Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts at Ravens-Plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

41 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts might avoid the worst of the tropical system Sunday. The system looks like to be the worse Saturday and the tropical storm warning is over Sunday morning. Still might be raining though.

Well good thing they have that running game of Richardson and Taylor behind Kelly and Nelson to fall back on.  Oh wait…

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nelson is practing. Curious if this is colts being careful with Richardson or he is still having symptoms. If he is having symptoms next week could be in danger.

Nelson missed practice last week (Texans) but ended up playing. I think it's safe to count AR out. Hopefully he is able to return next week for the Rams at home.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nelson is practing. Curious if this is colts being careful with Richardson or he is still having symptoms. If he is having symptoms next week could be in danger.

If AR is held out, I am sure it is precautionary. With all the emphasis that has been put on concussions the last few years and the whole Tua situation, we probably are playing it safe. What is sad is, many in the media would probably be critical of us playing him after what happened to Tua. Everyone is different and AR's injury didn't look near as bad as Tua's did. On Monday, he was spotted out in public walking around. If someone has a major concussion, they aren't doing that the next day. They are laying in a dark quiet room somewhere - any doctor would tell anyone that. I have been concussed before and after it happened, I rested for 2 or 3 days and then I was fine. I wasn't out walking around that is for sure.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson and Kelly are not practicing. So it’s French and Minshew Sunday. Kenny Moore is practicing.

I look forward to seeing how the Colts running game looks with French at center, inclement weather, against a stout Ravens defense, 

If we manage to win this week, the season’s focus changes from solely develop ARICH to compete for a playoff seed. Our schedule is quite easy. A lot of winnable games & i think this game has a lot of significance for a young team. 

I don’t think we win, but it will be fun to see it play out 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

If we manage to win this week, the season’s focus changes from solely develop ARICH to compete for a playoff seed. Our schedule is quite easy. A lot of winnable games & i think this game has a lot of significance for a young team. 

I don’t think we win, but it will be fun to see it play out 

The first thing would have mostly been an off-season focus in how they put a roster together.  The Colts went younger to get guys to grow with Richardson rather than getting vets like you might see a team trying to win a Super Bowl would.  Once games start, no matter how the roster was put together, teams alway try to win as many games as they can.  So I can assure you they aren’t solely focusing trying to develop Richardson they are trying to develop him while winning as many games as they can.  

• Like 1

Colts definitely put an emphasis on going younger BUT have an eye on the playoffs and the Matt Gay signing shows that. You do not sign a kicker to highest contract in the league unless you expect to be in close games that the kicker can win. We had an inexpensive kicker who did well last year, well wasn't good enough thus the signing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Colts definitely put an emphasis on going younger BUT have an eye on the playoffs and the Matt Gay signing shows that. You do not sign a kicker to highest contract in the league unless you expect to be in close games that the kicker can win. We had an inexpensive kicker who did well last year, well wasn't good enough thus the signing.

The Colts signed Matt Gay to a 4-year contract.  So while it helps the Colts in 23, it also helps the Colts in 24, 25, and 26.   The Colts think Gay is that good.  I think you’re reading too much into 2023.