Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regular Season vol 3: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just a dumb question. Do you guys think Reich fired Marcus Brady because he knew he was going to get fired and he didn’t want Brady to have success without him. Therefore prople couldn’t say see it was Reich.

It’s a stretch but hard to tell if that’s the case. That would be crazy though. I don’t think Reich would do that. That is messing with someone’s life.

Who knows though. Something had to be done. our offense is SOOO bad. Like historically bad.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just a dumb question. Do you guys think Reich fired Marcus Brady because he knew he was going to get fired and he didn’t want Brady to have success without him. Therefore prople couldn’t say see it was Reich.

I think firing Brady was Hail Mary move to try to spark the offense just like Irsay hiring Saturday hiring Saturday was a Hail Mary move and like most Hail Marys it didn’t work.

7 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Thought we might start to see some roster turnover along the way.

I believe this is one of the reasons Saturday was brought in - to raise accountability and evaluate the locker room and culture. 

Ifeadi I bet asked for his release. He was really good Saturday and we are short at that position.

Looks like the Raiders are giving up on Derek Carr by starting Jarrett Stidham for the final two games. This increases the likelihood that the Raiders may part ways with or trade Carr in the offseason.  There were rumors that the Colts were interested in Carr last year. Is he any better a year later?

12 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Looks like the Raiders are giving up on Derek Carr by starting Jarrett Stidham for the final two games. This increases the likelihood that the Raiders may part ways with or trade Carr in the offseason.  There were rumors that the Colts were interested in Carr last year. Is he any better a year later?

I think we are in position to draft a QB this year do I doubt they go in that direction.

50 minutes ago, philba101 said:

And here we go: Raiders to Explore Trade Market for Carr this offseason. Sadly, unless they believe Stidham is their QB of the future (doubtful), this will be another team competing with the Colts for a QB in the draft.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/raiders_to_explore_trade_market_for_derek_carr_this_offseason/s1_17039_38291072

I believe they also have a $33 million  injury policy similar to Ryan so off to the bench he goes

and how does Devonte Adams feel about this (rich) lol

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Question for everyone. Once the season is over we are going to have lots of rumors about coaches and possibly GM.  Do we want those to stay here in this thread or should we make a separate one for those need and rumors?

Keep them here. At that point it will probably be vol 4 or 5 though. :D

48 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Question for everyone. Once the season is over we are going to have lots of rumors about coaches and possibly GM.  Do we want those to stay here in this thread or should we make a separate one for those need and rumors?

We'll have a new thread, but we'll definitely keep a thread like this as we go.

43 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Another exert from Zakd story 

weeks. When defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbowas late for a bed check the night before a Week 12 game against the Steelers, Saturday refused to play him. Odenigbo was a healthy scratch that night, then was released three weeks later.

Discipline issue.  There you have it.  Getting disciplined is embarrassing.  Looks like he didn’t like it.

44 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Discipline issue.  There you have it.  Getting disciplined is embarrassing.  Looks like he didn’t like it.

Meanwhile it’s a very important part of team chemistry and accountability. Which this team seems to struggle with.

Good to see Saturday holding people accountable. Unfortunately I can see players not like it because he didn’t come in until late in the season so he didn’t have much time to earn their respect.

I really hope Saturday sticks around as an offensive line coach but it appears that is highly dislikely.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So was Ballard in on this plan?

The Colts had tried to hire Jeff Saturday twice before, as an offensive line coach. Some inside the building believed they could groom him for a few years before tapping him as Reich’s successor. But that would require patience, and as Irsay

I could deal with him being the OL coach. HC i think i want someone else

• NFLfan unpinned this topic

Archived