Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exciting times ahead. Key dates to know for Colts fans (MERGE)

csmopar

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Sure, but times are changing for Ballard. If he keeps waiting the only thing he’ll find at the end is his pink slip. If he can’t feel the seat getting hot, that his own mistake. 

He himself said they need to limit explosive plays on defensive. How do you expect to do that if you don’t bring in talent who can?

The only thing Ballard has drafted high (excluding 2017) is trenches and QB. Besides that he’s traded it for Buck (trenches) or traded back.

I’m not saying he’ll draft a guy high (day 1 or early day 2), but if he doesn’t he needs to make a move in FA - and that’s not bring in another JAG on a one year deal. 

Im not even clear what you’re arguing?  

I’ve demonstrated by his actions that Ballard doesn’t believe in using high picks for safety or sign one to an expensive FA contract.   

As you’re probably aware, a popular wish among some posters is signing safety Xavier McKinney to a contract of 4/40.   It has never happened and I’d be beyond shocked if it happened this year, hot seat or not.  Ballard has never even signed a corner to a contract like that so I don’t see him signing a safety to a deal like that.  

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ve demonstrated by his actions that Ballard doesn’t believe in using high picks for safety or sign one to an expensive FA contract.   

As you’re probably aware, a popular wish among some posters is signing safety Xavier McKinney to a contract of 4/40.   It has never happened and I’d be beyond shocked if it happened this year, hot seat or not.  Ballard has never even signed a corner to a contract like that so I don’t see him signing a safety to a deal like that.  

He’s arguing that using precedent might not be a good basis due to times changing for Ballard. And I agree. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

you would be shocked… but would you be happy? 

because I would… 

13 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Ballard goes into next season with cross as the safety and doesn’t at least bring a vet in for competition he should be fired.

Saw today Bucs are going to be tagging Winfield. No surprise there.

“Ballard should be fired.”  

You’re always all over the map on Ballard.  He may bring in a vet safety, but it’s more likely someone like Rodney McCloud who played great for the Colts in 2022 than it would be Xavier McKinney who is the current flavor of the month for some posters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

you would be shocked… but would you be happy? 

because I would… 

Not only would I not be happy, I’d be horrified.    A contract of 4/40 on a FA safety?!?    No.   Heck no. 

Ballard has said he and Steichen see things the same way.   If that holds, I see the chances of signing a FA safety to a 4/40 deal at almost zero. 

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Ballard should be fired.”  

You’re always all over the map on Ballard.  He may bring in a vet safety, but it’s more likely someone like Rodney McCloud who played great for the Colts in 2022 than it would be Xavier McKinney who is the current flavor of the month for some posters. 

Do you want to win a SB. It’s time to get off his butt and actually do things to take advantage of Richardsons rookie contract. We have all been patient long enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you want to win a SB. It’s time to get off his butt and actually do things to take advantage of Richardsons rookie contract. We have all been patient long enough.

Don't you think Ballard would like more success?  

Posters here need to stop thinking they know more about what the Colts should do than Ballard.   And if he doesn’t do what they want they need to get over it.  

No GM should be making decisions based on what the fan base thinks he should do. Even the worst GM knows more than the fan base. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Posters here need to stop thinking they know more about what the Colts should do than Ballard.   And if he doesn’t do what they want they need to get over it.  

No GM should be making decisions based on what the fan base thinks he should do. Even the worst GM knows more than the fan base. 

There is no need to argue with someone that has a zero batting average when it comes to FA or the draft.    Especially the draft!!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

eating popcorn GIF by State Champs

52 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah I am sure Ballard has been actively trying NOT to win Super Bowls like this implies.  I am sure he also hasn’t planned at all to take advantage of Richardson’s rookie contract like this post implies.  You asked the other day why I tell you to stop over reacting.  It’s because of posts like these.  

Also we don’t really have a choice rather to be patient or not.  We don’t get a say in terms of the Colts do business.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

To me it seems obvious what Ballard is going to do. He saw the big weaknesses just like we did. When it’s obvious he always goes out and fixes it usually in FA. There is no reason to co tinge to argue like you’re the only right one.This is a message board where we share our thoughts. Agree or disagree. You seem to get offended when someone thinks different than you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I am sure Ballard has been actively trying NOT to win Super Bowls like this implies.  I am sure he also hasn’t planned at all to take advantage of Richardson’s rookie contract like this post implies.  You asked the other day why I tell you to stop over reacting.  It’s because of posts like these.  

Also we don’t really have a choice rather to be patient or not.  We don’t get a say in terms of the Colts do business.  

Then why do we have this board if we can’t share what we are thinking. Come on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

There is no need to argue with someone that has a zero batting average when it comes to FA or the draft.    Especially the draft!!

Everyone on this forum has a .000 batting average in the NFL, unless they've coached or GMed in the NFL before and we are unaware of it. That includes me, you, and everyone else. So your appeal to authority is old here. Compare Ballard to the active GMs, and he's average at best if you include his drafting. He's accomplished nothing so far but 1 playoff win in 7 years when facing other professional GMs on other professional football teams. No division wins. A losing record. Most people are sick of it. If you aren't, then you aren't a fan whose motivation to watch the Colts is making the playoffs and winning the SB. 

• Like 2

It's pretty much the same for me though. It's going to be a pain watching FA for the Colts specifically because you can't count on Ballard improving the team through FA much. Even in a situation like this where Richardson is under a rookie contract, I don't trust Ballard to spend a little to build around him. Hope to be wrong. 

The draft is where it is fun to watch as a Colts fan. Ballard usually gets athletes with a high RAS score and they hit decently or they can miss pretty badly. It seems though there's a lot of injury busts and that's been unfortunate. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not only would I not be happy, I’d be horrified.    A contract of 4/40 on a FA safety?!?    No.   Heck no. 

Ballard has said he and Steichen see things the same way.   If that holds, I see the chances of signing a FA safety to a 4/40 deal at almost zero. 

$10 mil a year for a playmaker that elevates the defense at a weak spot doesn’t seem too awful bad to me. Idk, maybe I’m wrong. 

i find this to be ironic considering what you posted two seconds prior to this… ^^

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

It's pretty much the same for me though. It's going to be a pain watching FA for the Colts specifically because you can't count on Ballard improving the team through FA much. Even in a situation like this where Richardson is under a rookie contract, I don't trust Ballard to spend a little to build around him. Hope to be wrong. 

The draft is where it is fun to watch as a Colts fan. Ballard usually gets athletes with a high RAS score and they hit decently or they can miss pretty badly. It seems though there's a lot of injury busts and that's been unfortunate. 

I’m an eternal optimist, so maybe I’m the one that should be altering my opinion. However, I’ve long held the opinion that it’s hard to be aggressive in free agency without qb stability. Especially with players that not only want paid, but to go to a team that they know who will likely be qb going forward. It’s hard to say Ballard will be the same old Ballard we have grown to know over the years because he’s in a new position. We know who our qb is. That’s a change from the last few years at this stage of the year. He has a new coach that more than proved himself in his rookie year. He has cap space and the ability to play with it. And he’s stated that they have flexibility to be aggressive. That’s a totally different talking point that we have yet to hear from him. He’s been pretty good (or bad- depends on how you view it) at showing his hand before the offseason thus far. He seems to always do exactly what he says he’s going to do. I think he nailed last offseason, aside from the unfortunate injury to AR. I expect a totally different approach than what we’ve seen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I expect a totally different approach than what we’ve seen

Qb excitement/stability (aside from injury, our week 1 starter will be the same for the first time in Ballard’s career. Correct?) 

New coach/stability 

Capspace/ability to be aggressive 

Team that was a play away from winning division with a backup. 

if there were ever a year or few years to have a good shot at bringing some talented free agents to Indianapolis, this is the window… I’m not saying a Super Bowl window, but a window to be aggressive to put the best product we can on the field. To me, it starts at free safety and an explosive receiver to pair with Pittman. That means receiver in the draft and to bring one of what looks like a few options in free agency at safety. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’m an eternal optimist, so maybe I’m the one that should be altering my opinion. However, I’ve long held the opinion that it’s hard to be aggressive in free agency without qb stability. Especially with players that not only want paid, but to go to a team that they know who will likely be qb going forward. It’s hard to say Ballard will be the same old Ballard we have grown to know over the years because he’s in a new position. We know who our qb is. That’s a change from the last few years at this stage of the year. He has a new coach that more than proved himself in his rookie year. He has cap space and the ability to play with it. And he’s stated that they have flexibility to be aggressive. That’s a totally different talking point that we have yet to hear from him. He’s been pretty good (or bad- depends on how you view it) at showing his hand before the offseason thus far. He seems to always do exactly what he says he’s going to do. I think he nailed last offseason, aside from the unfortunate injury to AR. I expect a totally different approach than what we’ve seen. 

In theory, we are in the best position we've been in since 2018 because of the combination of the overall team and finally having Richardson under a rookie contract. So there's no excuses for not spending in FA on a top player or two. We realistically should have playoff expectations now or at least should be building the team like it. Ballard said he'd be more aggressive, so that's something. He doesn't always say that. 

I admit I'm getting impatient. Some of it is Ballards fault, some of it isn't. I'm tired of key injuries that end our season and any hope before it gets started, I'm tired of Ballards conservative GMing, I'm tired of the drama from the owner down to the players that puts this team in a bad light. If we win, it's not a big deal. However, two of the last 3 years, we choked by one game, so it is a big deal. 

I want to win now. Not only do I want to win now, but I want a fair chance at winning without the injuries that affect us more negatively than other teams. I felt not firing Gus Bradley was a horrible move, and it's going to set the defense back. Seems like the same thing all over again when Reich kept his coaches when they stunk, now Steichen is doing the same with his buddy. 

Hard to be optimistic for me. It's a "I'll believe it when I see it" thing now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

To me it seems obvious what Ballard is going to do. He saw the big weaknesses just like we did. When it’s obvious he always goes out and fixes it usually in FA. There is no reason to co tinge to argue like you’re the only right one.This is a message board where we share our thoughts. Agree or disagree. You seem to get offended when someone thinks different than you. 

I have no idea what you’re talking about? 

47 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

$10 mil a year for a playmaker that elevates the defense at a weak spot doesn’t seem too awful bad to me. Idk, maybe I’m wrong. 

i find this to be ironic considering what you posted two seconds prior to this… ^^

I’m not bothered by $10 mill a year.   I’m really bothered by 10 mill a year for FOUR YEARS.    Something he’s never done for a corner, much less a safety.   You’re being too clever by half. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not bothered by $10 mill a year.   I’m really bothered by 10 mill a year for FOUR YEARS.    Something he’s never done for a corner, much less a safety.   You’re being too clever by half. 

I don’t know why it’s a big deal in your eyes. $10 mil 4 years from now will be a discount, if he produces like he has on a bad team. Hes 24 years old…

He’s more likely to get more like 12 or 13 btw..  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Generally, for FAs, I like to decide if I'd pay market price by how good the draft is at that position if I need one. Safeties are bad in the 2024 class. I don't see one I'd feel comfortable taking in the first 2 rounds if I were Ballard. Someone like McKinney would be worth it IMO for the same reason the RB position would be to another team. Great in FA, bad in the draft.

I guarantee that's a strategy that teams use as a tiebreaker to decide which positions to sign in FA and which to draft. 

10 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Generally, for FAs, I like to decide if I'd pay market price by how good the draft is at that position if I need one. Safeties are bad in the 2024 class. I don't see one I'd feel comfortable taking in the first 2 rounds if I were Ballard. Someone like McKinney would be worth it IMO for the same reason the RB position would be to another team. Great in FA, bad in the draft.

I guarantee that's a strategy that teams use as a tiebreaker to decide which positions to sign in FA and which to draft. 

I don’t know how much of this thread you’ve read?   But I did some digging and posted all the safeties Ballard has drafted, plus noted that he’s never spent big money on a safety.    

Ballard has never done what you and others are proposing.  Not even close.   Ballard has clearly never valued safety in the way some posters here do.  He believes the position can be filled with middle round draft picks and modestly signed free agents.   Corner is a more important position and the most he’s ever done is give Gilmore 2/20.   I don’t see Ballard changing his way this off-season.  It’s possible, but I don’t think it’s very likely. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don’t know why it’s a big deal in your eyes. $10 mil 4 years from now will be a discount, if he produces like he has on a bad team. Hes 24 years old…

He’s more likely to get more like 12 or 13 btw..  

He's more likely to get 12 or 13 from another team.  Yes, but I don’t see McKinney getting it from Ballard.  Just being clear, not argumentative. 

It would be a big deal because Ballard has conducted his business in a certain way since he became GM.   And he’s never done what you and some others propose.  A change would be a red flag to me.  He’d be changing a foundational belief.   That would concern me.   And I don’t see the need that you do. 

This is part of a bigger discussion.  I just didn’t want to write too much in this post. 

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's more likely to get 12 or 13 from another team.  Yes, but I don’t see McKinney getting it from Ballard.

that’s fair. 

It would be a big deal because Ballard has conducted his business in a certain way since he became GM.   And he’s never done what you and some others propose.  A change would be a red flag to me.  He’d be changing a foundational belief.   That would concern me.

it would be a big deal like him drafting a qb, which was a fundamental change that he acted on last offseason. And I’m not sure what his foundational belief is regarding safety. I think his hope was to draft mid round safeties and develop them into superstars. Are you suggesting his belief is that safeties aren’t worth the money because that hasn’t happened? Because my belief on it is that he hasnt had any turn into $13 mil/year players. His foundational belief is to draft/develop/retain your own. But if they don’t turn into those players (hooker injuries/scheme, Willis early retirement, etc) how do we really know what his belief is regarding the safety position? Very few safeties draft first round. But several safeties command $12 plus million. that’s a top 10 market. I cannot fathom that he wouldn’t add a top 10 player at a position that is weak. The defense lacks playmakers like it’s had. They are trying to develop them at corner, and he’s stated as such. Cross and Blackmon are too similar at strong safety without ability to play wherever you need them. Somebody like McKinney can play anywhere, at a top level. He immediately improves the defense, imo. 

And I don’t see the need that you do. 

I would hope that would be the case considering how strongly you feel about sticking with the status quo. Where do you feel the need is most important on the defensive side of the ball? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know how much of this thread you’ve read?   But I did some digging and posted all the safeties Ballard has drafted, plus noted that he’s never spent big money on a safety.    

Ballard has never done what you and others are proposing.  Not even close.   Ballard has clearly never valued safety in the way some posters here do.  He believes the position can be filled with middle round draft picks and modestly signed free agents.   Corner is a more important position and the most he’s ever done is give Gilmore 2/20.   I don’t see Ballard changing his way this off-season.  It’s possible, but I don’t think it’s very likely. 

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. Ballard may love this safety class because of all the mid-round options and the fact that he likes to trade down. It might encourage him to take a safety in the 4th round or so. 

I just think we need a starter if Blackmon is not re-signed. Not sure we have one besides Cross. Daniel Scott has potential and Ballard said good things about him, but he's coming off an ACL tear. Don't trust Rodney Thomas much. With the way the draft is looking with safeties right now (it could change), I don't see any definite starters for us. Free Agency seems like a much better option. Not really a fan of having three day 3 safeties (potentially if we draft one along with Scott and Thomas) competing for the starting job. I'd like either a veteran in there as an option, or a solid FA in there.

9 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. Ballard may love this safety class because of all the mid-round options and the fact that he likes to trade down. It might encourage him to take a safety in the 4th round or so. 

I just think we need a starter if Blackmon is not re-signed. Not sure we have one besides Cross. Daniel Scott has potential and Ballard said good things about him, but he's coming off an ACL tear. Don't trust Rodney Thomas much. With the way the draft is looking with safeties right now (it could change), I don't see any definite starters for us. Free Agency seems like a much better option. Not really a fan of having three day 3 safeties (potentially if we draft one along with Scott and Thomas) competing for the starting job. I'd like either a veteran in there as an option, or a solid FA in there.

… he is not going younger at safety. Or corner. I don’t think he’s looking to upgrade at corner, based on his comments. Last year was the taking the lumps year at corner. Super young, flowers injury, Rodgers suspension/waived. It wasn’t what was expected, but not entirely unexpected either. They went young with two rookies playing a lot, which he thinks will be a good thing going forward. I think he adds depth/competition with a lower cost veteran. And I think he looks to upgrade the safety position. I see Blackmon/Cross, FA/Scott. Scott ran a 4.45 40, which makes him a very capable free safety. I think his return pushes Thomas to be depth or gone altogether (he’s under contract for 2 years at around $1 mil. But they will not go young at safety again, imo. 

• Like 3

“I do think we’ve got to get more consistently out of the free safety position,” Ballard said at his postseason press conference. “That’s not quite a knock, because they’re both young players.”

“Thomas had some good moments, Cross had some really good moments,” Ballard said. “But we need more consistent moments from that position.”

“One, it’s always tackling,” Ballard said. “When you’re a good tackling team, the first guy gets a guy down, and it eliminates a lot of (explosive plays) — yeah, he’s the eraser. The free safety is the eraser.”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

that’s fair. 

it would be a big deal like him drafting a qb, which was a fundamental change that he acted on last offseason. And I’m not sure what his foundational belief is regarding safety. I think his hope was to draft mid round safeties and develop them into superstars. Are you suggesting his belief is that safeties aren’t worth the money because that hasn’t happened? Because my belief on it is that he hasnt had any turn into $13 mil/year players. His foundational belief is to draft/develop/retain your own. But if they don’t turn into those players (hooker injuries/scheme, Willis early retirement, etc) how do we really know what his belief is regarding the safety position? Very few safeties draft first round. But several safeties command $12 plus million. that’s a top 10 market. I cannot fathom that he wouldn’t add a top 10 player at a position that is weak. The defense lacks playmakers like it’s had. They are trying to develop them at corner, and he’s stated as such. Cross and Blackmon are too similar at strong safety without ability to play wherever you need them. Somebody like McKinney can play anywhere, at a top level. He immediately improves the defense, imo. 

I would hope that would be the case considering how strongly you feel about sticking with the status quo. Where do you feel the need is most important on the defensive side of the ball? 

This is an awkward time of the year to look at rosters over in Spotrac and OverTheCap….   All the free agents are no longer listed with their respective teams.  

But across the season I’m probably on those websites roughly once a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. 

And this is what I’ve noticed….  Players are listed by size of contract.  And on any given team, the best players are roughly the top 10-13 players.  They all make roughly $5m and up.  (That $$ figure is mine.).  And of those top 10-13 players only about half of them make roughly $10 mill and up.  So that’s roughly 4-7 players who make close to $10 mill and up.   Thats it.  So as you can see only a small number of players on the entire team make that kind of money.  

I rate the middle class as below $5m to $2m.   Below that are the rookies and select vets.  

Ballard’s priorities are the DL, one linebacker and one corner.   So he’s never spent good money on any safety and other than Hooker, he’s never spent more than a late-3rd on a safety.   Ballard’s history says he thinks he can get good level of play at safety — something acceptable. 

So I don’t see him suddenly spending 4/40 on a safety.  Unless I’ve confused you with another poster on this topic (possible) I think you said you find it hard to believe Ballard wouldn’t spend that kind of money if he knew it would improve the level of play.   I think that’s the wrong metric because you could use that logic on any position.  Ballard’s position has always been the DL, the Will and CB1.   There have been exceptions but they are rare.  Otherwise,  he’s willing to spend less in certain positions and safety (both positions) would be two of those spots. 

By the way, you can double check my comments by looking at both Spotrac and OTC.   You don’t need a premium account, I don’t have one.  Good info is free to all.  

Sorry this went so long.   Lots to talk about, and I will in the days to come. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

While you are definitely right about the past, I get the sense there’s going to be some changes in his mannerisms towards FA and the draft than we’ve become accustomed too. That said, I’m with you, I don’t think we touch a top end safety. Honestly, I find it more likely that we target offense in FA and Rounds 1-2 than Defense. The indications about needing to score more points and be more explosive by Ballard and Shane both in multiple post season interviews is why I say that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My arguement is: It has never happened, but it HAS to happen. He has to do one of the two.

If Ballard thinks he can keep relying on 4th-7th rounders who need 3-4 years of coaching to be below average-good we’re going nowhere as we have been. We need gamechangers not more JAGs. 

At the end of season presser Ballard talked about biases and identifying them to ultimately make better decisions. This is an example of that. 

• Like 3

Ballard’s position has always been the DL, the Will and CB1

but in your metric, he’s never spent money on cb1 either. And the Will doesn’t even have as much importance in Bradley’s system. The Will was the most important along with the 3 tech in eberflus defense, which is where Leonard thrived and why they brought buckner in. With that argument, they need to bring Burns or Allen in for Bradley’s Leo position. Do you see Ballard paying $30 million to replace Kwity Paye this season, or do you see him paying $10-13 to put a stud at a weak spot? Perhaps I’m wrong on safety, maybe he goes after someone like Snead that is versatile, but isn’t McKinney that guy too? He can play up, he can cover, he is an ideal free safety. 

• Like 1

So he’s never spent good money on any safety and other than Hooker, he’s never spent more than a late-3rd on a safety.   Ballard’s history says he thinks he can get good level of play at safety — something acceptable

And yet he talked pretty extensively about the free safety position in the post season presser… Doesn’t seem his late 3rd and 7th round safeties were consistent like they want and NEED. 

it wasn’t acceptable. Maybe in your worlds and looking at Nick cross’ pff numbers, but he’s still very raw. 

perhaps we aren’t looking at this right. Maybe they don’t bring Blackmon back, and that justifies looking at expensive options. He likes Blackmon and while I would prefer him to be back, his injuries might keep it from happening. 

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

And yet he talked pretty extensively about the free safety position in the post season presser… Doesn’t seem his late 3rd and 7th round safeties were consistent like they want and NEED. 

it wasn’t acceptable. Maybe in your worlds and looking at Nick cross’ pff numbers, but he’s still very raw. 

perhaps we aren’t looking at this right. Maybe they don’t bring Blackmon back, and that justifies looking at expensive options. He likes Blackmon and while I would prefer him to be back, his injuries might keep it from happening. 

I don’t even think Blackmon will cost a ton because of the injury history. We really missed him when he got hurt at the end of the season.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

While you are definitely right about the past, I get the sense there’s going to be some changes in his mannerisms towards FA and the draft than we’ve become accustomed too. That said, I’m with you, I don’t think we touch a top end safety. Honestly, I find it more likely that we target offense in FA and Rounds 1-2 than Defense. The indications about needing to score more points and be more explosive by Ballard and Shane both in multiple post season interviews is why I say that. 

Targeting offense makes really no sense. That’s not where the biggest hole is. We have time to target offenses in draft and let them develop. We need immediate help on defense. Guys that can step in now. I also never said we go after a top safety. It will be a lower tier guy that can at least improve that position while a young guy develops.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t even think Blackmon will cost a ton because of the injury history. We really missed him when he got hurt at the end of the season.

Don't forget about Daniel Scott. There's a chance he will be decent.