Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich won’t give up play calling duties after 0-2 start

Happy2BeHere

Man I don’t miss having him as a head coach.

"I don't think that's for Bryce, that's on me, that's on our team, so that's part of it, but it's part of every game," Reich said. "I don't like it, believe me we want to give the fans wins and an exciting brand of football, that's what we're going to do. But it's a process, we're two games into a 17-game season. Things haven't gone the way we want to, but nobody's throwing in the towel, and it's a long year."

Reich clarified that he will not be handing over the play-calling duties as the Panthers continue to search for a spark to light up the offense.

https://www.nfl.com/news/frank-reich-panthers-offensive-struggles-not-just-on-bryce-young-s-shoulders

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Man I don’t miss having him as a head coach.

"I don't think that's for Bryce, that's on me, that's on our team, so that's part of it, but it's part of every game," Reich said. "I don't like it, believe me we want to give the fans wins and an exciting brand of football, that's what we're going to do. But it's a process, we're two games into a 17-game season. Things haven't gone the way we want to, but nobody's throwing in the towel, and it's a long year."

Reich clarified that he will not be handing over the play-calling duties as the Panthers continue to search for a spark to light up the offense.

https://www.nfl.com/news/frank-reich-panthers-offensive-struggles-not-just-on-bryce-young-s-shoulders

lord elves GIF

It's still very early. But the team looks unprepared... 

• Like 1

Carolina's defense is playing better - at this point of the season - than the offense.

But - that is the trend in the NFL every single season.

We shall see what we shall see.

No one can change a team completely in one off-season!!

NO ONE!!

Not even Vince Lombardi - George Halas - or - Don Shula!!

27 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Carolina's defense is playing better - at this point of the season - than the offense.

But - that is the trend in the NFL every single season.

We shall see what we shall see.

No one can change a team completely in one off-season!!

NO ONE!!

Not even Vince Lombardi - George Halas - or - Don Shula!!

… Except Andrew Luck.

Took a quick lurk trip over at the panthers forums and they’re already tired of him. Lol

i still think Frank can be a successful coach, but his unwillingness to give up playcall duties is what I hated about him here.  Some head coaches can do it and some can’t, doesn’t make them a bad coach.  Just by the play design I can tell Shane is better at playcalling than Reich.  

Do I think the panthers have enough talent to realistically compete?  No, but young looks LOST while AR and Stroud look to be getting the hang of it.  Who does that fall on, Bryce if he isn’t putting in the work but we all know who’s definitely playing a part in it.

Problem with Frank is I think he still lives in the 80’s! He still thinks the plays from when he was playing could still work in todays NFL. Some may, but most wont! He got lucky in Philly with a SB but that was mostly due to Pedersen’s play-calling. Good luck to him, I’m definitely glad that he’s not our coach anymore!