Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South Predictions

sb41champs

Media members - from every single platform - are making their 2023 season predictions in order to have some way to earn their $$$ during this "black hole" in the NFL schedule.

While you won't get paid for your opinion - it is nonetheless valued.

Rank the 4 AFC South teams in order that YOU think they'll finish up the 2023 season.

• Like 1

Jags = 10-7 - team to beat in the division until proven otherwise. Best QB in the division and decent defense. They went 9-8 last year, I think they can win 10 this year. It is the Jags, but Lawrence is no joke.

Colts = 8-8-1 - Taylor and Leonard will be back, that is good for a 4 game improvement alone if AR plays at least average football.

Titans = 7-10 - they are washed up with the core they have. Their QB situation is iffy and Henry's best seasons are behind him now.

Texans = 7-10 - on the rise.

Ask me after pre-season because this could change. For now looking at each teams roster, I will roll with this. 

All the band wagon people that claim to be Colts fans when we had Peyton and Luck can now quit being closet Titans fans. They are done and be Jags fans now until we get good again which won't be long chuckling homer simpson GIF.

Titans had a nice run from 2019-2021, 3 whole seasons, they were average last year in 2022. During the Titans run they never won the Conference or a SB, congratulations lol. They wasted a Hall of Fame RB's career as well because they stuck with StinkyHill.

Texans 9-8

Jaguars 8-9

Colts 7-9-1

Titans 6-11

AFC South still sucks but teams show vast improvement than recent past, division is competitive and split division games more equally.

I think Texans would do well, especially in defense and running game and they can do better if not for the lack of very good receivers apart from Schultz, but it's the rookie year for the QB anyway.

Titans aren't going to be that threatening on defense anymore but they will surprise in few games. Jaguars will have roller coaster of a season, I'm waiting to see a very consistently strong season from Lawrence still. 

Having NFC South vs AFC South helps all 8 teams to win some games too, as they'd find it tough to traverse the NFL schedule otherwise as all these 8 teams are in rebuilding or in worse state. 

Jaguars 10-7

Titans 9-8

Colts 6-11

Texans 5-12

I think the Jaguars win the division a 2nd straight year with the best QB in the division. As of now, they are the best team with the best QB, and that's what will ultimately matter. Titans will have one final year of a wildcard with Henry at RB. The Colts and Texans will have losing records IMO. Richardson will have rookie struggles and is very raw, while Stroud will be on an inferior team and have a difficult time overcoming a talent issue. 

I personally don't believe Leonard will play this year, whether he retires, or he just gets put on injured reserve and never suits up, I have zero confidence in him. Little confidence in Taylor and Nelson either. I think they play, but I think they decline. Colts will be much worse than most people think. Likewise, the Titans will be much better than people think, even with Tannehill at QB. 

Lawrence will become a top 10 QB in the league this year IMO. Great receiving core and they add Calvin Ridley. It's their division to lose, and I don't see it happening unless Lawrence gets hurt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Jaguars:  10-7

Titans:       8-9

Colts:         7-10

Texans:      7-10

Yeah you and I are always within 1 game of each other on these predictions. I have 8 wins and you have 7 wins. 7 is reasonable. I think the Jags will win the division again, to me the Titans are getting long in the tooth.

• Like 1

Colts

Jags

Titans

Texans

Houston a train wreck,may be worst club in the league.

Titans have peaked and are on the decline.

Jags have a nice trip in Lawrence,Ridley and Ettienne (Who I know many here dont respect but he is a solid top 15 back)

Colts get a healthy Leonard back who by all reports feels his best in years, gets JT back who was the #1 back in the league in 2021 and have a very very deep D Line with Ebukam and Bryan being added to an already solid group.

TN just moved to the top with DHop.  

If they stay healthy they are tough due to that DL and RB.  

People forget they were way out front last year before injuries killed them.  

Jags have a first place schedule and lost a ton on the DL and OL.  I'm still not sold on Lawrence.  

Texans and us are in full rebuild mold with rookie QBs.  

1 hour ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

TN just moved to the top with DHop.  

If they stay healthy they are tough due to that DL and RB.  

People forget they were way out front last year before injuries killed them.  

Jags have a first place schedule and lost a ton on the DL and OL.  I'm still not sold on Lawrence.  

Texans and us are in full rebuild mold with rookie QBs.  

I’d still take the Jags over them. Their D won’t be as good as everyone thinks, especially with Landry coming off an ACL, Autry getting older, and their LB and CB core is questionable. Oh and Lawrence is much better than Tannehill.