Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Opening Week 2023 Game Thread

NFLfan

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Not here. Colts fans despise the Steelers. I don't believe they picked the Steelers. I did. 

Not including me, 6 people picked Steelers to win and 6 picked 49ers... In the weekly picks thread . That as much people thought Steelers would beat 49ers is surprise to me, but never mind... Just an observation

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Not including me, 6 people picked Steelers to win and 6 picked 49ers... In the weekly picks thread . That as much people thought Steelers would beat 49ers is surprise to me, but never mind... Just an observation

I'm surprised so many picked the Steelers. I thought I was the only one. 

BTW, in the Survivor Pool, there were only 4 teams chosen: KC, Washington, Vikings, Ravens. At this time, Washington and Vikings have a good chance to lose. 

I am so disappointed. We should be winning this game. Like I said, Kirk will have nice stats at the end and people will not see that he is responsible for us losing. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah one of those was me but I did pick the Browns and Jaguars to win :) 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I'm surprised so many picked the Steelers. I thought I was the only one. 

BTW, in the Survivor Pool, there were only 4 teams chosen: KC, Washington, Vikings, Ravens. At this time, Washington and Vikings have a good chance to lose. 

I am so disappointed. We should be winning this game. Like I said, Kirk will have nice stats at the end and people will not see that he is responsible for us losing. 

Mark my words, at the end of this year, this bad game will be forgotten that Vikings fans would want extension for Kirk after he does well in many other games...

In the end, he'd always be up and down, he will be good for many other franchises but for a club that has never won a Super Bowl? Vikings fans are wasting their time as long as Kirk is there.

My only question is, whether they will let Kirk go after the year? We will see, this is why I didn't have high expectations on Vikings.. people thought double digit wins are possible, even took it for granted... It takes a lot of luck to go our way like it did last year... We have to be grateful for that, and then come back to reality, not falling for that thinking it's possible to do better after depleting the roster as well.

And, Vikings fans including Ludford was repeating that Dalvin Cook had many negative plays, and even without his big plays, Mattison and crew would have consistent positive plays that offsets the loss of Cook

the bolded part is one of the worst football commentary I've ever read anywhere. I'd understand if a foreigner learning to talk American football said these words. But, Americans who have watched football all their life say that? That just showed to me how much delusional Vikings fans generally are and DN is ..

Negative plays are part of football. Whether it is Chubb, or Cook or CMC or Mattison... My brain hurt everytime I read in Vikings forums that a team of RB2s gathered by Vikings could perform better than what Cook was doing year after year because they said Mattison & Co. will have "more net positive plays" 

Let's see ..

Mattison, 11 attempts 34 yards

Chandler 3 attempts 0 yards

No big plays, Vikings fans are right about that, LOL .. but, I don't see any consistent good rushing game that provided even a glimpse of a good run game as result. 14 attempts 34 yards, 2.5 yards per attempt.

It's ok if they want to justify having to let Cook let go. But, Vikings fans just foolishly twist reality and form opinions like the above to justify anything in the name of positivity. Wow. 

We are going to see Kirk struggle and make mistakes because he will have to play very well in the level of Elite QBs to move chains and score when needed without consistent run game and big run plays without Cook! That's the reality. 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah one of those was me but I did pick the Browns and Jaguars to win :) 

Actually when I casually looked at others' picks selection in that thread, I thought about 75% here picked Steelers rather than 49ers...

Then I started counting now for the sake of above statistic, and it's about 50%, including me that would be 40+%...

I'd pick Steelers against average teams and even within their division on their day, but I don't think they're going to play well and compete against Elite teams as long as Pickett is there. Or he makes a big leap this year. Let's see.. but Tomlin somehow will get a winning record, and will make it look easy and would sneakingly make it happen before anyone realized that 

Pittsburgh defense is awesome though, just can't hold an offense like 49ers every time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jordan Love looks like a young Rodgers. Packers are going to be just fine. 

Meanwhile this bears coaching staff looks awful.

He looked really good. I wonder what @stitches  thinks of that. He was very high on Jordan Love. While many thought he would not be any good, Stitches has always believed in him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bill Belichick needs to retire happy homer simpson GIF- Touchdown Dallas! I had 2 bets today, I had Browns over Bengals for $50 and I have the Cowboys for $50, I had to give up 2.5 points. 6-0 Dallas so far.

Dallas is about to score again.

At least I advanced in my Survivor Pool (not for money).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

At least we ain't the Giants... Lol

You guys played so well! Don't you feel like you did? I was so impressed. Last year was awful. There is so much to look forward to for Colts fans this year.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about them Bengals homer simpson GIF

Or the Vikings.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You guys played so well! Don't you feel like you did? I was so impressed. Last year was awful. There is so much to look forward to for Colts fans this year

AR looked good & poised, and lest we forget that our rookie HC is learning on the fly as well - I hope  he'll "evolve" to take the points while in good FG range, and save the "going for it" for rare & surprising spots.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Old Homer was having fun, he said how about that mighty Herbert, 1 more laphomer simpson GIF

What don't you like about Herbert? I would take him over Cousins in a heartbeat.

Btw, I am also a big fan of Burrow. Wasn't he hurt? Give the kid a break. :)

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What don't you like about Herbert? I would take him over Cousins in a heartbeat.

Btw, I am also a big fan of Burrow. Wasn't he hurt? Give the kid a break. :)

I like them both, I was trying to be funny but they lost today, hence the post. People want give AR grief for losing in his 1st game but the 2 highest paid QB's lose and they get a break. I was joking around. Burrow is great.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like them both, I was trying to be funny but they lost today, hence the post. People want give AR grief for losing in his 1st game but the 2 highest paid QB's lose and they get a break. I was joking around. Burrow is great.

The people giving him grief probably never wanted to draft him and would be upset no matter what. He played very well. The Colts did not win. That's all. Had they won, folks would feel better. 

People here did not like Andrew because he replaced Manning. People have their reasons..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The people giving him grief probably never wanted to draft him and would be upset no matter what. He played very well. The Colts did not win. That's all. Had they won, folks would feel better. 

People here did not like Andrew because he replaced Manning. People have their reasons..

Maybe their reasons and my reasons are different The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)