Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joke NFL Power Ranking List from NFL.com

BProland85

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't know about 28th, but its right to have HOU ranked ahead of us.  They beat JAX badly and their starting QB for the rest of the season, Stroud, took a step ahead.  We didn't beat JAX with our starting QB, and got our 2 wins with the QB we are not going to start going forward.

Jets have a good defense that will keep them in games/win games.

I have questions about the TEN ranking.

I actually agree with this. Stroud has started looking like the real deal, while Richardson hasn't finished a single NFL game. 

The overall team looks decent, though sans the QB position, which is still a huge question mark.  

I feel like like I'm in the Twilight zone with how so many people are already sold on Richardson. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Personally, I like the “”underdog” perspective from media. I wonder if players read this stuff?

Bob Kravits had them winning two or three. Local media is no better.

Okay Colts - PROVE THEM WRONG, ALL YEAR LONG!!

I’ll eat a plate of Crow right now. I’ve cheered for the Colts since the 1950s, thick or thin. I was sure the only game we’d win was the Houston Game here in Indy, and that we were building for next year, not this year.  Glad I was wrong!

My AFC Power Rankings(week#3)

1.... Dolphins

2.... KC

....gap....

3.... Buffalo

4.... Bengals

....gap....

5.... Ravens

6.... COLTS

7.... Chargers

8.... Pats

9.... Jags

....gap....

10... steelers

11... Titans

12... Brownies

13... Texans

14...  Raiders

....gap....

15 ... *Broncos

16... *Jets

*any QB Denver trots out, including Russell  Wilson, is a lot better than the jets Zach Wilson. Which is why the Broncos are ranked ahead of the jets. haha

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

1.... Dolphins

2.... KC

....gap....

3.... Buffalo

4.... Bengals

....gap....

5.... Ravens

6.... COLTS

7.... Chargers

8.... Pats

9.... Jags

....gap....

10... steelers

11... Titans

12... Brownies

13... Texans

14...  Raiders

....gap....

15 ... *Broncos

16... *Jets

*any QB Denver trots out, including Russell  Wilson, is a lot better than the jets Zach Wilson. Which is why the Broncos are ranked ahead of the jets. haha

Good list. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@LJpalmbeacher2,

I would still be weary of putting Cincy that high. I get it though because of the last 2 years and Burrow is great. Burrow to me doesn't look near 100% healthy though. I still think the Ravens win that division. 

Both the Bengals & Ravens have the misfortune of playing in the same division of one of the leagues favorite teams....the Steelers. 

The script hasn't been written much in favor of them lately because of brady/belichek and then Maholmes getting the lead roles plus the Steelers have lacked talent a few years. 

But despite them still not being talented and especially woeful on offense, I think they win their division this year and unfortunately for Bengal and ravens fans their teams will play their part for that to happen(Ravens & refs did vs colts?)

Just throwing out a script like they joke about in the NFL commercials :funny:

Neon Rated GIF by NEON

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:

For those who care,  ESPN’s new power rankings have the Colts listed at 20. 

That's more supportable than the OP.  The OPs ranking really has teams 20 through 28 kind of a toss up as to where they should be this early.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That's more supportable than the OP.  The OPs ranking really has teams 20 through 28 kind of a toss up as to where they should be this early.

Yes, the ranking of 28 just seems silly on its face.    The Colts have played three games, won two on the road, and were competitive for most of the one game they lost.   28 seems like nonsense.   

Not a good look for NFL.com.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, the ranking of 28 just seems silly on its face.    The Colts have played three games, won two on the road, and were competitive for most of the one game they lost.   28 seems like nonsense.   

Not a good look for NFL.com.  

The 20 to 28 teams are a tossed salad, but I think the Colts are better ranked closer to 20 than 28.  I do think HOU is ranked correctly, numerically (not comparing them to Colts as the measure), to follow up on my previous comments.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Both Stephen Holder and Kevin Bowen have both mentioned the vibe  they got from colts is they did not expect colts to be very good this year. Kevin Bowen said he was told this directly from someone pretty high up. So I think colts are defintely over  achieving what expectations were.

At the same time it’s amazing what actual good offensive coaching will do for a team. Same goes for accountability. This team always had the talent. They lacked at offensive coaching and QB mostly in the last few years. That hopefully seems to have been fixed. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, w87r said:

Here is a round up of about 10(didn't count), different power rankings.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/indianapolis-colts-nfl-power-rankings-roundup-week-4-surge/

Highest: 13 Pro Football Network

Lowest: 28 NFL.com

Average: 19.4( I did count this time)

Bump

This was last post on first page.

Has (9) different power rankings 

17 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

1.... Dolphins

2.... KC

....gap....

3.... Buffalo

4.... Bengals

....gap....

5.... Ravens

6.... COLTS

7.... Chargers

8.... Pats

9.... Jags

....gap....

10... steelers

11... Titans

12... Brownies

13... Texans

14...  Raiders

....gap....

15 ... *Broncos

16... *Jets

I think the Colts are in the 10-14 bracket.

The Bengals may grow into it later this season, but right now I don't think they are up there.

The Chargers lost by 2 to the Dolphins who nearly set a record for most points scored last week. They are better than their record.

The Pats have played against the Eagles, the Dolphins and the Jets. They've won the only game they realistically could of those 3.

We lost to the Jags at home.

The Browns destroyed the Bengals and the Titans and lost a close game to the Steelers.

The Steelers beat the Browns and the Raiders and got recked by the probable NFC favorite.