Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NCAA Basketball

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No love for the Butler Bulldogs? 

I like them. I’m pretty much a supporter of any Indiana team personally. Most of my

family has gone to one of the several universities in the state between Ball State, IU, Purdue, Norte Dame, Butler and Indiana State. I also support UC and Dayton because of close cousins who attended there. 

And I was a huge Indiana State fan for a time due to our local hometown hero Michael Menser. His mom was my math teacher years ago, such an awesome family!

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ever since Brad Stevens left they haven't been any good. They were finalist in 2010 and 2011

That was so tough to watch them be so close…

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I like them. I’m pretty much a supporter of any Indiana team personally. Most of my

family has gone to one of the several universities in the state between Ball State, IU, Purdue, Norte Dame, Butler and Indiana State. I also support UC and Dayton because of close cousins who attended there. 

And I was a huge Indiana State fan for a time due to our local hometown hero Michael Menser. His mom was my math teacher years ago, such an awesome family!

That was so tough to watch them be so close…

That's great! I loved undergraduate school despite my school not having competitive sports. (They now have a Div. 1 basketball team that made the tournament once.) Had my parents been more open to our moving farther away for school, Notre Dame would have been a popular choice in the family. It is probably better that I stayed in-state (in NY), as I traveled back home frequently. I would not have been able to do that if I went to school too much farther away. My older sister did go to school in the city of Pittsburgh, PA. She liked it. 

Today, with Zoom/Teams/Duo/etc. I would not have needed to return home frequently. Oh well. :)

Enjoy the games today!

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That's great! I loved undergraduate school despite my school not having competitive sports. (They now have a Div. 1 basketball team that made the tournament once.) Had my parents been more open to our moving farther away for school, Notre Dame would have been a popular choice in the family. It is probably better that I stayed in-state (in NY), as I traveled back home frequently. I would not have been able to do that if I went to school too much farther away. My older sister did go to school in the city of Pittsburgh, PA. She liked it. 

Today, with Zoom/Teams/Duo/etc. I would not have needed to return home frequently. Oh well. :)

Enjoy the games today!

Thanks! I’m actually building a chicken coup today lol, so I’ll probably be listening in but not watching. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Thanks! I’m actually building a chicken coup today lol, so I’ll probably be listening in but not watching. 

I am making a huge pot of home made Potato Soup. Milk, Butter, Broth, Celery, Garlic, and Pepper. Sinuses are bother me, that Garlic and Pepper will clear me out. Getting ready to watch Kentucky, they have a tough game today vs Kansas St.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am making a huge pot of home made Potato Soup. Milk, Butter, Broth, Celery, Garlic, and Pepper. Sinuses are bother me, that Garlic and Pepper will clear me out. Getting ready to watch Kentucky, they have a tough game today vs Kansas St.

Delicious! We add cayenne pepper to ours for a little kick. 

K State is very good, when you have an elite Point and big men you always have a shot,amazing what Tang did since being hired last March when all but 2 players left the program so he brought in 10 transfers and meshed them together (Tang helped lead Baylor to their national title,guy can coach).

Like everyone else, my bracket is not great.   I do have Alabama vs UCLA in the final game so all is not lost.

Today I am rooting for Michigan State, Florida Atlantic and Gonzaga (even though they are playing UCLA).  

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not looking good for Gonzaga, this tournament sucks a big bag of butt!

I disagree.  i think it has been good with lots of competitive games.  Last night was no exception.  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Gonzaga won so I agree now lmao 

I don't bet enough on sports to influence my thoughts on sports.   So I go off of upsets and good games to make my judgment if the tourney is good or not.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't bet enough on sports to influence my thoughts on sports.   So I go off of upsets and good games to make my judgment if the tourney is good or not.

From an average person looking on that has no dogs in the fight, this has been a great tournament. So I see that side of it. Gonzaga saved my butt last night.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

From an average person looking on that has no dogs in the fight, this has been a great tournament. So I see that side of it. Gonzaga saved my butt last night.

This certainly isn't the best Gonzaga team, but Timme is pretty impressive.   I live in Spokane now so of course they get lots of publicity.   It's fun to see them find a way to win.

On the other hand I really don't want to see Alabama or Houston in the final.  

24 minutes ago, gspdx said:

This certainly isn't the best Gonzaga team, but Timme is pretty impressive.   I live in Spokane now so of course they get lots of publicity.   It's fun to see them find a way to win.

On the other hand I really don't want to see Alabama or Houston in the final.  

I'd be OK with Houston but not Alabama. San Diego State is giving Bama a run right now. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had Purdue as a local team, but they laid an egg.  

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'd be OK with Houston but not Alabama. San Diego State is giving Bama a run right now. 

I had Purdue as a local team, but they laid an egg.  

Not a fan of Sampson.  He shouldn't even be coaching.

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am doing good in this tournament with the exception of Purdue and Indiana screwing me. Games wise my record is good. I still have my finalist alive Gonzaga and Alabama, if either of them lose then I will just throw my bracket away homer simpson episode 3 GIF

The Aztecs of San Diego State have wrecked your bracket!

Screenshot_20230324-205859_ESPN.jpg

Florida Atlantic was impressive in beating Kansas State.   I was happy to see that.   Kansas state only had 2 players from last year.  They picked up 10 players from other schools through the easy transfer program.  So they stole 10 players from other schools.  I really don't like how this has become the way for larger schools to build their teams. 

The late game was a dud.  UCONN had control the whole game.   I didn't even watch midway through the second half.  

Todays games may be good, we will see.   San Diego State/Creighton.  Not sure who I want to win.   Miami/Texas, I think I'm pulling for Miami, but not in a big way.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:19 PM, Lancer1 said:

They are, and Miami is ahead of #1 Seed Houston by double digits with about 2 & a half minutes to play!

I had Alabama vs UCLA in the final.   My brackets is done. 

On 2/3/2023 at 1:17 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Think this may be the year a mid major breaks all the way through. Louisiana slipping under the radar with Arizona transfer Jordan Brown playing some great ball in the Sun Belt. FAU was playing very good up until tonite. Dayton has been spotty with injuries but at full strength they are very very good. 

Well there it is,a mid Major locked into the National Title game, FAU vs SD St will be a battle......

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Miami beats Texas to advance to the Final Four, I almost wish they were playing FAU in the next game, that would guarantee that a Florida based team would play in the National Championship game.

Yep we are loving hoops down here in the Sunshine state right now,maybe it will e for all the marbles. I expect UCONN /Miami to be high scoring and FAU/SD state a low scoring physical slugfest.

13 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Yep we are loving hoops down here in the Sunshine state right now,maybe it will e for all the marbles. I expect UCONN /Miami to be high scoring and FAU/SD state a low scoring physical slugfest.

SDSU's defense has been keeping the games close enough to allow them to win late.

On 3/17/2023 at 10:38 PM, chad72 said:

Both Arizona and Virginia messed up one fourth of my bracket 

I had Virginia, Kentucky, Houston and UConn in Final Four. It’s a crap shoot anyways :) 

I had UConn winning it all in my bracket with the above as my Final Four. Like most, you are lucky if you have 1 out of the 4 Final Four right, lol :) 

Archived