Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 5 8/1

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

No, I dont even need to follow the team at all. I only choose to do it because I genuinely enjoy it. 

I choose to be positive about everything I do, because thats how I will get the most rewarding experience. That applies to everything across the board.

Being right about future dissapointment doesnt make anyone happy.

If you're realistic about the team's chances this season and what the true measures of progress should be, you could find satisfaction instead of disappointment despite the losing season ahead.

• Like 4

Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

If you're realistic about the team's chances this season and what the true measures of progress should be, you could find satisfaction instead of disappointment despite the losing season ahead.

We arent even talking about the same thing here.

You can be positve and still be realistic. You can be realistic and still be wrong. You can be negative and be right. You can be right and be very miserable. 

If you asked me for my prediction rn I wouldnt predict we win the SB.

There is a group of people on here who never have anything good to say, EVER. I could count the positive posts on my hands, if I had no hands. 

Feeling like you have an opportunity to do something great in sports is never unrealistic. 

5 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

100%. This is exactly how I feel. That’s why I don’t care snout injuries this year or if Taylor gets traded. No expectations. Just looking forward to watching Richardson play. Steichen is going yo be a fun coach too.

• Like 1

For the record.  I’m not necessarily against rookies starting.  There are a wide range of factors that determine this.

Tosaymost teams does not cover it.  The vast preponderance of teams do not start rookies game 1.  It’s happened a few times.  Some are great some terrible and degrees in between.

AR has little experience.  If he does go game 1 that would be surprising.

I wonder if AR needs to take the brutality in a Read Option/RPO Qb taking a 100 plus carries would endure even if he were ready.

8 minutes ago, Nickster said:

For the record.  I’m not necessarily against rookies starting.  There are a wide range of factors that determine this.

To so most teams does not cover it.  The vast preponderance of teams do not start rookies game 1.  It’s happened a few times.  Some are great some terrible and degrees in between.

AR has little experience.  If he does go game 1 that would be surprising.

I wonder if AR needs to take the brutality in a Read Option/RPO Qb taking a 100 plus carries would endure even if he were ready.

He'll get a taste with the intra-squad practices and pre-season games.  It's the closest he can get to real bullets.  We should learn

a lot more by the time those are done.  Will he be able to fix his mistakes from one week to another after those pre-season games?

That will be a huge factor.

It's going to be fun to watch.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts have a tough competition going for that 5th and 6th WR spot with Strachan having a big day.

Wouldn't be surprised if the WR competition involves Pittman. With 6 or 7 WRs doing great is going to be worth paying him or let him go and we get a draft comp pick? He might have a price tag on him.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Then great coaches like Belicheck does start a rookie QB.(Mac Jones)

Yeah the greatest coach ever started a rookie QB from day 1 and he wasn't even a top 10 pick. Thanks, that is the best post of the day regarding this nonsense discussion that has been going on. Nobody can twist that fact Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

20 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the WR competition involves Pittman. With 6 or 7 WRs doing great is going to be worth paying him or let him go and we get a draft comp pick? He might have a price tag on him.

He’s our best WR by far.  If they don’t extend him, and he has another 90 catch season, he’ll get top dollar next year from somebody.  

Heck, the 20th best paid WR is getting 15M.  He’s worth more than that.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He’s our best WR by far.  If they don’t extend him, and he has another 90 catch season, he’ll get top dollar next year from somebody.  

I think pierce is better especially  over the long haul

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am looking forward to watching Richardson in joint practices. I assume he will get a lot of work with the ones to get a good guage of where he is. Camp is almost half way over already. Next weekend we actually get to see Richardson play football. 

I agree. Really excited about the preseason games. 

Just realised I won’t get to watch the first preseason game. :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Herbert is amazing. I don't know why people knock him. I would love if AR ever reaches the level of his processing and grasp of an NFL offense. A ton of that team's failures have nothing to do with him. QB wins is NOT a real stat. This goes both ways. Yes, QBs have outsized impact on winning, but they are still what? 15-20% of a team's success? 

They knock him because he needs playoff success and they want him to outdoes mahomes

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I think Pitt is better right now due to experience. But I think Pierce will be better for the team in the long run. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Matabix said:

I think I confused you. We have one or two spots open. Pittman, pierce, Dulin, downs are locks. Now we get to see who will be the 5th and if we carry six. 

I don’t get the mentality of bashing Ballard for not enough WR talent then wanting them to not pay Pittman. I said earlier only say Pittman isn’t back is if pierce gets 1k yards and colts are in position to draft Marvin junior.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems like when they put on pads Strachan comes alive. 

Bowen has listed him as one of the stars of camp a few times now.  He needs those kinds of plays to make the team.  

But, barring injuries, I can’t see him making it unless they carry 6.  Even then…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Right now Pierce is a one trick pony.  But that’s a great trick when you have a guy who can sling it.  

But he’s not as good as MPJ right now.   

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He can go deep. Everyone forgets what he did with wentz when he had a QB with a strong arm.  The going rate even for a top 20 WR is 20 million.

I'm still apprehensive on the Pitt fit. Could very well be a great fit, but want to see first.

Will say, every time I tell myself, I don't like the fit, I think about that snag(or 2) against SF in the rain couple years back, down the field.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Colts fans, no need to argue over when AR starts.

We all have opinions, some that differ hugely.

SS is the only opinion that counts.  AR starts when SS says he's ready.

We will all have to live with that decision.

not sure why fans are so uptight about when, doesn't really matter when. so long as he starts at some point

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, w87r said:

I'm still apprehensive on the Pitt fit. Could very well be a great fit, but want to see first.

Will say, every time I tell myself, I don't like the fit, I think about that snag(or 2) against SF in the rain couple years back, down the field.

One of the best plays in recent Colts history. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Pittman is a chain mover.  Not sure he is worth 20+ million.  I guess that's the market though

Pittman is a chain mover and can catch in traffic. Pierce can do everything  Pittman can do,but he is faster and can stretch the field more. When they both reach their peak I expect pierce to score more tds

52 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Right now Pierce is a one trick pony.  But that’s a great trick when you have a guy who can sling it.  

But he’s not as good as MPJ right now.   

Pittman was a better route runner, but I'm sure pierce has improved  there and he will end up scoring  more than Pittman 

Man I don’t know if it’s the full moon or what but lots of angry people today going after each other.  Just a reminder just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t mean you have to attack them.  Smart and informed people can come to different opinions about something.  As PeytonGirl used to say, attack the argument not the person.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1