Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh to jump to NFL?

BProland85

Just now, EastStreet said:

If you had unrealistic expectations, maybe. 

I don't. Never did. 

Nobody wants Frank back. Sorry.... lol... it's not connected. Regardless how hard you want try to connect... 

Who said we want frank back? Please show me. No one’s saying that. You keep making that up. 

And you knew we would have two of the worst Q4 performances ever?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Who said we want frank back? Please show me. No one’s saying that. You keep making that up. 

And you knew we would have two of the worst Q4 performances ever?

lol.. you just said you'd prefer that we'd had kept Frank. 

it's not connected... Frank was bad. 1H of the season was bad. The 2H of the season was bad too. 

I'm looking forward to a new HC, and the draft. I'm not enraged. Ready for the new chapter, and have realistic expectations for 23. 

Have fun!

42 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not worried about Jim paying. I'd be more concerned with control that Jim would want. 

That’s what worries me, I think Jim should let someone else take control and just be an owner.

lol.. you just said you'd prefer that we'd had kept Frank. 

it's not connected... Frank was bad. 1H of the season was bad. The 2H of the season was bad too. 

I'm looking forward to a new HC, and the draft. I'm not enraged. Ready for the new chapter, and have realistic expectations for 23. 

Have fun!

I said kept frank to the end of the season.

I can only explain it to you. I cant understand it for you.

3 minutes ago, Moe said:

That’s what worries me, I think Jim should let someone else take control and just be an owner.

It would be interesting to understand Jim's vision for the future.

I don't think JI is ready to semi-retire. But I do believe he'll explore other models. 

I could see Saturday in a FO role, like a president role. Still not writing him off for HC either. 

But he'll need to let go some of control if he really wants Payton or JH. 

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I said kept frank to the end of the season.

I can only explain it to you. I cant understand it for you.

Most wanted him gone now.. Very few wanted him kept to the end of season.

Can't explain eval to you, I tried.. lol... 

Again, not connected... 

Most wanted him gone now.. Very few wanted him kept to the end of season.

Can't explain eval to you, I tried.. lol... 

Again, not connected... 

And all fans didn’t want to be the laughing stock we’ve become. That was my point.

Ah yes the infamous “We fired frank so Jeff could evaluate but kept all the things Frank did in place and changed virtually nothing” theory.

We talked about this and you got all mad and rage quit lol

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

And all fans didn’t want to be the laughing stock we’ve become. That was my point.

Ah yes the infamous “We fired frank so Jeff could evaluate but kept all the things Frank did in place and changed virtually nothing” theory.

We talked about this and you got all mad and rage quit lol

Mad, rage? lol...

No, didn't get mad, or rage. 

Just no need to continue.

If you can't understand why you can't change scheme in mid season, no reason to debate. 

Have fun! 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

This narrative that Irsay is a meddlesome owner is not entirely true.  When he has competent people in place he let's them do their job. Some may not like his methods but he is not one to sit back and do nothing about a sinking ship.

I’m not opposed to owners exerting their influence provided it doesn’t make things worse and there is a very real tangible gain from getting involved. Frank needed to go but mid season, what did that get us? 

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

I’m not opposed to owners exerting their influence provided it doesn’t make things worse and there is a very real tangible gain from getting involved. Frank needed to go but mid season, what did that get us? 

That has yet to be determined.  

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

He owns the team.   He can do what he wants.   What's the issue??

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yes, can't comprehend your logic... 

Like I asked you (you ignored), please name any team that changed scheme at mid season... crickets... 

Have fun!

I’ve never once said that matters. You prop that up like it does. You said that we had to keep the scheme the same. Ok. Then why get rid of frank mid season? What did that gain us? Nothing. It was a pointless move.

2 hours ago, joeb said:

I'd like to add something to this topic. Slightly off topic. Jim Harbaugh is/was making 6.5 million at Michigan. I would assume he wants to leave for more money in the Nfl. On this note the Colts still owe Frank Reich 36 mil. 9 mil. per year until 2026. I'm thinking Harbaugh will get something similar from whoever. You can't say Irsay is cheap. He wants to win bad. Would i have dumped Reich. Yes, i think i would have.

This is actually a good point because this was discussed recently at the annual Owner’s meeting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35271981/sources-nfl-teams-spent-800m-fired-coaches-execs-last-5-years

$800 million in what is essentially “dead” money on HCs and front office executives.  Frank will get $9 million annually for the next 3 years. So if you Bring in Harbaugh for let’s say $8 million a year, you’d be paying roughly $17 million a year for two coaches. And if you fire Ballard as well, that’s another couple million in dead money that Irsay would have to pay. You have to wonder if it would be worth it at that point. Because I’m convinced that a Harbaugh hire would mean that Ballard would have to walk.

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Amusement and entertainment. 

I was getting ready to clock out, but after Saturday was hired, I watched every game after. 

As far as Harbaugh, I would love it. Don't think we are his only option though, and don't think we will be his first choice. Also people need to realize if we do get him Ballard is gone. He will want GM and HC duties. 

As far as Irsay I get it he is not being replaced lol, he has been a solid owner, lately however his decisions have been erratic and controversial. I also don't understand the need for so many here to defend a Billionaire who inherited his fortune, did literally nothing for it. Has a history of being a little unstable.

Is it just because he is the owner of the team you love? It just seems like no matter what happens some will choose to back him over all else and I dont get it.

I’ve never once said that matters. You prop that up like it does. You said that we had to keep the scheme the same. Ok. Then why get rid of frank mid season? What did that gain us? Nothing. It was a pointless move.

ignore... pivot again... crickets... 

lol

tickets sold out for 22

tickets will sell out for 23

Which was precisely what many said. It was a PR move. But will it be worth it if we struggle to attract a good head coach?

If we struggle to find a good coach, it will have nothing to do with firing Frank mid season and hiring Saturday. Firing coaches mid season is common, just not from Irsay. And hiring Jeff, well, he is just an interim head coach. 

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

Irsay gave a LOT of control to Polian

I think he gives it to JH, without a blip

I think a lot of people forget this. 

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

As far as Harbaugh, I would love it. Don't think we are his only option though, and don't think we will be his first choice. Also people need to realize if we do get him Ballard is gone. He will want GM and HC duties. 

As far as Irsay I get it he is not being replaced lol, he has been a solid owner, lately however his decisions have been erratic and controversial. I also don't understand the need for so many here to defend a Billionaire who inherited his fortune, did literally nothing for it. Has a history of being a little unstable.

Is it just because he is the owner of the team you love? It just seems like no matter what happens some will choose to back him over all else and I dont get it.

So he inherited his team? So what? 

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

If we struggle to find a good coach, it will have nothing to do with firing Frank mid season and hiring Saturday. Firing coaches mid season is common, just not from Irsay. And hiring Jeff, well, he is just an interim head coach. 

I think a lot of people forget this. 

How can you be so sure? We need work. The raiders struggled mightily with getting quality talent at coach.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Also ignore. Also pivot lol

Attendance trackers would beg to differ.

attendance drops for losing teams. not a mystery.

tickets will sell out. 

Irsay did what he wanted to do... Very few wanted Frank back.

And it (firing Frank mid season) won't matter with a new coach. 

10 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Amusement and entertainment. 

I was getting ready to clock out, but after Saturday was hired, I watched every game after. 

Same here. 

Tuned in to see if OL improved, and watch the rook development. 

And entertained from the drama and possible changes. 

20 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

A new franchise qb hopefully

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

attendance drops for losing teams. not a mystery.

tickets will sell out. 

Irsay did what he wanted to do... Very few wanted Frank back.

And it (firing Frank mid season) won't matter with a new coach. 

I know they do. That was the point of my statement. You said we sold out this year. Attendance trackers proved that wrong.

It will matter if top talent won’t come to the colts. Hope I’m wrong but no one knows yet. Right now all we have to show is really bad football.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly.  That's what fans do. Keeping a cool head is the key.  haha

We all have emotional attachment.

But realistic/unrealistic expectations (and extent) is key. 

After seeing our OL, and team, in the first couple games, my expectations changed. Frank was on the hot seat, the OL was bad, and Ryan wasn't mobile. Wasn't waiting for a miracle. 

Just now, Stephen said:

I think who we choose as our next coach will greatly impact who our next qb is

I agree.  There is still the championship NCAA game, the Senior Bowl and the combine left. There will be players moving up and down the ratings.  Fun times ahead. 

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

I know they do. That was the point of my statement. You said we sold out this year. Attendance trackers proved that wrong.

It will matter if top talent won’t come to the colts. Hope I’m wrong but no one knows yet. Right now all we have to show is really bad football.

lol...

Attendance is not the same as ticket sales.

tickets were already sold out... 

And you'd be wrong anyway with attendance...

Indy's attendance for 22 is 104.5%... And #2 in the NFL...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Enjoy

14 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Irsay gave a LOT of control to Polian

I think he gives it to JH, without a blip

If JH really wants it all he will give it to him.  Not sure he really does though.  If he thinks he can work with a GM he might not want all of the other responsibilities.

Archived