-depth look at their scouting department and strategies for the draft, but I'm assuming their secondary scouts are much better than ours. Steve Spagnuolo is also a much better defensive coordinator than Gus Bradley. That goes without saying. 

19 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I think it could be both scouting and coaching. I don't know if the Chiefs have a version of "with the next pick" that shows an in-depth look at their scouting department and strategies for the draft, but I'm assuming their secondary scouts are much better than ours. Steve Spagnuolo is also a much better defensive coordinator than Gus Bradley. That goes without saying. 

Schemes are different too, based on the strengths of the personnel. When Spags, with his front four containing Chris Jones, couldn't get through to Brock Purdy in the first half as much in the SB, up went the man coverages and up went the blitzing. Spags adapts and changes things faster, it is not a co-incidence they were the best second half defense in the NFL. He also referred to his defensive group as the highest IQ group he has worked with in all his years as a Chief. Thus, they are able to handle different stuff thrown at them week to week, a big advantage the Patriots had during their initial 3 SBs in 4 years run where the players like Seymour, McGinnest, Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Vrabel, Bruschi, Wilfork etc. could adapt fast and be ready for different schemes/fronts fast.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Schemes are different too, based on the strengths of the personnel. When Spags, with his front four containing Chris Jones, couldn't get through to Brock Purdy in the first half as much in the SB, up went the man coverages and up went the blitzing. Spags adapts and changes things faster, it is not a co-incidence they were the best second half defense in the NFL. He also referred to his defensive group as the highest IQ group he has worked with in all his years as a Chief. Thus, they are able to handle different stuff thrown at them week to week, a big advantage the Patriots had during their initial 3 SBs in 4 years run where the players like Seymour, McGinnest, Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Vrabel, Bruschi, Wilfork etc. could adapt fast and be ready for different schemes/fronts fast.

Yeah, I agree with this. I also believe that Kelce getting aggressive with Andy Reid may have sparked the Chiefs as they were getting shut out at that point and Reid made some adjustments. I've never seen KC have this good of a defense though. Spags did an amazing job with them, and the adjustments were as good as Belichick made (since you mentioned the Pats). Mahomes didn't have an amazing year on offense in all honestly. The defense kept him in games. I saw a stat earlier in the year where they were either undefeated or only lost one game when allowing less than 24 points (I think they allowed 27 once). Mahomes is a great QB, but he didn't have to be this year. The defense stifled all the top offenses in the NFL. 

McDuffie and Sneed are two shutdown corners. WRs had a lot of trouble Vs them. Solid pressure on the front 7 as well. It's amazing when you consider how late they draft every year. I wish Ballard would consider adding a secondary scout from KC that was responsible for adding Sneed and McDuffie. 

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I think that's what Ballard hopes it is. I think he kinda needs it to be. Same with the Dline. He's sunk too many picks into the Dline to not get better production at this point and if it's not coaching it's his player evaluation...

The Chiefs aren't drafting the same players we are, though. It CAN be something besides coaching - but I'm not saying it is at this point. The coaching change is clearly an attempt to get more from what we have. We'll see if there's improvement this season. If Ballard doesn't add talent and the coaching change doesn't help though Ballard's seat will be red hot in 2025.

“If Ballard doesn’t add talent…”

When has that ever happened?   Some years are better than others, but the man adds talent. 

“And if the coaching change doesn’t help…”.  

After a great first year, why should you be at all concerned that Steichen’s influence won’t help?    

I don’t know why you’re shoveling all this worry and negative viewpoints?   

23 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I agree with this. I also believe that Kelce getting aggressive with Andy Reid may have sparked the Chiefs as they were getting shut out at that point and Reid made some adjustments. I've never seen KC have this good of a defense though. Spags did an amazing job with them, and the adjustments were as good as Belichick made (since you mentioned the Pats). Mahomes didn't have an amazing year on offense in all honestly. The defense kept him in games. I saw a stat earlier in the year where they were either undefeated or only lost one game when allowing less than 24 points (I think they allowed 27 once). Mahomes is a great QB, but he didn't have to be this year. The defense stifled all the top offenses in the NFL. 

McDuffie and Sneed are two shutdown corners. WRs had a lot of trouble Vs them. Solid pressure on the front 7 as well. It's amazing when you consider how late they draft every year. I wish Ballard would consider adding a secondary scout from KC that was responsible for adding Sneed and McDuffie. 

The only thing that it changed was that Kelce got more looks and went from 1 catch for 1 yard before the half to 9 catches for 92 yards the rest of the way. :) 

Forgotten is their LB play. Their LBs Nick Bolton and Willie Gay are good blitzers and stay with boot legs and rollouts well enough that Purdy with pressure in his face can barely get 5 yards off his throw after the pass catcher gets tackled. When 1-on-1 Purdy once outran Nick Bolton for a horse collar penalty, so Spags changed it to a safety Reid instead of putting an LB on Purdy realizing Purdy has got some wheels. You couldn't help but notice the quick adjustment. Plus, the angles an OLB takes also matter. Sam Hubbard of the Bengals on the surface may not be fast in a straight line but he takes very good angles and hence Lou Anurumo used that DE/OLB as a Mahomes spy and played contain in that 2021 AFCCG where the Bengals beat the Chiefs.

The biggest difference now is that Mahomes and The Chiefs are dinking and dunking like Brady and The Patriots and it is not a deep to shallow level passing game like before, more shallow to deep levels that gives DCs fits because Mahomes' decision making, since he was forced to grow after Tyreek Hill left, has improved. It doesn't help he has a D like the Patriots in those early SB years either. 

• Like 2

I was thinking about Moe Allie Cox’s cap situation.  He currently counts at almost $6m against the cap.  PFF thinks he could be a cap casualty.  With Ogletree’s spot on the team up in the air and Woods situation also not the most assuring I was thinking the Colts might ask him to take a pay cut and keep him.  He might be receptive to that instead of going out in the market and taking a lesser amount with a different team.  He has certainly made contributions in the red zone and as a blocking tight end.  Taking a pay cut might make sense all the way around.  Just a thought that I think has merit.

45 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When has that ever happened?   Some years are better than others, but the man adds talent. 

After a great first year, why should you be at all concerned that Steichen’s influence won’t help?    

I think if Ballard doesn't add talent, it can be fairly interpreted as if Ballard doesn't add enough talent. The NFL Draft kinda forces every GM to add talent, doesn't it? 

Aren't you the guy who thought that at that end of last offseason Ballard had left such obvious holes in the roster that it was apparent the team was tanking? 

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When I say talent I mean actual difference makers, not JAGs. 

I wasn’t talking about Steichen. I was talking about the new DL coach and Secondary coach as that was the conversation. 

Why do you say I’m shovelling worry, when our pass rush has been subpar for years and our secondary has been aswell? Do think it’s unreasonable to question whether any of the talent, the coaching or the GM is getting it done at this point?

These things have been topics since I started posting here and it still is. I don’t understand how you don’t think that’s a concern. 

I was thinking about Moe Allie Cox’s cap situation.  He currently counts at almost $6m against the cap.  PFF thinks he could be a cap casualty.  With Ogletree’s spot on the team up in the air and Woods situation also not the most assuring I was thinking the Colts might ask him to take a pay cut and keep him.  He might be receptive to that instead of going out in the market and taking a lesser amount with a different team.  He has certainly made contributions in the red zone and as a blocking tight end.  Taking a pay cut might make sense all the way around.  Just a thought that I think has merit.

6 million is cheap. He doesn’t need to take a pay cut. Richardson uses TE more too so maybe he will have a bigger role. But he could be cut after the draft if colts took bowers.

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

6 million is cheap. He doesn’t need to take a pay cut. Richardson uses TE more too so maybe he will have a bigger role. But he could be cut after the draft if colts took bowers.

We’ll see

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

6 million is cheap. He doesn’t need to take a pay cut.

He gets a catch a game on average (not even that). 13 catches for 161 yards and 3 tds last season. He's also older now with 0 upside. A pay cut is fair. We have other TEs that have potential.

5 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

He gets a catch a game on average (not even that). 13 catches for 161 yards and 3 tds last season. He's also older now with 0 upside. A pay cut is fair. We have other TEs that have potential.

Ogletree probably will never be back. Woods just missed the entire season. Granson is a Jag. Like I said Cox might get more targets once Richardson is back. We might also draft bowers and that then could make Cox expendable. We will see. I just don’t think right now cox needs to take a pay cut. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ogletree probably will never be back. Woods just missed the entire season. Granson is a Jag. Like I said Cox might get more targets once Richardson is back. We might also draft bowers and that then could make Cox expendable. We will see. I just don’t think right now cox needs to take a pay cut. 

Bowers might fall to 15. I see a lot of landmines where he can go before us. Chargers, Titans, and Broncos are the biggest 3 IMO.  Ogletree may not be back, I agree there. Woods injury shouldn't affect him in 2024. I think he'll be fine. Granson is a JAG, but he's a younger JAG than MAC. MAC is worth maybe half of what he gets. I'd try to give him a paycut down to 3-4 million. Even if we cut him, it would have little effect on the Colts. 

9 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Bowers might fall to 15. I see a lot of landmines where he can go before us. Chargers, Titans, and Broncos are the biggest 3 IMO.  Ogletree may not be back, I agree there. Woods injury shouldn't affect him in 2024. I think he'll be fine. Granson is a JAG, but he's a younger JAG than MAC. MAC is worth maybe half of what he gets. I'd try to give him a paycut down to 3-4 million. Even if we cut him, it would have little effect on the Colts. 

If push came to shove I can see him taking a pay cut to stay with the Colts and not moving.  Staying with his teammates and remaining in the organization could mean a lot to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

FWIW:   At $6 million per that made MAC one of the top-12 paid players on the Colts 2023 roster.   Do you still think he’s cheap?  

22 hours ago, Solid84 said:

My arguement is: It has never happened, but it HAS to happen. He has to do one of the two.

If Ballard thinks he can keep relying on 4th-7th rounders who need 3-4 years of coaching to be below average-good we’re going nowhere as we have been. We need gamechangers not more JAGs. 

At the end of season presser Ballard talked about biases and identifying them to ultimately make better decisions. This is an example of that. 

I’m not certain I understand ANY of this.   I don’t see why you think your view HAS to happen.    From my view, it doesn’t.  

To me, you think this roster is bad.  I disagree.   Our problems stem because we haven’t gotten the QB right.  For example, had Wentz worked out we’d have been in the playoffs in 21, 22, and 23.   

I don’t understand your comment about relying on R’s 4-7.  Huh?   What do you think he’s doing with R’s 1-3?   No mention of them.   Every GM does less well in R’s 4-7.   The odds of success drop with every round.  GM’s find fewer game changers in R 4-7.  He’s not drafting JAGS deliberately.  I’d guess Ballard has done as well on Day 3 as any other GM.   

Sorry, I don’t find anything to agree with here.   Wish it wasn’t so. 

22 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

but in your metric, he’s never spent money on cb1 either. And the Will doesn’t even have as much importance in Bradley’s system. The Will was the most important along with the 3 tech in eberflus defense, which is where Leonard thrived and why they brought buckner in. With that argument, they need to bring Burns or Allen in for Bradley’s Leo position. Do you see Ballard paying $30 million to replace Kwity Paye this season, or do you see him paying $10-13 to put a stud at a weak spot? Perhaps I’m wrong on safety, maybe he goes after someone like Snead that is versatile, but isn’t McKinney that guy too? He can play up, he can cover, he is an ideal free safety. 

He paid Gilmore 2/20.   He paid Desir 3/22.   He didn’t have to pay big money to Rock.  He’s paid Moore as the top nickel corner in the NFL (4/33) who can also play wide.  

In previous posts I’ve demonstrated by his actions that Ballard doesn’t value safety as much as other spots on defense, so I don’t see him spending big money there.  Two years ago he signed Mcloud to a 1.7 mill contract (don’t know about bonuses?) And he gave the Colts a great year.   Ballard’s actions, his history,  say he’s not signing a safety to a big contract. 

22 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

And yet he talked pretty extensively about the free safety position in the post season presser… Doesn’t seem his late 3rd and 7th round safeties were consistent like they want and NEED. 

it wasn’t acceptable. Maybe in your worlds and looking at Nick cross’ pff numbers, but he’s still very raw. 

perhaps we aren’t looking at this right. Maybe they don’t bring Blackmon back, and that justifies looking at expensive options. He likes Blackmon and while I would prefer him to be back, his injuries might keep it from happening. 

I find myself using an expression more this year than any other….  And I really do hate it….  

“I suppose anything is possible.”

Im just not sure how likely all that is.  But I think we’ll have a better idea after the first wave or two of free agency.