Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exciting times ahead. Key dates to know for Colts fans (MERGE)

csmopar

23 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Less than 72 hours to the start of FA and we have not yet signed one of our own.  Hmmm.

Now it’s less than 48 hours to the start of FA and we still have not yet signed one of our own.   Getting closer.

22 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Now it’s less than 48 hours to the start of FA and we still have not yet signed one of our own.   Getting closer.

I guess we have deals with just Pittman and Kenny Moore. I'm starting to think maybe Ballard and the agents have different views on the market. Maybe the agents are looking at the added cap space and the Colts are looking at the fact that many positions are really deep this year , plus quite a few teams were in "cap hell."  Could be that they are far apart on players like Lewis and Sanchez . Those 2 along with Blackmon and Stewart are the ones that appear to be worth resigning. 

So consider Blackmon and Stewart ....

Blackmon has been pretty good in his 4 years but could be considered injury prone. Plus there  are an unbelievable number of good Safety options in this year's FA class. Makes sense that there is no agreement there .

Stewart ... he's probably looking to get a 3 year deal at around 33 mill. Could be that the Colts want a 2 year deal or at the vey least a contract with guarantees that allow them to walk in year 3 with little cap implications . I have no idea on Lewis .

This said  which could be full of poop , I would think Sanchez should be an easy signing that at most will require him to hit free agency and test the market. Stewart and Blackmon could be a little tricky. If I had to guess , we sign Stewart and Sanchez and Blackmon walks. I haven't a clue on Lewis.

23 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Now it’s less than 24 hours to the start of FA and we still have not yet signed one of our own.   Tick tock tick tock.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

I guess we have deals with just Pittman and Kenny Moore. I'm starting to think maybe Ballard and the agents have different views on the market. Maybe the agents are looking at the added cap space and the Colts are looking at the fact that many positions are really deep this year , plus quite a few teams were in "cap hell."  Could be that they are far apart on players like Lewis and Sanchez . Those 2 along with Blackmon and Stewart are the ones that appear to be worth resigning. 

So consider Blackmon and Stewart ....

Blackmon has been pretty good in his 4 years but could be considered injury prone. Plus there  are an unbelievable number of good Safety options in this year's FA class. Makes sense that there is no agreement there .

Stewart ... he's probably looking to get a 3 year deal at around 33 mill. Could be that the Colts want a 2 year deal or at the vey least a contract with guarantees that allow them to walk in year 3 with little cap implications . I have no idea on Lewis .

This said  which could be full of poop , I would think Sanchez should be an easy signing that at most will require him to hit free agency and test the market. Stewart and Blackmon could be a little tricky. If I had to guess , we sign Stewart and Sanchez and Blackmon walks. I haven't a clue on Lewis.

Just read where Fletcher Cox is retiring.  The Eagles could be all over Grover come Monday.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Can’t wait until tomorrow.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Still hoping for you to drop a Chloe bomb on us today with some surprise news. We'll be waiting, don't take your time.

• Like 2