Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mike Florio said on his nfl on nbc today that he thinks stroud is going to be done for the year. Apparently he suffered a concussion in the game the week before he went into protocol and they missed it. He came back in the game. Then the following week he got hit hard.

I really hate all these injuries. It affects the quality of the overall game. Who wants to see backup QBs butting heads in the playoffs?...

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mike Florio said on his nfl on nbc today that he thinks stroud is going to be done for the year. Apparently he suffered a concussion in the game the week before he went into protocol and they missed it. He came back in the game. Then the following week he got hit hard.

Florio likes to sensationalize, and if that doesn't work, he'll just make stuff up.

• Like 3

Just now, Superman said:

Florio likes to sensationalize, and if that doesn't work, he'll just make stuff up.

He does. Just something to watch. That hit was really hard. He talked about the previous game and showed where he got hit. I remember him going down and coming back in. Not good if he didn’t heal from the first and got a second one.

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

He threw what should’ve been a game ending pick but the DB got bullied by the TE lol.

I watched that whole game and saw that play too. The Titans overall play was infuriating to me, as we needed them to win, yet in the end, Keenum got the job done when it mattered, and pulled out the win, on the road.

And I have no reason to doubt, that Keenum can't beat the Browns this week, in Houston.

14 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I watched that whole game and saw that play too. The Titans overall play was infuriating to me, as we needed them to win, yet in the end, Keenum got the job done when it mattered, and pulled out the win, on the road.

And I have no reason to doubt, that Keenum can't beat the Browns this week, in Houston.

He was terrible last week. Don’t  know why you think that. He did use to be a brown so maybe a little revenge. But they have no weapons. Collin’s probably won’t play either.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He was terrible last week. Don’t  know why you think that. He did use to be a brown so maybe a little revenge. But they have no weapons. Collin’s probably won’t play either.

He was not terrible. Keenum won. on the road, (without many of his top players) which is never an easy thing to do.

Just like it's easy for us to credit Minshew, when he pulls out a win, regardless of how many lousy plays he makes during the game.

Look. I get you think the Browns will wipe the floor with the "beat up" Texans. and of course, Cleveland may indeed win...

But seriously, are you completely discounting Houston, at home? This is the NFL, where many unpredictable things usually happen. The Browns are very capable of going down.

As I said earlier, (even though I am not a gambler) my theory is to bet (pick/predict) the opposite of logic.

Using my Vegas approach, this week (and from reading your posts), I will go against three of your picks...

(1) I will pick the Texans plus the points (although they may lose, they will cover)

(2) I'll take Jacksonville over the Bucs

(3) and I hate to say, I am afraid of the Colts, because of the line flipping. I believe they should not be underdogs.

34 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

He was not terrible. Keenum won. on the road, (without many of his top players) which is never an easy thing to do.

Just like it's easy for us to credit Minshew, when he pulls out a win, regardless of how many lousy plays he makes during the game.

Look. I get you think the Browns will wipe the floor with the "beat up" Texans. and of course, Cleveland may indeed win...

But seriously, are you completely discounting Houston, at home? This is the NFL, where many unpredictable things usually happen. The Browns are very capable of going down.

As I said earlier, (even though I am not a gambler) my theory is to bet (pick/predict) the opposite of logic.

Using my Vegas approach, this week (and from reading your posts), I will go against three of your picks...

(1) I will pick the Texans plus the points (although they may lose, they will cover)

(3) and I hate to say, I am afraid of the Colts, because of the line flipping. I believe they should not be underdogs.

He was bad. Just because they  win on the road doesn’t mean they  were good. They were just less bad then the titans.

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Do you feel the Colts were just less bad than the Titans when we won in OT 31-28 on Dec 03?

I am purely talking about this specific game.  Quarterbacks kept getting sacked and it wasn’t good on either side. That’s not the case when colts played titans. Now can Texans still win? Of course. It’s the nfl. But Browns will have to really play bad to lose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

It can definitely happen but the Titans do play more zone coverage than the Browns and the Texans' WRs that can beat man coverage best, Tank Dell and Nico Collins are both probably inactive along with their key guy Stroud. Plus the Browns' pass rush is better than the Titans too. So I expect them to squeak a win out, squeak because it is on the road. Look what happened to the Eagles on the road vs Seahawks, the road factor is REAL.

As far as Jags vs Bucs, the thing is the Bucs are in the hunt for their division too and Jaguars without key defenders in their secondary vs Mike Evans and Chris Godwin is an uphill battle and if they are without TLaw, it is even more uphill. Plus the Bucs' OL has been doing good, a big reason for their recent run. 

The NFL, while it is any given Sunday, it is about matchups.

Colts vs Falcons - yes, without Pittman, they will gang up against the run and Minshew has to be very careful to not force the issue and we could get into trouble if that happens. Our D needs to win this for us on the road, IMO, and thankfully Heinecke is not nearly the running threat that Ridder is, the running QB gives Bradley Ds more fits typically. I am really really hoping Pittman plays, otherwise Falcons will be favorites on the field too, not just on paper.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Superman said:

Is this your opinion, or do you have anything to support that view? 

I googled Mike Florio makes stuff up and got nothing.   

Im not saying he’s never wrong, but there’s a huge difference between being wrong and making things up.   

You're not normally a bomb thrower, so I look forward to your response.   I’m sure you’ve got something.   

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im not saying he’s never wrong, but there’s a huge difference between being wrong and making things up.   

You're not normally a bomb thrower, so I look forward to your response.   I’m sure you’ve got something.   

He can be crazy sometimes with weird takes. So yes he can be out there. I was just giving info and they backed it up with  evidence about the week before. Here is the video.

Eveeyone can make up their own mind.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here's a recent example: https://stripehype.com/posts/mike-florio-obsessed-trying-to-take-down-bengals-01hgbq4wtvjv

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

That was a huge nothing burger from Florio.   A QB flexing his wrist?!   Shocking!

Silly.  

What do you Google to find these links?   

Florio controversy?    Or something else?   

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That was a huge nothing burger from Florio.   A QB flexing his wrist?!   Shocking!

Silly.  

What do you Google to find these links?   

Florio controversy?    Or something else?   

I remembered this one. I try not to read or watch anything from Florio because he irritates me, but I came across this one a couple weeks ago while I was catching up on the Burrow situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Man, I didn't realize we still have a shot of winning the AFC South.

Yup….  It’s not far fetched.   

We finish with..  

In Atlanta…

Home with Raiders….

Home with Texas…

It’s not a terrible gauntlet the Colts have to survive…    It’s doable. 

The schedule makers did us a favor.   The Colts opened the season with back to back at home, and now the Colts close with back to back at home.   A real gift. 

• Like 3

We finish with..  

In Atlanta…

Home with Raiders….

Home with Texas…

The schedule makers did us a favor.   The Colts opened the season with back to back at home, and now the Colts close with back to back at home.   A real gift. 

Slight payback for them consistently giving us terrible schedules IMO. Haven’t we started multiple years front loaded with divisional games? This year it was like 4 in the first 6. 

5 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Man, I didn't realize we still have a shot of winning the AFC South.

Yep, could go to bed Christmas Eve division leaders and able to control our own divisional destiny the rest of the way out if we:

Just win @ Atlanta + Jaguars lose @ TB

7 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

Slight payback for them consistently giving us terrible schedules IMO. Haven’t we started multiple years front loaded with divisional games? This year it was like 4 in the first 6. 

The last few years, the NFL has been trying to do that to everyone.   Give teams roughly a month of divisional games to start and roughly the same to end the season.   It’s been very deliberate to try to generate more interest at the most important times of the season.  

• Like 1

We finish with..  

In Atlanta…

Home with Raiders….

Home with Texas…

That was back in 2021.  This season, our 2nd game was at Houston.  They did do us a favor by giving us 3 of the final 4 at home. We've been a better road team this year; however, we have won our last two home games.  I've noticed that in the past 10 years, the NFL has scheduled several "bracket buster" types of matchups in the penultimate games of the regular season.  This is where playoff hopefuls play each other, affecting the possible seedings and creating some drama before the playoffs hit.  For many years, NCAA hoops have been doing "bracket buster" Sunday matchups one weekend during the regular season, usually in February, where a bunch of top 25 ranked teams play each other.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yep, could go to bed Christmas Eve division leaders and able to control our own divisional destiny the rest of the way out if we:

Just win @ Atlanta + Jaguars lose @ TB

I just wish they can spread out the division games more evenly and not most of them at the first half of the season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I just wish they can spread out the division games more evenly and not most of them at the first half of the season.

The NFL is trying to do it at both the beginning and the end.   It’s imperfect, but that’s what they’re trying to do.   Trying to generate the most interest at the right times.    

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

The last few years, the NFL has been trying to do that to everyone.   Give teams roughly a month of divisional games to start and roughly the same to end the season.   It’s been very deliberate to try to generate more interest at the most important times of the season.  

Was not aware of this! Thanks. 

2022 - 5 division games in first 7. 
2023 - 4 division games in first 6. 

With how badly this Colts team has been at the start of seasons it’s basically been a death sentence every year. Hopefully those days are gone with Steichen. 

Still seems a bit lopsided to me but I will certainly take the favorable next 3 games. Hoping the team finishes strong. If they can’t win at least 2/3 they do not deserve playoffs. 

That is why they are saving Stroud, IMO, for the final Colts game to be fully healthy. They are likely going 1-1 vs Browns and Titans and probably will be 9-7 with us being 10-6 going into that final game. The more we win, the greater the strength of victory difference gets for the Texans IF they beat us in that final game for the 10-7 tie breaker, IMO. It still won't be over till that last game vs the Texans.

Back in 2010, the schedulemakers got it right when they started making all final games against division opponents.  However, I'm still not sold on the 17 game season.  If were up to me, I would've kept it at 16 games and given each team two bye weeks spread out over the course of the season.  You still get to spead out games over an 18 week season for tv coverage, but maybe teams are healthier by season's end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

Was not aware of this! Thanks. 

2022 - 5 division games in first 7. 
2023 - 4 division games in first 6. 

With how badly this Colts team has been at the start of seasons it’s basically been a death sentence every year. Hopefully those days are gone with Steichen. 

Still seems a bit lopsided to me but I will certainly take the favorable next 3 games. Hoping the team finishes strong. If they can’t win at least 2/3 they do not deserve playoffs. 

5 and 4 divisional games done by October is a tad too much for 2 years in a row. I would it rather be 3 done by October, and the remaining 3 mid November to December.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still a 54% chance but we need more help. Like Cincy losing 2 games and Buffalo at least losing 1 game. Both could happen. 

Bills winning out. I said it couple before chiefs game that they were going to win out because its a must win for them. Cincy i hate that they are still winning without Burrow, irritates me that they wont lose lol.