Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts at Ravens-Plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

14 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Yeah might be bad. I hope they just sit Richardson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen said Nelson was barefoot at practice yesterday. Wonder if he hurt his toe worse. Then hambright was signed to the 53.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/9/21/23884117/colts-re-sign-og-dakoda-shepley-to-the-practice-squad-among-roster-moves

Colts re-sign OG Dakoda Shepley to the practice squad among roster moves

I liked what I saw from Shepley  in preseason. Canadian player.

He can play tackle, guard and center

...The Colts have been busy at offensive guard recently, having elevated Arlington Hambright to the active roster and also signed veteran Ike Boettger to their taxi-man squad.

Shepley should provide additional interior offensive line depth, replacing Hambright’s spot on the team’s practice squad going forward...

...The Colts have been busy at offensive guard recently, having elevated Arlington Hambright to the active roster and also signed veteran Ike Boettger to their taxi-man squad.

Shepley should provide additional interior offensive line depth, replacing Hambright’s spot on the team’s practice squad going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah I doubt he is playing.  Looks like colts might be being very smart smart with concussions in seeing how they handled Ogletree.  

As I remember, the Colts have been sitting players out (with concussions) for at least one game, for a few years now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Could see Tony Brown and/or Jaylon Jones 

Brown will play slot if Kenny doesn’t play. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He may but he plays outside and Kenny plays inside.  Brown will probably get Kenny’s reps.  Brents May be the backup and play mostly special teams.

Just talking about bodies. We will need the extra body.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Brown will play slot if Kenny doesn’t play. 

Just talking about bodies. We will need the extra body.

They may.  They do have Jones too.  I am not ruling it out.  If Moore, Kelly, and Richardson are all out that will really limit the healthy scratches.  Still if Brents plays I think it will mostly be on special teams baring injuries.

Yeah, the secondary hasn't played too well yet - not a lot to lose there.  I suppose they did well enough in the Texan game before Prevent Defense time started in the 3rd quarter.  I don't think we're losing too much if Tony Brown goes in for Moore.  I'm much more worried about the IOL - that's where I expect our OL to win big against the Ravens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This could get ugly Sunday. Two backup lineman possible and no Kenny Moore.

...On the positive side, with Kelly, Nelson and Moore entrenched on the depth chart, it gives us the chance to see what these backup players can do.

Kelly, and Moore may be on the way out after this season? And if Nelson continues to miss time, and/or, if his production continues to drop, his days might be numbered as well? Another game to see what Minshew brings to the table as backup qb

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, the secondary hasn't played too well yet - not a lot to lose there.  I suppose they did well enough in the Texan game before Prevent Defense time started in the 3rd quarter.  I don't think we're losing too much if Tony Brown goes in for Moore.  I'm much more worried about the IOL - that's where I expect our OL to win big against the Ravens.

Moore has played well,  you can’t judge one player based on a whole groups performance.

18 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

...On the positive side, with Kelly, Nelson and Moore entrenched on the depth chart, it gives us the chance to see what these backup players can do.

Kelly, and Moore may be on the way out after this season? And if Nelson continues to miss time, and/or, if his production continues to drop, his days might be numbered as well? Another game to see what Minshew brings to the table as backup qb

I would be a little worried if Richardson had to deal with a backup center. But with Minshew playing I think he will be able to handle protections ok with a backup center.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I would be a little worried if Richardson had to deal with a backup center. But with Minshew playing I think he will be able to handle protections ok with a backup center.  

AR didn't practice today. Looks like we will get Mustache on Sunday unless something big changes now.

22 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Damn, I had no idea Moore was even injured??

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Something else to watch is Leonard. He has been huge in spying Lamar when we have played ravens.  Maybe we use speed more as a spy.

Need Kenny healthy against rams to cover that rookie slot WR they have.

Leonard is starting to get the rust off of him and he has played to clean games with no injuries. He is now due to have a game where he creates more havoc and get a Turnover. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not even worried about injuries this year. Just going to enjoy the ride this year and see where it leads. Next year the pressure will start.

If the weather is bad Sunday that might level the playing field. Ravens have a bunch of injuries too.

I'm worried. I want to and think they can win this game. I'm not forfeiting the season like most on here are.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If all those DNPs end up not playing, both teams will have quite a few starters out. Baltimore maybe even more than us?

I just looked at the Ravens depth chart, that team certainly should not strike fear into the hearts of any Colts coaches or players.

Everyone here is assuming they are so much better than us...

Player for player, I see no big difference, of them ahead of us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I'm worried. I want to and think they can win this game. I'm not forfeiting the season like most on here are.

Definitely the Colts can win. The Ravens are beatable. I'm not very impressed with their roster. But will the Colts  beat themselves?...is the better question.

13 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Definitely the Colts can win. The Ravens are beatable. I'm not very impressed with their roster. But will the Colts  beat themselves?...is the better question.

Agree. I just get a kick from the posters on here that are willing to give up on season after season because the Colts don't have the perfect roster. Most likely , most have never played competitive sports.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

i hope the colts play aggressive the whole game. if the coaches go conservative late in the game it will be hard to win

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Agree. I just get a kick from the posters on here that are willing to give up on season after season because the Colts don't have the perfect roster. Most likely , most have never played competitive sports.

I am not one of them. This year is about AR progressing but having said that I hate losing. I will never have the mentality where losing doesn't matter. Some in here do, they do the same thing every year as in wanting a high draft pick and say losing doesn't matter after a few games. One can't have that mindset every single year - it gets you nowhere, if that was the case, they are ok if the Colts stink every year I guess. I also think we are far from the worse team in the league, we are better than the Texans, Pats, Jets without Rodgers, Broncos, Raiders, Panthers, Giants, Bears, Rams, and Cards. That is 10 teams right there I named that we are better than. So we won't be picking in the top 10 anyway.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not one of them. This year is about AR progressing but having said that I hate losing. I will never have the mentality where losing doesn't matter. Some in here do, they do the same thing every year as in wanting a high draft pick and say losing doesn't matter after a few games. One can't have that mindset every single year - it gets you nowhere, if that was the case, they are ok if the Colts stink every year I guess. I also think we are far from the worse team in the league, we are better than the Texans, Pats, Jets without Rodgers, Broncos, Raiders, Panthers, Giants, Bears, Rams, and Cards. That is 10 teams right there I named that we are better than. So we won't be picking in the top 10 anyway.

every gm should have his roster built to have a chance to win it all each season. i dont believe in a rebuilding year, that is what the off season is for.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts might avoid the worst of the tropical system Sunday. The system looks like to be the worse Saturday and the tropical storm warning is over Sunday morning. Still might be raining though.

The field will will still be wet and wind may impact kicking game even if rain has stopped.