Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please sign on Michigan's Defensive coaches

AustexColt

While a few fresh coaches would be nice, as they bring new ideas and a new voice - the good coaches from that staff will get promoted and/or end up with the Chargers.

As far as the tackling goes - that is a choice, not scheme based.

Just like the Military there are guys that will run towards to fire and those that will not. 

Seems like some of the accountability left when Eberflus did….. I could be wrong but my eyes tell me otherwise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

While a few fresh coaches would be nice, as they bring new ideas and a new voice - the good coaches from that staff will get promoted and/or end up with the Chargers.

As far as the tackling goes - that is a choice, not scheme based.

Just like the Military there are guys that will run towards to fire and those that will not. 

Seems like some of the accountability left when Eberflus did….. I could be wrong but my eyes tell me otherwise.

That can’t be I’ve been told how great Shane is at holding players accountable unlike Frank…

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

That can’t be I’ve been told how great Shane is at holding players accountable unlike Frank…

It can also take time to build that too. Which is why the Leonard thing was done. It sends a message loud and clear

23 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I believe he does have a stronger sense of accountability than Frank as evidenced in the release of Leonard - but it wasn’t like he could cut everyone or else we’d have nobody to line up on D….lol

I would bet year two that is a point of emphasis from the top down.

21 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I believe he does have a stronger sense of accountability than Frank as evidenced in the release of Leonard - but it wasn’t like he could cut everyone or else we’d have nobody to line up on D….lol

I would bet year two that is a point of emphasis from the top down.

Nah, it’s still about Johnnys and Joes primarily. Eberflus and the Bears D was underwhelming till a trade for Josh Sweat happened and the ripple effect from that propelled them to a run.

When there’s a talent push on both sides, schemes take over, IMO to make the difference 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 10:06 AM, AustexColt said:

The strategy that their defensive team used against Washington was creative and innovative. They focus that every player can tackle the first time. 

IT also starts with the talent that they have up front. They may have the best two fronts in college football last year.  Take away that talent and then we shall c the true value of those coordinators.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 11:49 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

IT also starts with the talent that they have up front. They may have the best two fronts in college football last year.  Take away that talent and then we shall c the true value of those coordinators.

i agree talent makes coaches look good, ask belichick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i agree talent makes coaches look good, ask belichick

Belichick wasn't the best drafter, but he was a genius at getting players to fit in his schemes (especially on defense), that ended up making them a dynasty. If he listened to his scouts more as a drafter instead of going rogue, they would have probably won 10+ SBs. 

• Like 1