Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NCAA Basketball

It is near tournament time so I thought a thread was needed.

Purdue plays a pretty tough Penn State team tonight.

My thoughts on Purdue are that Edey is amazing and probably the best player in NCAA right now.   I don't think there is much after him on the Purdue team.  No solid #2.  Loyer and Smith are good but they couldn't win a tough game.  So if Edey has a bad game, they are beatable.  Not sure double teaming him will work.  He's 7'4 and could still catch and shoot.   

Purdue plays IU on Saturday.  I hope Edey brings his A game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Purdue looked good against Penn State yesterday.  Penn tried double teaming Edey all game.  Gillis was left open and shot 9/12 from 3 point range.   He had a career game and Edey still had 18 points and 13 rebounds.  

Think this may be the year a mid major breaks all the way through. Louisiana slipping under the radar with Arizona transfer Jordan Brown playing some great ball in the Sun Belt. FAU was playing very good up until tonite. Dayton has been spotty with injuries but at full strength they are very very good. 

5 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Think this may be the year a mid major breaks all the way through. Louisiana slipping under the radar with Arizona transfer Jordan Brown playing some great ball in the Sun Belt. FAU was playing very good up until tonite. Dayton has been spotty with injuries but at full strength they are very very good. 

Dayton has a rich history for a mid major.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 10:00 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Oral Roberts looking very good now 9 in a row to move to 22-4 with a vet point guard and 7'5 center.  2nd in the nation in scoring,maybe another sweet 16 run like in 2021 ?

Oral Roberts now up to 17 in a row, Louisiana and FAU punched their tickets with conference tournament titles as I expected. Big game for Dayton vs VCU in A10 title tilt, Dayton is big and long and athletic but can also play sloppy and out of control.

This year is the most wide open I have ever seen it. Kansas and UCLA both lost yesterday proving anyone is beatable on any given day. IU swept Purdue this year as well. This tournament is a crapshoot, there are no dominant teams. Teams like Duke, Gonzaga, and Kentucky are nowhere near what they once were either. Kentucky may not even make it in??

The bracket is set. 

Purdue 1 in the East regional and IU 4 in the Midwest regional. 

On 3/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This year is the most wide open I have ever seen it. Kansas and UCLA both lost yesterday proving anyone is beatable on any given day. IU swept Purdue this year as well. This tournament is a crapshoot, there are no dominant teams. Teams like Duke, Gonzaga, and Kentucky are nowhere near what they once were either. Kentucky may not even make it in??

I agree. It's going to be upset central all over the place this year. Kentucky did make it, but it's the region from hell. They'll play a motivated Providence to start things off. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The bracket is set. 

Purdue 1 in the East regional and IU 4 in the Midwest regional. 

I agree. It's going to be upset central all over the place this year. Kentucky did make it, but it's the region from hell. They'll play a motivated Providence to start things off. 

My Final 4:

Alabama

Purdue

Indiana

Gonzaga

- I am going with some underdogs = Indiana and Gonzaga. It is so wide open why not. Yes KY got in and easier than I thought.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My Final 4:

Alabama

Purdue

Indiana

Gonzaga

- I am going with some underdogs = Indiana and Gonzaga. It is so wide open why not. Yes KY got in and easier than I thought.

Never fails that Kansas ends up with a 1. I don't know why, but I've never been a Kansas fan lol. Don't like the state, don't like the teams... 

Indiana teams repping in the final 4 would be nice. 

21 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Never fails that Kansas ends up with a 1. I don't know why, but I've never been a Kansas fan lol. Don't like the state, don't like the teams... 

Indiana teams repping in the final 4 would be nice. 

Texas smoked Kansas the other day. Texas could make the Final 4. Indiana has some very winnable games if they bring their A game. They even swept Purdue this year.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Texas smoked Kansas the other day. Texas could make the Final 4. Indiana has some very winnable games if they bring their A game. They even swept Purdue this year.

Virginia and U.Conn are both dark horses to me and could make the Final 4, IMO.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just not picking Indiana for the Final 4 because they are from here, I think their bracket gives them a decent shot at it. To me the 2 best teams are Purdue and Alabama. Houston's best player is injured and UCLA is also dealing with injuries.

Purdue has to be thankful IU is not in the same region. 

Been on Oral Roberts a long time and now they get Duke with all eyes on them,Connor Vanover 7'5 could become a media darling.

Louisiana has Tennessee they could pull that off,match up well 

Would love a mid major to pull it off...

I have Arizona over Gonzaga in finals with Purdue and Xavier as my other Final 4. 

Ive rarely seen a 2 seed get so little love from all the media but this club is strong at all 5 starting spots and they have two 7 footers who are legit and a point guard who is elite. 

On 3/14/2023 at 3:26 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Been on Oral Roberts a long time and now they get Duke with all eyes on them,Connor Vanover 7'5 could become a media darling.

Louisiana has Tennessee they could pull that off,match up well 

Would love a mid major to pull it off...

I have Arizona over Gonzaga in finals with Purdue and Xavier as my other Final 4. 

Ive rarely seen a 2 seed get so little love from all the media but this club is strong at all 5 starting spots and they have two 7 footers who are legit and a point guard who is elite. 

Arizona really screwed you. I did not have them going to the Final 4 but that was 1 of my 2 losses yesterday. I have Bama, Purdue, Indiana, and Gonzaga for my Final 4.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Arizona really screwed you. I did not have them going to the Final 4 but that was 1 of my 2 losses yesterday. I have Bama, Purdue, Indiana, and Gonzaga for my Final 4.

Both Arizona and Virginia messed up one fourth of my bracket 

I had Virginia, Kentucky, Houston and UConn in Final Four. It’s a crap shoot anyways :) 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Purdue screwed me. What was that crap show lol. I still went 11-5 today but only have 3 of my final 4 picks left. So far through 2 days I am 25-7. Purdue's loss today was probably the biggest upset of all-time in college history. Embarrassing.

Purdue got me good last night, at least I didn't have them winning it all. I had Alabama over Gonzaga. I had Purdue losing to Bama in the Final 4. Hey Indiana won last night, maybe Matt Painter can take a lesson from Mike Woodson and quit choking every damn year in the tournament. I think Painter should be fired.

Princeton won again, this time by double digits. @IinD :applause:

I see that Kansas lost by a point. Coach Bill Self reportedly missed the game with a medical condition. 

I don't know most of these coaches. I know Bill Self. I'm watching Texas. I know neither of these coaches. The last time I watched college BB, I think Shaka Smart was the head coach at Texas. I see he is at Marquette. 

My favorite coach now is Tom Izzo. The guy just wins. 

May the best small school team win. :)

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Princeton won again, this time by double digits. @IinD :applause:

I see that Kansas lost by a point. Coach Bill Self reportedly missed the game with a medical condition. 

I don't know most of these coaches. I know Bill Self. I'm watching Texas. I know neither of these coaches. The last time I watched college BB, I think Shaka Smart was the head coach at Texas. I see he is at Marquette. 

My favorite coach now is Tom Izzo. The guy just wins. 

May the best small school team win. :)

So far I am 32-8 heading into Sundays games. 80% winnings.

Day 1 = 14-2

Day 2 = 11-5

On Saturday I went 7-1, I actually picked Princeton today lol. KANSAS was my only loss.

I still have 3 of my 4 Final 4 picks in it, in Bama, Gonzaga, and Indiana. Purdue is out was my other Final 4 pick.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:17 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Pulling for FAU who Ive had an eye on for a long time,small school underdog squad who has punched above their weight all year. Who would have thought they would be 15 pt favorites to make the Sweet 16 ?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Day 1 = 14-2

Day 2 = 11-5

On Saturday I went 7-1, I actually picked Princeton today lol. KANSAS was my only loss.

I still have 3 of my 4 Final 4 picks in it, in Bama, Gonzaga, and Indiana. Purdue is out was my other Final 4 pick.

I can only imagine how Purdue fans will feel if IU manages to get to the final four. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Day 1 = 14-2

Day 2 = 11-5

I see Indiana is playing Miami. Now, I know those two coaches. There are so many that I had never heard of. 

Bob Huggins is still going strong? When I used to follow college basketball closely, Huggins used to coach Cincinnati. He was a very good coach. 

I see that Nova did not do so well this year without my favorite coach this year. He retired from coaching too early in life. He is only 61!  I just read that he is now working with CBS. It is good to see that he is still involved in the sport. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I see Indiana is playing Miami. Now, I know those two coaches. There are so many that I had never heard of. 

Bob Huggins is still going strong? When I used to follow college basketball closely, Huggins used to coach Cincinnati. He was a very good coach. 

I see that Nova did not do so well this year without my favorite coach this year. He retired from coaching too early in life. He is only 61!  I just read that he is now working with CBS. It is good to see that he is still involved in the sport. 

Clooney is on CBS doing pre-game and post game talk :D. When it comes to Indiana and Purdue, when I was a kid in the 80's and even throughout the 90's, Indiana and Purdue was a huge rivalry. You either liked one or the other and hated the one you didn't like. That has really changed though over the last 10 years in most peoples eyes. There are still some that feel that way but I don't. I grew up an IU basketball fan and hated Purdue but now I root for both teams if the other is having a bad year, I have friends like that now too. I guess it would be a bad look in diehard Purdue's fans eyes if Indiana went to the Final 4 considering Purdue was the team many picked to win it all.

Regarding Huggins, he has made the Final 4 before and still coaching but he got eliminated by Maryland on Thursday. Huggy Bear wasn't happy lol.

Archived