Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zaire Franklin

1959Colts

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2023/10/13/colts-zaire-franklin-says-he-is-the-best-linebacker-in-the-league/71113655007/?utm_source=indystar-dailybriefing-strada&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailybriefing-headline-stack&utm_term=Content List - Stacking - optimized&utm_content=pind-indianapolis-nletter65

How Zaire Franklin is building his case as 'the best linebacker in the league'

...He leads the NFL with 69 tackles through just five weeks.

He is outpacing last year's breakout, when he set a Colts franchise tackle record with 167. At this rate, he'll top 100 by Halloween.

He's on pace to finish with 235 tackles, which would set the NFL's single-season record by more than 35.

"I think I'm the best linebacker in the league," he said...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2023/10/13/colts-zaire-franklin-says-he-is-the-best-linebacker-in-the-league/71113655007/?utm_source=indystar-dailybriefing-strada&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailybriefing-headline-stack&utm_term=Content List - Stacking - optimized&utm_content=pind-indianapolis-nletter65

How Zaire Franklin is building his case as 'the best linebacker in the league'

...He leads the NFL with 69 tackles through just five weeks.

He is outpacing last year's breakout, when he set a Colts franchise tackle record with 167. At this rate, he'll top 100 by Halloween.

He's on pace to finish with 235 tackles, which would set the NFL's single-season record by more than 35.

"I think I'm the best linebacker in the league," he said...

He’s played so well that I forgot about that other guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

4th & goal stonewall tackle on Derek Henry in the backfield

[/thread]

It was a great play, but if you look at it again you'll see Buck hanging onto Henry's ankles the same time ZF hits him.  I give credit to both guys on that stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Smonroe said:

It was a great play, but if you look at it again you'll see Buck hanging onto Henry's ankles the same time ZF hits him.  I give credit to both guys on that stop.

yes, I saw the same thing and it didn’t get talked about. There is a good chance he doesn’t stop him cold without buck on his ankles.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Ray Lewis whined and whined after the Ravens let his space eating  big DT's get away.

His numbers fell off of the cliff without them.

I have said this so many times when everyone says Lewis was the best lb. He was very average when the goose wasn’t there occupying lineman and then whining about it! I never heard Lawrence Taylor complain about double and triple teams, he just beat them too, just not as fast!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Far from it

I'd REALLY like for us to land a guy like Roquan Smith. I don't know how he would fit our scheme, but the guy is just off the charts this year.

Elite overall PFF grade

Great Run defense

Great Tackling

Average Passrush (don't care for a LB personally)

Elite Coverage

... AND that's for the season - 347 snaps total so far.

To be fair, it's his best year by far and that's likely something to do with scheme fit in Baltimore over his more pedestrian years in Chicago.