Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

5 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

It's a business we can't keep dumping money at positions that are cheap fills. RB is the easiest position to get great production at a cheap price. 

I agree, that's why I mentioned someone like Duece Vaughn in the draft as a late round flier. 

6 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

The most important thing for the Colts right now is to get our Oline back up to par without breaking the bank so we can have a chance to let a young QB develope with  good blocking. Run blocking is more important than an elite RB.

That's exactly right, the oline needs to improve and come before anything. If the line sucks, no matter what the QB/RB will as well. 

31 minutes ago, El Potro said:

I agree, that's why I mentioned someone like Duece Vaughn in the draft as a late round flier. 

That's exactly right, the oline needs to improve and come before anything. If the line sucks, no matter what the QB/RB will as well. 

Ballard came to Indy stressing the trenches and it was the best part of his tenure. He does a good job bringing in good talent at fair prices in Free Agency. He drafts well and gets picks. His real downfall is how he allocates money to positions. He gave Hines alot to turn around and let him go. And has overpaid at non premium positions too much. Mixed with a little bad luck with lineman injuries and Smiths regression at T we are in a pickle with talent and oline money. We should get the NWestern Tackle or best C with first pick and land Hooker. We could trade picks around and get a good lineman and Hooker. Even if Hooker doesn't pan out you need a good oline cheaper for future growth.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Ballard came to Indy stressing the trenches and it was the best part of his texture. He does a good job bringing in good talent at fair prices in Free Agency. He drafts well and gets picks. Is real downfall is how he allocates money to positions. He gave Hines alot to turn around and let him go. And has overpaid at non premium positions too much. Mixed with a little bad luck with lineman injuries and Smiths regression at T we are in a pickle with talent and oline money. We should get the NWestern Tackle or best C with first pick and land Hooker. We could trade picks around and get a good lineman and Hooker. Even if Hooker doesn't pan out you need a good oline cheaper for future growth.

I agree on Skoronski. He's the pick I'd make. Paris Johnson Jr would also be fine by me. I'd honestly wait until 2024 to invest heavily at QB. I'm not sold on any of these guys and Drake Maye and Caleb Williams are phenomenal. Michael Penix is also going to coming out next year as well. I'd take any of them over all of these guys this year. That being said I'd still double down and take 2 QBs later in the draft like Stetson Bennett, Tyson Bagent, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, &/or Max Duggan. They should all be available on day 3 of the draft. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

They are really nurturing Banogu. Still dont know why hes not gone yet.

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That makes two of us, or probably most of the forum. :) 

He's unrestricted FA I think. He's currently not tied to the Colts ... 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why would broncos do this? Is Payton trying to sabotage Russ so he can get rid of

Sean Payton already said Russell Wilson had one year to improve or he is cutting him. As far as Jeudy and Sutton go, the Broncos only have 5 draft picks, and none in the first two rounds, so they are looking to gain a top pick and to get Hamler some playing time this year. Tim Patrick is also returning from a torn ACL.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

That seems like a lot for Dulin. 2 years/5 million sounds more like a contract for a role player of sorts

It only makes sense when you realize it says maxes out at $9.2m.     So, his agent got him a nice bump IF he plays a lot at WR and does well.   Then he earns lots of bonus money.   That’s the ONLY way it makes sense to me.    I haven’t seen a breakdown of the incentives,  but I don’t see how else Ashton gets to $9.2?    

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Sean Payton already said Russell Wilson had one year to improve or he is cutting him. As far as Jeudy and Sutton go, the Broncos only have 5 draft picks, and none in the first two rounds, so they are looking to gain a top pick and to get Hamler some playing time this year. Tim Patrick is also returning from a torn ACL.

I don’t think he ever said that - could be wrong 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I don’t think he ever said that - could be wrong 

He did say that. He is willing to take on a lot od dead cap from his contract and draft a new QB if Russell Wilson fails a 2nd year. Sean Payton knew what Russell did with Hackett and he is on a short leash.

34 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

There was a run on OL but Orlando Brown and Isaac Seumalo are still available. 

Word is the league views Orlando Brown as a right tackle. Remember, he was playing right tackle with the Ravens but wanted left tackle money, which is why they traded him to the Chiefs. Chiefs chose another right tackle in Jawaan Taylor to possibly play left tackle for them now that was slightly cheaper ($20 mil. per year as opposed to $25 mil.).

So, unless we are in the market for tackles, Orlando Brown Jr. is a no go. Isaac Seumalo on the other hand, a match made in heaven, given Steichen's familiarity and our pressing need at RG for an instant plug and play guy.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Nearly a half a million viewers waiting to see if Rodgers will say anything LMAO... 

Not me. I think the Jets should sign another QB. They are letting him make the decisions. That is not good for the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm guessing Jeudy would go for a 1st and Hopkins for a 2nd if they were traded. Pick 14 for Jeudy and Pick 46 for Hopkins.

Jeudy hasn't shown much in the NFL so far. Hopkins red zone TD rate and catch rate are still top notch.

Hopkins for a 2nd and a 3rd, a 3rd at tops for Jeudy or a late 2nd. 

• Like 1

Wednesday, March 15

10:48 a.m. Buccaneers finalizing a one-year deal for former Rams quarterback Baker Mayfield, per report.

10:19 a.m. Saints signing former Chiefs defensive tackle Khalen Saunders, per report.

9:54 a.m. Saints will sign former Jets defensive tackle Nathan Shepherd, per report.

9:51 a.m. Eagles plan to release cornerback Darius Slay, per report.

9:29 a.m. Buccaneers will re-sign linebacker Anthony Nelson to a two-year deal, per report.

9:04 a.m. Cowboys preparing to release running back Ezekiel Elliott, per report.

8:57 a.m. Bengals will re-sign running back Trayveon Williams, per report.

8:54 a.m. Patriots will re-sign tackle Riley Reiff, per report.

8:51 a.m. Bills to sign former Saints wide receiver Deonte Harty to a two-year contract, per report.

8:43 a.m. Panthers will sign former Bengals tight end Hayden Hurst to a three-year deal, per report.

8:35 a.m. Packers restructure linebacker De’Vondre Campbell’s contract to create $2.7 million in cap space, per report.

8:35 a.m. Lions restructure deal for EDGE Charles Harris to create $2.8 million in cap space, per report.

8:25 a.m. Texans to release guard A.J. Cann, per report.

8:03 a.m. Jets offer second-round RFA contract tender to edge rusher Bryce Huff, per report.

8:01 a.m. Titans offer second-round RFA contract tender to defensive tackle Teair Tart, per report.

7:40 a.m. Steelers sign former Commanders linebacker Cole Holcomb to three-year deal, per report.

7:34 a.m. Seahawks will not tender RFA linebacker Tanner Muse, making him a free agent, per report.

7:29 a.m. Cowboys offer RFA contract tender to offensive lineman Terence Steele, per report.

7:29 a.m. Packers offer second-round RFA contract tender to offensive lineman Yosh Nijman, per report.

7:18 a.m. Colts re-signing wide receiver Ashton Dulin, per report.

Tuesday, March 14

9:27 p.m. Titans signing former Jaguars defensive end Arden Key to three-year, $21 million deal with up to $24 million, per report.

9:04 p.m. Bears signing former Seahawks running back Travis Homer to two-year deal worth up to of $4.5 million, per report.

9:02 p.m. Vikings working to finalize a deal for former Cardinals cornerback Byron Murphy, per report.

8:48 p.m. Broncos signing former Chiefs fullback Mike Burton to a one-year deal, per report.

8:41 p.m. Chiefs signing former 49ers defensive tackle Charles Omenihu to two-year contract worth up to $20 million, per report.

8:31 p.m. Lions will sign former Bears running back David Montgomery to three-year deal worth $18 million, per report.

8:08 p.m. 49ers restructured contract of linebacker Fred Warner, creating $9.5 million in cap space, per report.

7:59 p.m. Titans will sign former 49ers offensive lineman Daniel Brunskill, per report.

7:52 p.m. Bills restructure contract of wide receiver Stefon Diggs, converting base salary to bonus to create $5.4 million in cap space, per report.

7:24 p.m. Cardinals will re-sign guard Will Hernandez, per report.

7:20 p.m. Vikings re-sign placekicker Greg Joseph, per agent.

7:02 p.m. Raiders will re-sign fullback Jakob Johnson on a one-year deal, per report.

7:00 p.m. Colts will sign former 49ers defensive end Samson Ebukam to three-year, $27 million contract, per report.

6:43 p.m. Ravens will re-sign cornerback Trayvon Mullen to a one-year deal, per report.

6:34 p.m. New England will re-sign safety Jabrill Peppers to a two-year deal, per report.

6:32 p.m. Raiders will sign former Steelers linebacker Robert Spillane to two-year deal worth up to $9 million, per report.

6:23 p.m. Falcons re-signing tackle Kaleb McGary to a three-year, $34.5 million deal, per report.

6:27 p.m. Panthers are expected to host former Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen for his first free-agent team visit on Wednesday, per report.

6:15 p.m. Buccaneers re-signing guard Aaron Stinnie to a one-year deal worth up to $2.5 million, per report.

6:01 p.m. Bills plan to offer RFA contract tender to cornerback Dane Jackson, per report.

5:58 p.m. After retiring in the wake of the team’s Super Bowl win, former Chiefs backup quarterback Chad Henne was contacted by a team that made him an offer to return to the league as a backup. Henne declined the offer, per report.

5:54 p.m. Vikings re-sign long snapper Andrew DePaola reached to three-year, $4 million deal, per report.

5:48 p.m. Chargers releasing starting guard Matt Feiler, per report.

5:29 p.m. Seahawks finalizing a deal to bring back former Packers (and Chiefs) defensive tackle Jarran Reed back to their roster on a two-year deal, per report.

5:22 p.m. Cowboys will re-sign linebacker Leighton Vander Esch to a 2-year deal worth $11 million, per report.

4:55 p.m. Panthers will sign quarterback Andy Dalton to a two-year, $10 million deal worth up to $17 million, per report.

4:45 p.m. Colts will release quarterback Matt Ryan, per report.

4:30 p.m. Eagles re-signing cornerback James Bradberry to a three-year deal worth $38 million, per report.

4:19 p.m. Chiefs offer their tight end Jody Fortson an ERFA contract tender, per report.

4:16 p.m. Broncos to sign former Bengals running back Samaje Perine to a two-year deal, per report.

4:10 p.m. Raiders sign former Texans wide receiver Philip Dorsett, per report.

4:06 p.m. Colts trade cornerback Stephon Gilmore to Cowboys for a 2023 fifth-round comp pick, per report.

4:05 p.m. Steelers bring defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi back with a three-year, $28.75 million deal, per report.

4:05 p.m. Eagles re-sign running back RB Boston Scott to one-year deal worth $2 million, per report.

4:04 p.m. Steelers resign defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi to three-year deal, per report.

3:44 p.m. Giants re-sign running back Matt Breida , per report.

3:32 p.m. Cardinals agree to re-sign placekicker Matt Prater to two-year deal, per report.

3:29 p.m. Commanders announce offering RFA contract tender to running back Jeremy Reaves and releasing running back J.D. McKissic.

3:18 p.m. Jets will sign former Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard to 4-year, $44 million contract, per report.

3:03 p.m. Panthers release guard Pat Elflein, saving $4.8 million in cap space, per report.

3:02 p.m. Texans restructure safety Eric Murray’s contract retain him for 2023, per report.

3:01 p.m. Chargers re-sign right tackle Trey Pipkins to three-year contract, per report.

2:57 p.m. Texans will re-sign edge rusher Derek Rivers to one-year contract, per report.

2:52 p.m. Titans will sign former 49ers linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair, per report.

2:51 p.m. Browns will re-sign linebacker Sione Takitaki to one-year deal worth $2.6 million, per report.

2:47 p.m. Cardinals will sign former Eagles linebacker Kyzir White to sign two-year contract worth up to $11 million, per report.

2:22 p.m. Patriots will sign former Broncos tackle Calvin Anderson to two-year contract, per report.

2:15 p.m. Lions will re-sign defensive lineman John Cominsky to a two-year deal worth up to $9.5 million, per report.

2:12 p.m. Eagles agree to terms with former Seahawks running back Rashaad Penny, per report.

1:54 p.m. Lions signing former 49ers cornerback Emmanuel Moseley to one-year, $6 million contract, per report.

1:25 p.m. Giants finalizing a trade to acquire Raiders tight Darren Waller with third-round pick acquired from Chiefs in trade for Kadarius Toney, per report.

1:24 p.m. Dolphins re-signing running back Jeff Wilson to a two-year deal for as much as $8.2 million, per report.

12:58 p.m. 49ers will re-sign center Jake Brendel to a 4-year contract, per report.

12:56 p.m. Steelers will sign former Jets guard Nate Herbig to a two-year deal worth $8 million, per report.

12:55 p.m. Steelers will re-sign safety Damontae Kazee to two-year deal, per report.

12:52 p.m. Vikings agree to re-sign center Garrett Bradbury, per report.

12:42 p.m. Saints expected to re-sign wide receiver Michael Thomas to an incentive-laden one-year deal, per report.

11:39 a.m. Vikings doing a cap conversion on quarterback Kirk Cousins’ contract to create more salary-cap room, per report.

11:26 a.m. Patriots extend right-of-first-refusal RFA contract tender to defensive back Myles Bryant, per report.

11:21 a.m. Jaguars re-sign safety Andrew Wingard to a three-year contract, per report.

11:21 a.m. Raiders will re-sign tackle Brandon Parker to a one-year deal s worth up to $4 million, per report.

11:16 a.m. Panthers will not extend RFA contract tender to defensive back Myles Hartsfield, making him a free agent, per report.

10:59 a.m. Texans will sign former Cowboys wide receiver Noah Brown to a one-year deal, per report.

10:49 a.m. Seahawks to release defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson, per report.

10:45 a.m. Jets to re-sign placekicker Greg Zuerlein to 1-year deal worth up to $3.4 million, per report.

10:35 a.m. Following trade for Shaq Mason, Texans are releasing starting right guard A.J. Caan, per report.

10:08 a.m. Dolphins re-signing running back Raheem Mostert to two-year, $5.6 million contract, per report.

10:02 a.m. Jets (and two other teams) are negotiating with former Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard, per report.

9:54 a.m. Jets will not tender RFA wide receiver Jeff Smith, making him a free agent — per report.

9:32 a.m. Commanders will sign former Seahawks linebacker Cody Barton to a one-year deal worth at least $3.5 million, per report.

9:24 a.m. Cowboys will re-sign safety Donovan Wilson to a three-year deal worth up to $24 million, per report.

8:56 a.m. The Raiders are signing former Patriots wide receiver Jakobi Meyers to a three-year deal worth $33M, per report.

8:46 a.m. Eagles and center Jason Kelce agree on one-year, $14.3 million contract, per report.

8:45 a.m. Buccaneers are trading guard Shaq Mason to the Texans, per report.

8:09 a.m. Chargers are signing former Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks to two-year contract worth $13.25M, per report.

7:55 a.m. Vikings expected to re-sign backup quarterback Nick Mullens, per report.

7:12 a.m. Falcons are signing former Commanders quarterback Taylor Heinicke, per report.

Information from previous days at the end of the article

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Rodgers has clarified he IS playing and IS going to New York. 

Oh yeah? I'm tempted to listen to sports talk radio. I stopped listening after the Patriots won their last Super Bowl. I did not want to hear people on the radio gushing about them. 

• Like 1