Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

7 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm gonna stay with my original belief that JT will never play another down for us.

Right now, he's doing what the league demands in order to not get fined, and have this year wiped and have to start all over again.

He was on PUP all of training camp.

He spent the first 4 weeks on PUP.

He now has 21 Practice Days, without officially having to play at all.

That takes him to within a week of the Oct 31 trade deadline.

He's made it absolutely clear that he doesn't want to play with us.  He doesn't want to put on this uniform again.

I don't think we'll see him play.

This has been my instinct all along as well. This thing got so stupid and ugly so quick my whole outlook on it has been a solid “I’ll believe it when I see it” and “I’m just ready for them to sort their % out like adults because this is * stupid.”

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen made it clear yesterday it will be a joint decision with JT when he will play. 

Sure. They always say that. But my entire point stands, it benefits the Colts to wait out the majority of the 21 day window more than it does JT

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

See my earlier post. 

Here the problem with your logic from earlier post: it is based on the assumption that JT will get re-injured, potentially even fake an injury.

He might because that’s life in the NFL. But it wouldn’t be good for JT so you can count on him not faking an injury. And it wouldn’t be good for the colts as they need. JT to take pressure off Richardson.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Los1sol said:

Here the problem with your logic from earlier post: it is based on the assumption that JT will get re-injured, potentially even fake an injury.

He might because that’s life in the NFL. But it wouldn’t be good for JT so you can count on him not faking an injury. And it wouldn’t be good for the colts as they need. JT to take pressure off Richardson.

Exactly teams already have questions about his health.  If he fakes an injury no one will pay him due to injury concerns.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Los1sol said:

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Exactly teams already have questions about his health.  If he fakes an injury no one will pay him due to injury concerns.

Ok. Considering the game plan he and his agent tried over the summer, I wouldn’t rule that faking out

As down on JT as I have become (can’t remember ever being so disappointed in a player during my 56 years of fandom), I have to admit I am VERY excited for JT’s return!  I sure hope his head is now screwed on straight and he totally brings it for the remainder of the season. <fingers crossed>

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ok. Considering the game plan he and his agent tried over the summer, I wouldn’t rule that faking out

I doubt that they try to pull a thing if the sort.  Did you forget about the shots fired over the bow by the league office re the supposed encouraging of "faking Injuries to gain leverage in negotiations for RBs?" After that memo went out, I think any chance of that kind of tactic evaporated.

8 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I doubt that they try to pull a thing if the sort.  Did you forget about the shots fired over the bow by the league office re the supposed encouraging of "faking Injuries to gain leverage in negotiations for RBs?" After that memo went out, I think any chance of that kind of tactic evaporated.

Actually yes, I honestly did forget about that letter. That said, I still think the chance remains, albeit very small. Like I said above, I’m in the anything can happen yet and let’s wait and see side of  field

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Get your popcorn ready.

Popcorn or bourbon… take a shot each time he deflects, handful a popcorn when he answers directly 

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Get your popcorn ready.

Wait, didn’t think he could talk until they activated him. They must be doing that today

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Popcorn or bourbon… take a shot each time he deflects, handful a popcorn when he answers directly 

Wait, didn’t think he could talk until they activated him. They must be doing that today

They couldn’t force him to talk until he is activated. They mutually must of decided to let him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course, The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Let Homer explain, I never thought it was as bad as almost everyone was saying. I was on record saying he would play for us this year and would not be traded. Believing in rumors and 1000's of tweets on how someone feels (Taylor) from people that don't have a clue is comical.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Los1sol said:

Get real.

JT still wants real money before he plays here or elsewhere..

If he does play and gets injured he and we are stuck. Very bad for both parties.

If Raiman and Kelly are not playing we are not going to run well with Taylor.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let Homer explain, I never thought it was as bad as almost everyone was saying. I was on record saying he would play for us this year and would not be traded. Believing in rumors and 1000's of tweets on how someone feels (Taylor) from people that don't have a clue is comical.

It’s never as bad or as good as the media reports. Usually in the middle somewhere

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Here is a good article...

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/10/4/23904001/report-colts-relationship-with-rb-jonathan-taylor-has-vastly-improved-in-recent-days

Report: Colts’ relationship with RB Jonathan Taylor has ‘vastly improved’ in recent days

Maybe Zaire Franklin has been feeding Taylor's family since he is so worried about him being able to put food on the table and that is why the relationship is improving (joking)

Good news that the relationship has improved.  Hopefully more than just Taylor wanting to make sure this year counts so he can leave afterwards.

Just now, iuswingman said:

Maybe Zaire Franklin has been feeding Taylor's family since he is so worried about him being able to put food on the table (joking)

Good news that the relationship has improved

Nah, I took Taylor to McDonalds the other day and bought him a BigMac and large Fries, that was the deal breaker that got his head on straight titus andromedon singing GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

• Like 1

This presser will be interesting. Does Taylor show excitement, remorse? Does he give off any vibes of being completed jaded and still at arms with the organization? 

Does he suddenly retire from the NFL? 

In a way, I do feel bad for him. I really do think he received bad advice, was influenced too much by outsiders and his read of the room/timing wasn't great.

Before all the nonsense became public, I was pretty vocal that us paying him ~12 million a year was fair as we have a young team on rookie deals and paying him wouldn't be impactful to the cap. Once everything else got out, I was completely ok with the Colts letting him go. 

Just now, cjwhiskers said:

This presser will be interesting. Does Taylor show excitement, remorse? Does he give off any vibes of being completed jaded and still at arms with the organization? 

In a way, I do feel bad for him. I really do think he received bad advice, was influenced too much by outsiders and his read of the room/timing wasn't great.

Before all the nonsense became public, I was pretty vocal that us paying him ~12 million a year was fair as we have a young team on rookie deals and paying him wouldn't be impactful to the cap. Once everything else got out, I was completely ok with the Colts letting him go. 

Watch him retire :peek:

• Like 1

Just now, cjwhiskers said:

I have been good with 3years, a 13 mil average, 50 percent guaranteed plus incentives since this talk started in March.. I still think that’s high but structured to hit the first two years with not dead hit for year 3 would work

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would be hilarious honestly

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He’s not gotten enough accrued years for the NFL pension so I highly doubt that he does if he’s hunting money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I have been good with 3years, a 13 mil average, 50 percent guaranteed plus incentives since this talk started in March.. I still think that’s high but structured to hit the first two years with not dead hit for year 3 would work

That would be hilarious honestly

He’s not gotten enough accrued years for the NFL pension so I highly doubt that he does if he’s hunting money

I know I was joking but still wouldn't that be a stunner. I have been saying he will play too haha 

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Personally, I’m not expecting Taylor to answer many (any?) questions directly.  I think he’ll deflect and/or give non-answer answers.   It’s been my experience that most professional athletes do NOT want to be held accountable.  They can say the dumbest things but don’t like it when the media points out how dumb the comment was.   

So I don’t expect Taylor to express much or any regrets for what he did or said.  I don’t expect him to say anything bad about his agent.   I think he’ll try to keep it light and positive and upbeat.   I think he’ll say somewhat positive things about Steichen,  Ballard and Irsay.   I think JT will downplay anything negative as much as possible. 

I’ll be surprised if Taylor says anything that seems candid or blunt.    It’ll be interesting to see what we get from him.   

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know I was joking but still wouldn't that be a stunner. I have been saying he will play too haha 

On a for real note, if it was me, I’d hit my number of accrued seasons, hopefully I’d be healthy and then retire with a life long pension program at the age of 30 or less. I see the financial side to why Luck did it. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally, I’m not expecting Taylor to answer many (any?) questions directly.  I think he’ll deflect and/or give non-answer answers.   It’s been my experience that most professional athletes do NOT want to be held accountable.  They can say the dumbest things but don’t like it when the media points out how dumb the comment was.   

So I don’t expect Taylor to express much or any regrets for what he did or said.  I don’t expect him to say anything bad about his agent.   I think he’ll try to keep it light and positive and upbeat.   I think he’ll say somewhat positive things about Steichen,  Ballard and Irsay.   I think JT will downplay anything negative as much as possible. 

I’ll be surprised if Taylor says anything that seems candid or blunt.    It’ll be interesting to see what we get from him.   

Agreed. Anyone know when he is to speak 

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

He is pretty smart too, so I doubt he says anything to hurt his credibility. I hope he looks happy to be back and seems ready to go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

On a for real note, if it was me, I’d hit my number of accrued seasons, hopefully I’d be healthy and then retire with a life long pension program at the age of 30 or less. I see the financial side to why Luck did it. 

Agreed. Anyone know when he is to speak 

Yeah, once he gets that 2nd contract he will be set for life if he plays his cards right. I hope it is for us, if not, it will be disappointing. After Andrew retiring, nothing can hit me like that so it is what it is. That was a kick to the teeth.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh no.  My whole way of life is now totally derailed!