Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

This Indiana Sucks crap I've had about enough of from Agents/Players....  across sports....seriously, if this is the case YET AGAIN.... am I blind, or do other Midwestern teams not suffer from stings of two faced defections like PG, Oladipo, Now maybe JT?!  ALLLL grew into stars on our dime.....and said they loved it, us, the place ..the teams ..  and then flipped like a switch?  What gives.... No one is doing the two faced thing to this level in any other "flyover" state sports teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yes, he did. He was liking like... a dozen tweets suggesting the Colts should trade him to Miami. The interesting thing was... he was liking ONLY Miami tweets and none of the other fanbases' desires for their team to trade for Taylor. 

Yeah, but aside from the glaringly obvious and cliche "under the table kickback" scenario.....why would an agent, yes, even this skidmark wannabe, force a client to a team simply because they live in the area?

3 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

This Indiana Sucks crap I've had about enough of from Agents/Players....  across sports....seriously, if this is the case YET AGAIN.... am I blind, or do other Midwestern teams not suffer from stings of two faced defections like PG, Oladipo, Now maybe JT?!  ALLLL grew into stars on our dime.....and said they loved it, us, the place ..the teams ..  and then flipped like a switch?  What gives.... No one is doing the two faced thing to this level in any other "flyover" state sports teams.

I see that too, it is nonsense. I don't get it either. Good post.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

And ask the league to do an investigation. Seize their communication and lets see if they can find something weird. Because there has definitely been something weird from the moment his agent started this %storm and started liking tweets about the Colts trading him to Miami before the trade request even being public. 

Yup, and I meant to say that also. I don't know if there would be any proof, but it's worth it to do an investigation.

• Like 2

Just now, Jackie Daytona said:

Yeah, but aside from the glaringly obvious and cliche "under the table kickback" scenario.....why would an agent, yes, even this skidmark wannabe, force a client to a team simply because they live in the area?

Start giving Taylor some agency. He's not a mere witness to this whole ordeal. At some point he has to own what his agent is doing on his behalf. It's very likely he wants the same thing... 

• Like 2

Just now, Superman said:

Yup, and I meant to say that also. I don't know if there would be any proof, but it's worth it to do an investigation.

Oh, I guarantee Irsay would have no issue asking for an investigation into the Agent.  Would he jeopardize his newfound favorite child status by going after another owner though?

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Start giving Taylor some agency. He's not a mere witness to this whole ordeal. At some point he has to own what his agent is doing on his behalf. It's very likely he wants the same thing... 

Oh I give him credit and agency.  I think he's listening to the guy telling him he'll get a butt load of money and if we won't pay it, then go to Miami, great weather, nightlife....and JT likely sees zero income tax....

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Yeah, I've been very suspicious from the very beginning. When the agent started liking those tweets. It was really weird. To me he either knew something or this was a really stupid thing to do... hell, even if he knew something it still is a stupid thing to do... but what can we say? Nothing out of the ordinary for an agent who was once fired on live TV and who's being sued by ex-clients for trying to swindle them in business deals. 

• Like 1

The vitriol is something JT likely didn't see coming from the fanbase to anywhere near this level.  I doubt he thought he'd be perceived in this manner when this all started.  He like many stars,probably assumed the well of goodwill he had previously built up here would see him through.....  

Man, I bet that felt bad realizing the level of that miscalculation 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Oh, I guarantee Irsay would have no issue asking for an investigation into the Agent.  Would he jeopardize his newfound favorite child status by going after another owner though?

In this case, it's an owner that's previously been sanctioned for tampering, and investigated for tanking, and is at the center of a discrimination lawsuit against the NFL. So, not quite as unpopular as Dan Snyder, but probably not anyone's favorite, either.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

am I blind, or do other Midwestern teams not suffer from stings of two faced defections like PG, Oladipo, Now maybe JT?! 

Nba has plenty of examples of starts leaving the fly over country.  if they land somewhere like LA or Miami they stay or if they do leave its to another big market.

Kareem said he wasnt culturally satisfied in Wisconsin but he did win them a title before leaving. 

KD wanted out of OK,

Kawhi out of Toronto despite being on a good team.

Lebron wanting out of his home town even!(unless they had a great team)

Shaq to LA, Paul George to LA, I still dont understand what happened with Victor oladipo 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Nba has plenty of examples of starts leaving the fly over country.  if they land somewhere like LA or Miami they stay or if they do leave its to another big market.

Kareem said he wasnt culturally satisfied in Wisconsin but he did win them a title before leaving. 

KD wanted out of OK,

Shaq to LA, Paul George to LA, I still dont understand what happened with Victor oladipo 

That is why I love players like Stockton and Malone who played their whole careers in Utah. Malone did play 1 year in LA at the end as a role player but he was old by then and wanted a ring. Reggie Miller is priceless. REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Holder seems to have morphed a bit since taking the ESPN gig....  it's like he doesn't realize he's there, for comparative peanuts, only because they massacred their workplace and dumped all but a handful of their talent and restocked from the dollar bin.....

You think he has been overly representative of JTs side?

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

It would not surprise me if Holder is friendly with this agent, given his Florida background.

Me either. Still, I'm not sure why the journalist is getting heat for presenting the player's side and giving everyone some rationale for JT's behavior. This is all JT acting how he believes is right, Holder is doing what journalists do, i'm not sure that's anything to do with ESPN. This is all Jonathan Taylor. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He has only been presenting Taylor’s side. Looks one sided. No nuance.

He's presented exclusive information directly from Jim Irsay too FWIW. What's the nuance? He's not writing opinion pieces right?

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Me either. Still, I'm not sure why the journalist is getting heat for presenting the player's side and giving everyone some rationale for JT's behavior. This is all JT acting how he believes is right, Holder is doing what journalists do, i'm not sure that's anything to do with ESPN. This is all Jonathan Taylor. 

No heat for Holder from me. Some of his comments have seemed slanted toward JT/agent side, IMO, and I think JT and his agent have been the most confrontational in this situation.

But, I'm just thinking that it's possible Holder is getting more info from the agent than he is from the team.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

The more it seems like Taylor and his agent are steering toward Miami, the more inclined I would be to shut this all down, tell Taylor 'no trade, play here or don't play,' be prepared to put him on IR, and still be prepared to tag him in 2024.

I think Taylor will want to get one more year of service so he can become a UFA in 2024.

He'll have alot more leverage then

39 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

KD wanted out of OK,

You consider one of the most European cities in N.A., Toronto.... "flyover country?"

1 hour ago, Superman said:

The more it seems like Taylor and his agent are steering toward Miami, the more inclined I would be to shut this all down, tell Taylor 'no trade, play here or don't play,' be prepared to put him on IR, and still be prepared to tag him in 2024.

Agreed seems like a set up from word go