Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl game

Myles

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It wasn't that deep but I will agree he should not have touched him. All poor Andy wanted was a cheeseburger. I love Andy. 

Had he touched a referree, he would have been penalized. Diggs has never done what Kelce did. Diggs called a diva but Kelce is not. Oh well. Lots of double standards in sports.

selena gomez shrug GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Had he touched a referree, he would have been penalized. Diggs has never done what Kelce did. Diggs called a diva but Kelce is not. Oh well. Lots of double standards in sports.

selena gomez shrug GIF

Hey, don't include Selena Gomez in this, she rocks and is cuteHappy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff. Had Kelce bumped a REF, he would been ejected but I don't think Andy was in any danger. It was a heated moment between a great player and great coach. He should not have touched him; we agree there but crap happens. If I was married to someone and she slapped me during an argument, I wouldn't like it but I would get over it, move on. and see how the next day went. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey, don't include Selena Gomez in this, she rocks and is cuteHappy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff. Had Kelce bumped a REF, he would been ejected but I don't think Andy was in any danger. It was a heated moment between a great player and great coach. He should not have touched him; we agree there but crap happens. If I was married to someone and she slapped me during an argument, I wouldn't like it but I would get over it, move on. and see how the next day went. 

yep, If Andy didn't mind, I assume it was just a heated moment that went a bit too far.  They are good friends and crap happens. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not me. I guess that is why I have no experience with domestic violence. I ended a relationship when someone grabbed something from my hand. If someone curses at me and calls me names, I will end the relationship. I have too much respect for myself to let others mistreat me. When people show others respect, they don't do things like that. My boss and I disagree a lot but I have never shouted at her or pushed her. I would have been fired had that occurred.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree. Men and women see this differently.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Not me. I guess that is why I have no experience with domestic violence. I ended a relationship when someone grabbed something from my hand. If someone curses at me and calls me names, I will end the relationship. I have too much respect for myself to let others mistreat me. When people show others respect, they don't do things like that. My boss and I disagree a lot but I have never shouted at her or pushed her. I would have been fired had that occurred.

You know my stories as in having read them. There is a double standard between a man and a women laying their hands on someone and should be. I would not be violent toward any women unless they were trying to kill me. Not the point though, point is, if I was married to someone for like 20 years and they did a lot for me, I would not get a divorce over 1 slap they gave me. I would probably laugh at it and just leave the house for a while. It happens all the time to men, I have been slapped by a GF before, I broke it off but i wasn't with that person for 20 years either and didn't have a house with them or kids, etc.. 

I personally am glad I am single, I have watched so many of my friends live in misery being married. They are broke all the time and can't go out and do anything. Not me though homer simpson cards GIF

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CoachLite said:

I thought the game pivoted on two points: One the missed PAT, and two Spags calling up a blitz on Mahomes at the worst possible point in the game. Pretty even game other than that.

Obviously, I meant Steve Wilks instead of Spagnuolo.

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Kelce crossed a line completely and honestly, needs suspended for it. 1 regular season game at a minimum. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

selena gomez shrug GIF

No doubt Kelce is a diva. He is the Dennis Rodman to the Michael Jordan Mahomes, and Mahomes and Andy Reid know how to get the most out of him like Jordan and Phil Jackson did. :) 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly!!!

You get it, Brady gets it too and kudos to Andy Reid indeed on my end and from all ends.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-legends-news-active-news-tom-brady-praises-andy-reids-leadership-in-managing-travis-kelces-disagreement-with-poise-and-maturity/

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

No doubt Kelce is a diva. He is the Dennis Rodman to the Michael Jordan Mahomes, and Mahomes and Andy Reid know how to get the most out of him like Jordan and Phil Jackson did. :) 

He sure is a diva.  Having a diva on the team wouldn’t bother me.  I don’t like the idea of trading for an older one though like Diggs.  In their mid 20’s bring them on.  I want to win.

I have no respect for Travis Kelce or Andy Reid after this happened. Reid wasn't in any danger, and later seemed to laugh it off but the action  was unnecessary. Others can excuse the heated exchange all they want, but I don't agree. The Chiefs seem to favor winning over morals. That's all I have to say on the matter. 

I wonder if anything will come of this. If not, it sets a bad precedence for the NFL which is quick to place fines over almost anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I have no respect for Travis Kelce or Andy Reid after this happened. Reid wasn't in any danger, and later seemed to laugh it off but the action  was unnecessary. Others can excuse the heated exchange all they want, but I don't agree. The Chiefs seem to favor winning over morals. That's all I have to say on the matter. 

I wonder if anything will come of this. If not, it sets a bad precedence for the NFL which is quick to place fines over almost anything. 

No respect for Travis Kelce, I can understand but Andy Reid being the bigger man in this instance and not responding the way you would like him to respond thus losing YOUR respect, I am sure he is not losing sleep over that. LOL

Winning has a way of getting haters out of the woodwork!!! 

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Exactly!!!

You get it, Brady gets it too and kudos to Andy Reid indeed on my end and from all ends.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-legends-news-active-news-tom-brady-praises-andy-reids-leadership-in-managing-travis-kelces-disagreement-with-poise-and-maturity/

Had the Chiefs lost, fans and media would have said that Reid cannot control his team (Kelce, Rice) while the 49ers remained calm and cool.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Andy Reid being the bigger man in this instance and not responding the way you would like him to

What Reid did is exactly what DV victims do. They excuse their perpetrators' behavior because they need them for their livelihood, or for their kids or for another need. In this case, Reid needed Kelce to win the game. So, he overlooked Kelce's behavior. If Reid was Jim Harbaugh, Kelce would not have dared do that.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What Reid did is exactly what DV victims do. They excuse their perpetrators' behavior because they need them for their livelihood, or for their kids or for another need. In this case, Reid needed Kelce to win the game. So, he overlooked Kelce's behavior. If Reid was Jim Harbaugh, Kelce would not have dared do that.

Oh please!!! It’s Apples and oranges, your comparison and you know it.

How would you know he didn’t address it behind closed doors? Comparing that to DV is a bit too much.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Oh please!!! It’s Apples and oranges, your comparison and you know it.

How would you know he didn’t address it behind closed doors? Comparing that to DV is a bit too much.

Agree to disagree.

• NFLfan unpinned this topic

Finally, Kelce admitting he crossed the line. Good for Jason Kelce, his brother, for calling him out.

https://sports.yahoo.com/travis-kelce-knows-he-crossed-the-line-during-interaction-with-andy-reid-in-super-bowl-165244493.html#:~:text=“You crossed the line.”&text=Jason said Travis' actions were,to Travis than he expected.&text=“I deserve it%2C" Travis said.

If it has happened before, Travis probably needs counseling of some kind but that is not my forte. A fine from the league might send a message??

Here is a video of Andy Reid shoving Kelce a month ago to calm him down, Travis definitely needs anger management, definitely fits the Dennis Rodman profile:

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Finally, Kelce admitting he crossed the line. Good for Jason Kelce, his brother, for calling him out.

https://sports.yahoo.com/travis-kelce-knows-he-crossed-the-line-during-interaction-with-andy-reid-in-super-bowl-165244493.html#:~:text=“You crossed the line.”&text=Jason said Travis' actions were,to Travis than he expected.&text=“I deserve it%2C" Travis said.

If it has happened before, Travis probably needs counseling of some kind but that is not my forte. A fine from the league might send a message??

Yeah when I first saw him do that to his coach I said to my wife I think this guy has anger management issues.  

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Yeah when I first saw him do that to his coach I said to my wife I think this guy has anger management issues.  

Yes, he does. Check out the other video I posted where Andy Reid has to shove him to settle him down about a month ago.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Yep, but most here did not have a problem with his actions. They were defending Kelce. They said that Kelce and Reid love each other and it is his competitive nature that led to his actions. :facepalm:

I'm glad to see Kelce say that the behavior was inappropriate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yep, but most here did not have a problem with his actions. They were defending Kelce. They said that Kelce and Reid love each other and it is his competitive nature that led to his actions. :facepalm:

I'm glad to see Kelce say that the behavior was inappropriate.

I am not going judge Kelce on 1 mistake. Do I agree with what he did, NO! Having said that football is a violent sport and emotions are high. I am not defending Kelce but let's not act like he shoved Taylor taylor swift cat GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Myles said:

Close but I would take kelce over Gronk.

Kelce didn't miss nearly as many games as Gronk.  

it’s not close in my opinion… numbers don’t lie. 

postseason stats 

Kelce 22 games played, 165 receptions, 1903 yards and 19 touchdowns 

Gronk 22 games played, 98 receptions for 1389 yards and 15 touchdowns 

only 43 targets difference with Kelce receiving more looks, and for good reason. What he did this postseason, especially in the conference championship spoke volumes to me. He has been, and continues to be a beast and an ultra reliable one at that. He even put himself under microscope dating the most famous woman on the planet and still performed big. 

that’s not diminishing what Gronk did. It’s just that big of a difference. Kelce broke Jerry Rice’s playoff reception record this season, in 8 fewer games… that’s insane.  

and regarding Super Bowl wins: I would argue that Gronk’s qb had already won 3 without him. Kelce was a large part of the Mahomes/Reid success involved in all 3 of their superbowls. I’m not sure there is anything left for Kelce to prove. Had he walked away now (and I wouldn’t blame him) he’s the greatest tight end to play, in mine and many others opinion. 

• Like 2