Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly

csmopar

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Now I’m gonna start by saying I’ve been saying he needs traded after two straight down years,  but check this out.

Ryan Kelly- Grades/ stats

86.0 overall- highest graded center

82.4 pass block- Highest amongst all lineman in the league 

1 pressure allowed

0 sacks allowed 

I still don’t like the contract but man I’m glad he’s back to form and if his play continues at this level, obviously don’t need to upgrade that anymore

By current NFL standards his contract is not as back breaking like Shaq Leonard. Just like I said before, we forget these players are human beings and not a number to be thrown around. I’m glad the Colts stuck with him, the Colts normally are comprised of GMs and HCs who have catered to the human side of the players and given them plenty of rope.

I’m still hoping Leonard bounces back like Kelly this year but ultimately understand he will have been given plenty of rope by the organization once they stick with him for the season. The human side is given a chance first before the business side takes over.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kelly is having a nice bounce back season. He is healthy and his mind is right for once. Our O.Line the last 3 weeks has played good and he is a big part of it.

I don't think it is a co-incidence both Kelly and Leonard appeared on the ad for mental health awareness with Irsay, both went through difficult times and needed support and help for the same, just like a lot of us.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just shows you  players are people too and they go through circumstances in life that we all do. We should probably have a little bit more grace and understanding.

Personally, I think Kelly's poor play was do to an accumuation of physical injuries...and he is finally healthy. 

He was playing poorly long before his personal tragedy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Now I’m gonna start by saying I’ve been saying he needs traded after two straight down years,  but check this out.

1 pressure allowed

0 sacks allowed 

I still don’t like the contract but man I’m glad he’s back to form and if his play continues at this level, obviously don’t need to upgrade that anymore

It was obvious his declining play was part of the reason for the Oline's poor performance these past couple of years. Glad he's back and playing his best football now!

• Like 1

And let’s not forget many wanted Kenny Moore traded after last year.  

And some wanted Braden Smith traded after last year.   

And a few wanted Q traded after last year.  

This list could get longer, but I think the point has been made….    Just saying. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

This list could get longer, but I think the point has been made….    Just saying. 

We want Pierce traded now, lets go 14, you next

I think Kelly’s play was poor for 2 1/2 years and was all about moving on from him. Two things, Steichen and Tony S. seem to be playing a style that fits Kelly’s mobility and Kelly hasn’t really had a tough matchup since week 1.  He played vs the Texans and the Titans had a NT out I believe.   Either way there’s been a definite improvement in his play. I hope he keeps it up.  It seemed like he and Ryan were not on the same page with blocking assignments last year.  

Remember that the quarterback - or lack thereof - can make an offensive line look ridiculous because of the quarterback's ineptitude!!

Injuries - plus - two questionable quarterback decisions by the front office the past two years have led to some of the Ryan Kelly statistics being skewed.

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

1 pressure allowed

0 sacks allowed 

I was in the same boat 

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

1 pressure allowed

0 sacks allowed 

yeah i was wrong, he has been phenomenal this year. i didnt expect it tbh 

5 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

Could be true but he actually supported Matt.  He was upset when MR was healthy and benched 

I definitely remember that.  The constant stunts through the same gap made me feel that way as well as something McAfee alluded to on his show.  I also recall someone saying that Kelly always called the line assignments in past years and there was a change last year.  

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

1 pressure allowed

0 sacks allowed 

Ryan doing a solid job this year. Very encouraging!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

and the point is....... The colts don't make many trades. :funny: