NFLfan

Colts at Panthers  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Panthers
    • Tie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2023 at 06:15 PM

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah but you can show blitz (but not blitz) and make them change protection in a way that helps the regular pass rush but when you don't blitz it makes the offense easier to protect and call protections. We also don't do DL stunts really which also helps the offense. I would suggest looking up some interviews from some creative defensive coordinators like Bettcher. Theres alot that you can do to help your pass rush but we don't do any of it

I agree they can do more to help the pass rush but the NFL has shown over and over if you live by the blitz you eventually die by the blitz, especially with a secondary like the Colts that can’t hold up in man coverage.  You have to find ways to get to the QB with the front four, stunts are absolutely a way to do that.

• Like 2

Just now, Zoltan said:

Yeah but you can show blitz (but not blitz) and make them change protection in a way that helps the regular pass rush but when you don't blitz it makes the offense easier to protect and call protections.

I've seen us do that a handful of times this game. Speed and someone else showing blitz down at the line and bailed into coverage was one in particular on that last drive I saw.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah but their defense is good. If we can’t score on this panthers defense what’s going to happen against a good pats defense.

The same thing that happened against a good Browns a defense and all the other good defenses they have played.

It appears that no one has ever taught #40 of the Colts to wrap up the person they are trying to "tackle". He seems to think he can just knock people down by hitting them with a shoulder. It worked against that tight end, but it will "bite" him when his opponent keeps his feet while #40 is laying on the ground watching. Poor, poor tackling technique.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Saw a chart and colts have one of the most predictable defenses in the league.

Thats the thing you can disguise coverages and fake blitzes or disguise blitzes or use stunts to overload one side of the OL. Like there's alot of things to make your defense less predictable which helps pass coverage and pass rush but we don't do that

Okay I'll stop ranting sorry everyone

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

One thing hasn’t changed going from Reich to Shane.  The Colts think they are good screen pass team but they are really one of the worst teams in the NFL at it.

We have had quite a few big plays off it. But when you have a QB who doesn’t throw down field everything short doesn’t work.

Just now, Zoltan said:

Thats the thing you can disguise coverages and fake blitzes or disguise blitzes or use stunts to overload one side of the OL. Like there's alot of things to make your defense less predictable which helps pass coverage and pass rush but we don't do that

I do wish we ran more stunts, especially with Dayo. He's really effective on stunts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I agree they can do more to help the pass rush but the NFL has shown over and over if you live by the blitz you eventually die by the blitz, especially with a secondary like the Colts that can’t hold up in man coverage.  You have to find ways to get to the QB with the front four, stunts are absolutely a way to do that.

I totally agree, if you are like the vikings who blitz 50% of the time, a good QB will pick you apart but I would say if you blitz roughly 25-30% of the time that would make you lower middle of the pack but less predictable that the 17% we are now

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I've seen us do that a handful of times this game. Speed and someone else showing blitz down at the line and bailed into coverage was one in particular on that last drive I saw.

The problem is when you are last in blitz they aren't gonna respect the showing blitz because they know we don't blitz

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Man our offense stinks

When teams adjust to play the run it really does because Minshew can’t throw teams out of it.  I don’t get why teams only make that adjustment after halftime.  It’s how the Jags played the Colts the whole game and we all saw the results.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

When teams adjust to play the run it really does because Minshew can’t throw teams out of it.  I don’t get why teams only make that adjustment after halftime.  It’s how the Jags played the Colts the whole game and we all saw the results.

Steichen could probably be a little more creative in the run game.use some motion or other things.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen could probably be a little more creative in the run game.use some motion or other things.

They do, the Panthers are stacking the box and sitting on it.  The only way to get a team out of that is to force the safety away from the line of scrimmage by throwing.  Five guys can’t block 8.

• Like 2