Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regular Season vol 3: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is so good. Mike Greenberg making such good points on defense of Saturday. Mentioning how football coaching isn’t that difficult and how coaches tend to make the game more complicated. 

It's difficult though. but not sacred, and no mystery. 

We see soooooo many bad HCs these days, so obviously the old code doesn't work great, or above debate. 

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Saturday making them practice outside. Build mental toughness. I like that.

Stopping plays, and getting fired up over mistakes, and outside practices now... 

No soft... nice... 

2 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Rich Gannon on Sirius NFL radio gave an awesome defense of the hiring of Saturday. He also related the story of a  discussion Polian had with Irsay telling him Jeff Saturday would make an outstanding head coach one day.

More and more media is coming out with support of Jeff. Not shocking, since he won the 1st game. Media will blow with the wind. But at least some are pointing out logical things, and are not "sacred" about the profession. 

On 11/17/2022 at 12:38 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The tape don't lie.

I like the idea that the whole team gets to look at replays of plays that failed as a learning experience. If "the guy" that didn't get the job done doesn't work hard to do better, and do better the next time, everyone will better understand the changes in playing time.  Keep them highly motivated!!

On 11/16/2022 at 1:16 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is so good. Mike Greenberg making such good points on defense of Saturday. Mentioning how football coaching isn’t that difficult and how coaches tend to make the game more complicated. 

That was great. I love Greeny! I miss listening to him on Mike and Mike in the Morning. I have to listen to Greeny again. 

I did not know Chris Russo was on ESPN. He sounds the same as he did when he was on Mike and the Mad Dog. Screaming and hollering. :hissy: Years ago, I called the local radio station and spoke with him at least 3 times. When my clients told me they heard me, I stopped calling in. haha I was in my twenties/early thirties at those times. Fun times. 

Thanks for posting that. 

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That was great. I love Greeny! I miss listening to him on Mike and Mike in the Morning. I have to listen to Greeny again. 

I did not know Chris Russo was on ESPN. He sounds the same as he did when he was on Mike and the Mad Dog. Screaming and hollering. :hissy: Years ago, I called the local radio station and spoke with him at least 3 times. When my clients told me they heard me, I stopped calling in. haha I was in my twenties/early thirties at those times. Fun times. 

Thanks for posting that. 

I swear Mike Greenburg never ages. 

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Mike Greenberg, Mike and Mike was the best show in ESPN history. Of course they got rid of it. Greeney is roughly my age and I have a baby face like he does as well and no gray hair. Good genes I guess because he doesn't age. I can pass for 40 easily and I am 51.

Apparently him and the other Mike had a falling out. I used to listen to them all the time and enjoyed it.

I get so tired of over the top sports commentary. It’s nice to hear sports analyst that have common sense. What he said there was true. Being a football coach isn’t that complicated. It’s hiring rhe right people around you and motivating players.

21 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol

It is funny how many in the media just think the Jeff hiring is because they think Jeff and Irsay are best bud's or something. To my knowledge over the last 20 years following this team since Jeff has been a player, Jeff and Jim have never hung out together or drink together which Jeff has even recently said. If they had, that would have been all over the news. I am glad Jeff is taking this well and just laughing everything off. He is a well mannered man.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol

So what if Jeff and his family might be staying at Irsay's guests house? Right now it seems he is on a 8 week contract.  It makes no sense for Jeff to move into a rental or lease for 8 weeks 

For some media hack to make an issue out of it is pretty petty and dumb. 

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what if Jeff and his family might be staying at Irsay's guests house? Right now it seems he is on a 8 week contract.  It makes no sense for Jeff to move into a rental or lease for 8 weeks 

I don’t think they were making a issue of it. I am sure Jeff’s response had Keefer laughing. It was kind of a funny question.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think they were making a issue of it. I am sure Jeff’s response had Keefer laughing. It was kind of a funny question.

Yeah,  you are probably right.  When reading the beginning it said Jeff couldn't get over it.  I just mis interpreted in my mind. :bossy:

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Good one. And you posted this ___ without watching this. 

You could have enjoyed the laugh with Jeff instead you look like a ...

And oh yea, Jeff said he is in a place. Hey, i heard they now have Executive rentals for short and longer term nowadays. Go figure. Chuckle

32 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Good one. And you posted this ___ without watching this. 

You could have enjoyed the laugh with Jeff instead you look like a ...

And oh yea, Jeff said he is in a place. Hey, i heard they now have Executive rentals for short and longer term nowadays. Go figure. Chuckle

I guess you didn't notice my response? I said I mis interpreted and admitted to it.  Of course you nor anyone else has ever did that. 

6 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

At least Jeff Saturday isn't sleeping in a cardboard box in some homeless camp. I was worried for him ...

If I was him I would just stay over at headqtrs = 56th street. They have plenty of nice couches, nice restaurants around there + everyone delivers food there. He has his film study and amenties right there. They also have a workout room, showers, and hot tubs there happy homer simpson GIF

Archived