Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Opening Week 2023 Game Thread

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. I like Kirk and the Vikings. I do have them making the playoffs. As long as Philly or SF gets knocked off, it will be all good. The Lions have something waiting for Philly Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

I would love a Bengals/Bills vs. Vikings/Lions Super Bowl. That way one fan base finally witnesses a champion. 

I’m already sick of Philly and Nick. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I would love a Bengals/Bills vs. Vikings/Lions Super Bowl. That way one fan base finally witnesses a champion. 

I’m already sick of Philly and Nick. 

I picked the Bills last year but they folded, having said that, I would be ok with any of the 4 teams winning it all you listed. Can Burrow stay healthy? He just got the huge contract. 

On my pick thread I had Lions vs Ravens in the SB. Repeating is tough, so I didn't pick the Chiefs and usually the SB loser (Philly) takes a step back.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 10:12 PM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@LJpalmbeacher2 OT prediction might come true..

Run LJ RUN... For the LOTTO... 

I may have had the wrong team winning BUT I got the 1 point margin right. :funny:

......I almost picked the Lions by 1  also, for me the game was a toss up. Kelce  being out was a red flag for picking KC as far as putting money on them. I think Payton is a real threat in that division even if they have to use smoke and mirrors. Lol 

I've hit a few PICK 6's on Greyhounds & Horses but never had any luck playing lottery.... but I don't hardly try betting ping pong balls. Ping Pong balls don't have a Beyer Figure. haha

• Like 1

What games will you be watching?

Four games will be showing on local TV in my area (EDT):

49ers @ Steelers (Fox, 1PM)

Bengals @ Browns (CBS, 1PM)

Eagles @ Patriots (CBS, 4:25 PM)

Packers @ Bears (Fox, 4:25 PM)

I will have to listen to the Vikes on NFL+. I can watch Red Zone too.

Enjoy the games!

6 minutes ago, jaxjag said:

I would l love to see the Fins play the Chargers. That game will be a real shootout.

The Steelers and 49ers could be a good one as well.

The Steelers and 49ers game is showing by me. I don't want to jinx them but I like the Steelers in that game. That should be a fun game.

Hopefully the Vikes beat the Bucs at home. The Bucs have a better defense than the Vikes have, but the Vikes offense should be potent this year, even without Dalvin Cook. 

Enjoy the games.

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What games will you be watching?

Four games will be showing on local TV in my area (EDT):

49ers @ Steelers (Fox, 1PM)

Bengals @ Browns (CBS, 1PM)

Eagles @ Patriots (CBS, 4:25 PM)

Packers @ Bears (Fox, 4:25 PM)

I will have to listen to the Vikes on NFL+. I can watch Red Zone too.

Enjoy the games!

I have Jags at Colts, Then Packers at Bears on Fox.

On CBS Bengals at Browns, Eagles at Patriots

Homer thinks Xfinity rules whos your daddy dancing GIF- Uverse and DirectTv just can't mess with a person's football. I called them last week and told them I was switching companies and explained to them why. My neighbor did the same thing, he had Uverse. My mom and Step-dad went Xfinity a month ago., they also had Uverse. 

I had Uverse for 10 years and 2 channels cost them my loyalty + I am paying less for Xfinity. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have Jags at Colts, Then Packers at Bears on Fox.

On CBS Bengals at Browns, Eagles at Patriots

Homer thinks Xfinity rules whos your daddy dancing GIF- Uverse and DirectTv just can't mess with a person's football. I called them last week and told them I was switching companies and explained to them why. My neighbor did the same thing, he had Uverse. My mom and Step-dad went Xfinity a month ago., they also had Uverse. 

I had Uverse for 10 years and 2 channels cost them my loyalty + I am paying less for Xfinity. 

I have the same games except you have Colts, I have 49ers at Steelers. The Vikings are not showing here. I will listen on NFL+ and watching Red Zone.

What is Uverse? Is that a cable company like Comcast, Spectrum, etc?

Just now, NFLfan said:

I have the same games except you have Colts, I have 49ers at Steelers. The Vikings are not showing here. I will listen on NFL+ and watching Red Zone.

What is Uverse? Is that a cable company like Comcast, Spectrum, etc?

Yep. They are really good but they messed up with this situation. Crap happens. Hey, I am shocked I am not getting the Vikings on CBS lmao . I usually get them at least 9 or 10 times a year haha 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. They are really good but they messed up with this situation. Crap happens. Hey, I am shocked I am not getting the Vikings on CBS lmao . I usually get them at least 9 or 10 times a year haha 

My cable company is not showing channels owned by the Disney company such as ESPN, ABC, FX, etc. Actually, it is Disney that has taken those channels off. I don't mind. I will watch the Giants game tonight on NFL+, as ESPN is off. My friend had invited me to the Giants game tonighy. I am glad that I declined because the weather is awful -- torrential downpours and thunderstorms.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

My cable company is not showing channels owned by the Disney company such as ESPN, ABC, FX, etc. Actually, it is Disney that has taken those channels off. I don't mind. I will watch the Giants game tonight on NFL+, as ESPN is off. My friend had invited me to the Giants game tonighy. I am glad that I declined because the weather is awful -- torrential downpours and thunderstorms.

Cowboys/Giants is on WTHR/NBC, I had to get ESPN because of Monday night Football.

Julian Edelman is annoying on Fox. He talks too much. 

Aaron Rodgers seems so much happier as a Jet. He looks so care free. I wonder what was going on in Green Bay that he looked so unhappy. He just said he loves "everything NY Jets". He looks invigorated. Watch out for the Jets.

Inactive list for Bucs @ Vikings

BUCCANEERS

RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn

TE Payne Durham

OL Brandon Walton

OLB Markees Watts

CB Derrek Pitts Jr. 

VIKINGS

OLB Marcus Davenport

QB Jaren Hall

TE Nick Muse

OLB Andre Carter II

T David Quessenberry

DL Jaquelin Roy

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How things have changed for the Pats! Matt Corral was picked up off waivers by the Pats. Corral does not want to play for them. He either did not show up or left. @Chrisaaron1023 what happened there? I know you follow the Pats. haha

Actually I had no clue about this.. lol I jabbed my pats buddy's when the released all their QBs but Mac Jones. I was like WTH are y'all doing?! :lol:

I think Bill has lost it

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Actually I had no clue about this.. lol I jabbed my pats buddy's when the released all their QBs but Mac Jones. I was like WTH are y'all doing?! :lol:

I think Bill has lost it

He signed Zappe and Cunningham to the practice squad but elevated Zappe to the active roster after Corral went AWOL. No one seems to know what is going on with him. 

I'll be watching the Jags-Colts on FOX. 

My late games are Eagles-Patriots on CBS, Packers -Bears FOX.  I don't know which I'll watch, might switch between both games. 

I like Patrick Mahomes, but KC always being in the playoffs is annoying, like the Patriots were when they were always winning. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

49ers already scored a TD. 7-0 49ers

Vikings ruined 3 good drives, Kirk fumbled twice and one interception... Lost 6 points there... And then, a neutral zone infraction in 3rd down against a struggling offense to lose 7 points in last 2 minutes?

They've set up a nice upset win opportunity for Bucs..

I hope Vikings do better, much better in second half or else, we'll be in trouble 😵‍💫 in no time 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

49ers already scored a TD. 7-0 49ers

49ers r in great form... I have Aiyuk in 2 fantasy teams, both on bench and he scores 2 TDs... I guess I need to trust him more.

I read so many here predicted Steelers win. I didn't comment, but was wondering why everyone's overestimating Pickett and not valuing enough a great team like 49ers... 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Vikings ruined 3 good drives, Kirk fumbled twice and one interception...

I will have to watch the game in its entirety after the game. Kirk will end up having great stats but when we had chances to score, he turned the ball over. :grumpy2:

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I read so many here predicted Steelers win.

Not here. Colts fans despise the Steelers. I don't believe they picked the Steelers. I did. 

Did the Colts second half start yet? Lets talk Colts. I am rooting for AR and Josh Downs. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Inactive list for Bucs @ Vikings

BUCCANEERS

RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn

TE Payne Durham

OL Brandon Walton

OLB Markees Watts

CB Derrek Pitts Jr. 

VIKINGS

OLB Marcus Davenport

QB Jaren Hall

TE Nick Muse

OLB Andre Carter II

T David Quessenberry

DL Jaquelin Roy

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

What's up with Davenport?

I didn't follow much on injuries, was he already going through something? 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I will have to watch the game in its entirety after the game. Kirk will end up having great stats but when we had chances to score, he turned the ball over. :grumpy2:

Not here. Colts fans despise the Steelers. I don't believe they picked the Steelers. I did. 

Did the Colts second half start yet? Lets talk Colts. I am rooting for AR and Josh Downs. 

Addison had a 39 yard TD and caught both passes to him, so good start so far.

TEs did well too...

As I predicted, run game is bad. Mattison is doing well, but Ty was pathetic. I don't know why they even gave so much carries to Ty, Mattison should get BULK of carries! If not all..

This is NFL general game thread to talk other games other than Colts, right? Maybe, you got confused...