Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans fire GM

Restinpeacesweetchloe

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

lol Kevin 

Kevin thinks Ballard should be fired, but also believes he would have a job on a better team 10 minutes later.  That should tell you something.

And yes, Ballard would have another job in 10 minutes.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, the moves Howie Roseman of the Eagles has made:

1. Gets a first rounder for Wentz (robbery)
  2. Gets A J Brown with a first rounder
  3. Gets a future first rounder from Saints for Chris Olave, which could be a Top 10 pick now
  4. Now Jon Robinson is fired and Wentz is MIA everywhere while Eagles are a strong SB contender

Every time I see the Eagles fan site, it is that they are either gloating about the picks they have amassed or the moves that have worked out at the expense of other teams  or tracking their first round pick (Colts, then Saints on a "weekly" basis in 2021 and now in 2022). I have not seen a site more pre-occupied with other teams' misery as much as the Eagles site is. 

Eagles fans make it hard to like their team. Must be a good last 2 years to be an Eagles fan, I guess, and on the contrary it is contrasted by our gradual failures the last 2 years. :) 

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

That's what happens when you trade A.J flipping Brown. What a dingus

Sorry to interrupt this opinion fest with some facts….    

But KC, a very well run franchise,  traded Tyreke Hill, and Green Bay, another well run franchise, traded Devonte Adams and Baltimore, yet another well run franchise, traded Hollywood Brown.  

That's four good franchises who elected to trade a highly paid wide receiver. 

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not only that. Luck never had anyone in this atmosphere like Tannehill has had in Henry. 

Luck also didn’t have as good an offensive line nor as good of a defense.  The list of things Luck didn’t have until 2018 was very disappointing.   A real shame. 

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think this was totally due to trading Brown.   The Titans played the Eagles Sunday and lost.  Brown had over 100 yards and 2 TD's.  I think if the Titans won that game, Robinson would still be employed.

I agree.  Talk about an owner overreacting!  I'll take Irsay over that guy.

33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  Talk about an owner overreacting!  I'll take Irsay over that guy.

It was more than A J Brown. Lots of OL picks in the first 3 rounds haven’t panned out for them as well. It definitely was a power struggle between HC and GM and they were not in sync on a lot of things, it seemed like.

Like @NewColtsFanpointed out, Chiefs, Packers, Ravens all traded their No.1 WRs and the GMs and HCs were in sync with the moves for those.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

It was more than A J Brown. Lots of OL picks in the first 3 rounds haven’t panned out for them as well. It definitely was a power struggle between HC and GM and they were not in sync on a lot of things, it seemed like.

Like @NewColtsFanpointed out, Chiefs, Packers, Ravens all traded their No.1 WRs and the GMs and HCs were in sync with the moves for those.

The owners of those teams were in sync with those moves.  The owner of the Titans was not obviously.  Watching your former player torch your team was too much for him to take it appears.

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The owners of those teams were in sync with those moves.  The owner of the Titans was not obviously.  Watching your former player torch your team was too much for him to take it appears.

It was Amy Adams that made the move to fire Mike Mularkey after a playoff win to hire Mike Vrabel. It is the same Amy Adams that felt "good wasn't enough" in this case too.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

But KC, a very well run franchise,  traded Tyreke Hill, and Green Bay, another well run franchise, traded Devonte Adams and Baltimore, yet another well run franchise, traded Hollywood Brown.  

All very different situations. Mahomes and Kelce were already making a lot of money. Hill 30 a year was too much. Brown and Adams did not wanna be there as both Green Bay and Baltimore wanted them back and they both said no.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Also Adams took less money to go to the Raiders 

A definite upgrade over ballard. But paying a new.HC, probably Saturday, paying the rest of Reich's contract, hiring and paying a new GM and paying Ballard the rest on his contract will probably be more than what Irsay willing to go. 

The cheapest way out is hire Saturday who won't demand a premium contract and keep ballard. 

We're not winning anytime soon so no reason to splurge on better personnel lol.

Those extensions weren't smart.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:57 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I know you are referring to last off-season but when I read your comment, it reminded me of when the Vikings traded Stefon Diggs. Thankfully we drafted Justin Jefferson with the draft pick that we received for Diggs. The trade worked out for both teams.  

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/titans-head-coach-mike-vrabel-says-firing-gm-jon-robinson-wasnt-a-decision-that-included-me-193304786.html

"Vrabel downplayed, brushed aside or denied any insinuations that he played a role in Robinson's firing."

Adam's felt like they have no chance at winning the SB. According to CBS radio, she was unhappy with the QB play and Brown being traded.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Adam's felt like they have no chance at winning the SB. According to CBS radio, she was unhappy with the QB play and Brown being traded.

I think that was a bad move unless there were other reasons that are not being shared. If he is fired for not winning, then most GMs should be too. It comes across as a panic move.

Continuity and stability are not valued enough.  With the information we have been told, there was no plausible reason to fire this GM. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I think that was a bad move unless there were other reasons that are not being shared. If he is fired for not winning, then most GMs should be too. It comes across as a panic move.

Continuity and stability are not valued enough.  With the information we have been told, there was no plausible reason to fire this GM. 

There is probably more too it. I am just going by what a couple of hosts were reporting at CBS. She wasn't happy with the QB situation and I guess she was upset when Brown got traded. As the owner she could have blocked the trade, so who knows.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Aaron Rodgers to the Titans, I have been saying it for a while. :) 

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously?    That’s your takeaway?   

That’s the best you can come up with? 

How pitiful. 

I am sure he was being sarcastic hence my Homer post.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Words cannot describe the stupidity in that comment. I'm not calling you stupid but the comment sure is.  

He had to be being sarcastic. Maybe not??

Archived