Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans fire GM


Restinpeacesweetchloe
 Share

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That's what happens when you trade A.J flipping Brown. What a dingus

 

Yep. I never understood that after getting the #1 seed in the AFC last year. Unless you believed Tannehill was like Mahomes and the offense would still keep humming, which he is not and neither is their play caller named Andy Reid. Not to mention they still have an elite TE in Kelce.

 

The Belichick ways of winning with WRs not worth much in the early 2000s are gone, Ds like the 2013 Seahawks and 2015 Broncos don't come around often. You need an elite TE or WR in your corps to win a SB, period. Gronk, Kelce, Hill, Kupp etc. You need that star power at WR that makes things easier for everyone else, period. Ballard can deflect his OL failures on the media "you guys wanted me to get WR....ridiculous blah, blah, blah" all he wants. The fact of the matter is we are littered with #2 and #3 WRs and it is hard to win in this league without that 1 star guy to catch passes. Tee Higgins of the Bengals could be a #1 on many teams including ours.

 

But if you compare his record to Ballard, it puts Ballard's record to shame. The Titans had just one winning season and no playoff appearances between 2009-2015. Since Jon Robinson took over, they are about to have our 7th winning season in a row, 3rd straight division title, and 5 playoff appearances in 6 seasons. They sure have higher standards.

 

 Go back to the Mike Mularkey firing before Mike Vrabel was brought in as the head coach. The Titans made the playoffs that year, but the owner saw that they had reached Mularkey’s ceiling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Uh. Wow. Looks like the Titans made one heckuva smart move here.

 

They're now at the front of the line for prospective candidates: Lucrative franchise with an established winning head coach, fabulous defense, and high potential offense. 

 

In fact, I would not mind to hire Jon Robinson here. There is no #1 WR to trade here :)  and we would have missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. Revenge against the Titans, building a more physical team on the DL, he gets all those things done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

In fact, I would not mind to hire Jon Robinson here. There is no #1 WR to trade here :)  and we would have missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. Revenge against the Titans, building a more physical team on the DL, he gets all those things done. 

What the hey... You're right. His entire vision and focus was to design and build a team that beat us. And he went out and did it. No Super Bowls, but a nice handful of division titles. With us, he'd build a team specifically created to beat the Titans. At least we'd be relevant in our division again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we fire Ballard, he will probably get hired by the Titans and he will make Tannehill look like Andrew Luck and they will win it all chuckling homer simpson GIF

 

I doubt it. He will fill their roster with RAS athletes and underachieving DL as time goes on. He will build good depth though.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Imagine Jon and Chris swapping places

 

Might be a win-win situation. Ballard doesn't have to evaluate DL since their depth is great there and just needs to hit on a few skill positions, if he can. Jon would bring talent with more physicality to the Colts and get a coach that will do it for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Uh. Wow. Looks like the Titans made one heckuva smart move here.

 

They're now at the front of the line for prospective candidates: Lucrative franchise with an established winning head coach, fabulous defense, and high potential offense. 

Perfect for Ballard if Irsay fires him.  That’s why he won’t. I think Ballard’s job just became more secure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Tannehill sure catches allot of heck from people on here.   He owns the Colts and keeps winning the division.   He's not elite, but he is a good QB who has a 36-17 record with the Titans.   

Yeah but when Luck owned the Titans where he was 6-0 against them and started his career 33-15, Luck caught flack too when we won the division in 2013 and 2014. So why shouldn't Tannehill? We couldn't beat Tom Brady and one of the best teams ever. Which is understandable. You have Tannehill losing to teams like Cincy at home in round 1 with HFA is why I give him flack.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but when Luck owned the Titans where he was 6-0 against them and started his career 33-15, Luck caught flack too when we won the division in 2013 and 2014. So why shouldn't Tannehill? We couldn't beat Tom Brady and one of the best teams ever. Which is understandable. You have Tannehill losing to teams like Cincy at home in round 1 with HFA is why I give him flack.  

 

...and the Ravens the previous year.

 

They actually played better as a wild card team at No.6 in 2019 beating the Patriots, the #3 seed and the Ravens, the #1 seed both on the road before losing to Mahomes in a close one till Mahomes pulled away in the end.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chad72 said:

 

...and the Ravens the previous year.

 

They actually played better as a wild card team at No.6 in 2019 beating the Patriots, the #3 seed and the Ravens, the #1 seed both on the road before losing to Mahomes in a close one till Mahomes pulled away in the end.

Not only that. Luck never had anyone in this atmosphere like Tannehill has had in Henry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

...and the Ravens the previous year.

 

They actually played better as a wild card team at No.6 in 2019 beating the Patriots, the #3 seed and the Ravens, the #1 seed both on the road before losing to Mahomes in a close one till Mahomes pulled away in the end.

Keep in mind, when they beat the Pats it was the last year of Brady and BB, they has issues going on there. When Luck lost to them they were a powerhouse. Tennessee caught them at the best time but still could not beat Mahomes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but when Luck owned the Titans where he was 6-0 against them and started his career 33-15, Luck caught flack too when we won the division in 2013 and 2014. So why shouldn't Tannehill? We couldn't beat Tom Brady and one of the best teams ever. Which is understandable. You have Tannehill losing to teams like Cincy at home in round 1 with HFA is why I give him flack.  

So if a QB doesn't match Luck's numbers he is crap?    I don't buy into that.  I wish the Colts had Tannehill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

So if a QB doesn't match Luck's numbers he is crap?    I don't buy into that.  I wish the Colts had Tannehill.

I am glad we don't have Tannehill, so we disagree on that. We would not win a SB with him. Is he better than a 37 yr old Matt Ryan, he is, I admit that now but we still wouldn't do anything with Tannehill. There are some wanting Baker, no thanks to that either. We need to draft someone and hope we nail it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...