Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ol Peyton

bleed blue4life

5 minutes ago, bleed blue4life said:

seems like Manning has turned into a Bronco backer now.Always wearing blue and Orange in every picture u see.smh.what happened ???

I think Peyton lives mostly in Denver these  days.   That’s where his world is these days. 

Ballard and Irsay have mentioned Peyton in the last few months regarding our coaching search and quarterback evaluations.   So the Colts and Peyton still have a relationship.   So I wouldn’t read too much negative into it.   

• Like 3

On 6/28/2023 at 5:40 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think Peyton lives mostly in Denver these  days.   That’s where his world is these days. 

Ballard and Irsay have mentioned Peyton in the last few months regarding our coaching search and quarterback evaluations.   So the Colts and Peyton still have a relationship.   So I wouldn’t read too much negative into it.   

Yep..

Peyton endorsed Callahan for head coach..we chose Steichen

Peyton endorsed Levis for QB...we chose Richardson

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't recall either recommendation 

I do.    I’m not sure either endorsement was Peyton saying definitively he is the guy, and the only guy,  but perhaps he was more giving his approval.   That it would be good to sign one, and hire the other.

What if Steichen didn’t pan out?   What if Richardson had been drafted before the Colts?   Peyton’s choices were him signing off on people the Colts asked for his input. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I do.    I’m not sure either endorsement was Peyton saying definitively he is the guy, and the only guy,  but perhaps he was more giving his approval.   That it would be good to sign one, and hire the other.

What if Steichen didn’t pan out?   What if Richardson had been drafted before the Colts?   Peyton’s choices were him signing off on people the Colts asked for his input. 

I think that was all hear say. 

Would you rather live in New Orleans, Denver, or Indy??? Only Homers like me will say Indy, but most would probly say N.O. over Denver…never been to both but, N.O. Has the big easy/Mardi gras and Denver has hella tweed and skiing! Unfortunately we all know what AL chose after his skiing accident:fear:Just dont know why Peyton is so infatuated with the mile high city!?

no thanks on New Orleans. i'll never understand why people choose to live where it repeatedly floods. 

I do understand those who can't afford to move. But to live there by choice? No thanks

12 hours ago, AKB said:

no thanks on New Orleans. i'll never understand why people choose to live where it repeatedly floods. 

I do understand those who can't afford to move. But to live there by choice? No thanks

Oh, and leading the pack as the murder capital of the world. Crime is rampart. My grandson lives there and had his car stolen in front of his house on a Friday morning at 11 am. Cops took a while to respond as they said they had more important business than car theft. Took over a week to get police report before he could turn into Insuranse company. Denver yeah, New Orleans no.

Peyton lives in Denver so it seems that's his world now. 

I have traveled to both Denver and New Orleans and liked both cities. This was years ago when crime wasn't as bad. I wouldn't want to live in New Orleans but it was wonderful to visit. Maybe would live in Denver, but it wouldn't be my first choice. 

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Google..Manning backs Levis

Google ..Manning backs Callahan.

Peyton is friends with Brian Callahan.  I haven't been able to find that he advocated for the Colts to hire him. 

He also has a relationship with Levis from the passing academy.   He wasn't going to give a negative review of him (if he had one)  The only person I recall peyton ever bad mouthing was Vanderjagt.  He doesn't really do that sort of thing

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Peyton is friends with Brian Callahan.  I haven't been able to find that he advocated for the Colts to hire him. 

He also has a relationship with Levis from the passing academy.   He wasn't going to give a negative review of him (if he had one)  The only person I recall peyton ever bad mouthing was Vanderjagt.  He doesn't really do that sort of thing

I have googled several things. Peyton also said AR has tremendous work ethic and thrives under pressure. I guess that means he likes AR as well. Some read into things and believe what they want and run with it. 

IMO, Peyton has no problems with Indianapolis or Irsay. I have never seen Peyton bad mouth either. He lives in Denver and loves it so that is his home, so it is common sense that he likes the Nuggets and still follows Broncos football a lot.