Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Colt 1 year wonder?

twfish

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I know him. He played around when Vick Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw were here, no?

He was not a "wonder". :)

Of all that I have read, Ebron fits best. He was great one year and Colts fans loved him. The following year he was a pariah. Fans could not wait to get rid of him..

Ebron was hot and cold.  Had all the talent in the world.   I remember reading somewhere that Luck was annoyed with him because he either wasn't committed or didn't have focus.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I know him. He played around when Vick Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw were here, no?

He was not a "wonder". :)

Of all that I have read, Ebron fits best. He was great one year and Colts fans loved him. The following year he was a pariah. Fans could not wait to get rid of him..

oh yeah, im not saying he beats out anybody, but he was decent and was a smaller back but man he had some energy to him, he really did have some shining moments next to Luck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

The spin/sideways tornado to the pilon for a td.  I think that was him.  One of the greatest tds ever.

yep. 

do you remember the play that Marlon Mack had? 

At home vs. Jax, broke his hand mid-play, spun to the outside, and still scored.

i was there for that game, but yeah boom Herron was excitement for us at the RB position, when we had some boring typical backs like Ahmad, who was really good at protection and stuff, but Herron is one of the first backs i remember , outside of Marlon Mack that i got excited to watch 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKB said:

oh yeah, im not saying he beats out anybody, but he was decent and was a smaller back but man he had some energy to him, he really did have some shining moments next to Luck

I liked Herron, he was a fun little player and had a great game in the playoff victory against the Bengals. 10 carries for 56 yds and a TD plus 10 receptions for 85 yds and another TD.

Someone a bit more obscure, but I liked Brad Scioli who had a really nice year in 2002. He started 13 games and had 7 sacks at DT, which was really great production for interior lineman. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pkbrux said:

I liked Herron, he was a fun little player and had a great game in the playoff victory against the Bengals. 10 carries for 56 yds and a TD plus 10 receptions for 85 yds and another TD.

Someone a bit more obscure, but I liked Brad Scioli who had a really nice year in 2002. He started 13 games and had 7 sacks at DT, which was really great production for interior lineman. 

thats kinda my style, pick the obscure options people don't usually think about 

herron by far one of my fav colts from that period, one of the last players we had where someone would yell "BOOM" when he had a play. Reminds me of KUHN being yelled in green bay (i was living in wisconsin at that time)

Autry had a good year or so at DT most recent, in 2002 i was only 5, so that one kinda goes over my head talking about Scioli

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pkbrux said:

we got scioli from the faulk trade if i'm not mistaken 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

The spin/sideways tornado to the pilon for a td.  I think that was him.  One of the greatest tds ever.

It was Vick Ballard with the TD

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

would Vontae Davis be on this list

I don’t think so, he had 3-4 elite seasons with us.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Let's go back to Colts one-year wonders.

The guy that quit in the middle of a game in Buffalo, did he have multiple great years for the Colts? He is a CB whose brother was a TE for the Niners. Can't recall his name. He may have had multiple great years.

Vontae Davis and brother Vernon

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Dan Footman, DE, 1997.

Footman was drafted by the Browns in 1993 in the 2nd round out of Florida State.  Played 3 years for Bill Belichick's Browns, and only gave them 8 1/2 sacks.  After a year stint in Baltimore, where he did next to nothing, the Colts signed him in 1997.  He started 10 out of the 16 games, and gave the Colts 10 1/2 sacks.  The following year, he was injured after 3 games.  Never played again.

• Like 2

Some of these players played more on the year...

• Vick Ballard
  • Boom Herron
  • Ahmad Bradshaw (if you add up the games he played for IND, it's probably close to a season)
  • Erik Walden (and his 10 sack season)
  • Donnie Avery (still the most productive WR not named TY, Reggie or MPJ I think)
  • Julian Blackmon (strong start to rookie campaign, but not since)
  • Rodney Thomas (this is a guess)
  • Eric Ebron (monster year with Luck, then just stunk the following year)
  • Chris Reed (great filling in for Q, but then left to MIN)

21 hours ago, twfish said:

Totally forgot about Henry Anderson too. His rookie year was so promising before his injury.

I was going to name him when you first posted this thread, but I was not sure if he was a "wonder". He went to Stanford and I had high hopes for him. I was surprised to see that he is still in the NFL, but is on IR for the Panthers.

I thought Zach Kerr was somewhat of a "wonder", being undrafted from Delaware.

What a great topic. You almost forget about some of these guys after awhile. But I’ve got a great one for you guys.

Delano Howell. He was an undrafted safety from Stanford during the Grigson era. I remember the going into I think the 2014 draft and someone asked why they didn’t draft safety and Grigson said they like what they had in house. Howell was one of those guys. He had a big fan club on this board as well.

Speaking of Grigson era guys, In surprised no one mentioned Donte Moncrief. He went off in that Bengals game and then left in FA and got payed by the Steelers or Jags. The. Proceeded to do absolutely nothing. His last year with the Colts was his only decent season in the league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1