Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady starting to look

csmopar

Probably not. While his mental processing is getting slower and his accuracy is off, his WRs aren't helping him out much either. Just like the Panthers game, his top targets dropped crucial catches. Matt Ryan's arm was looking questionable even during training camp. And then it completely failed as the season wore on. Brady's throws still have some velocity and tight spiral to them. 

Behind him is Blaine Gabbert and Kyle Trask. Is it possible that Trask passed Gabbert and starts at some point this season? A week ago I would've told you no way, but after the Matt Ryan news I guess anything is possible. 

The Bucs are bad, but they're in the worst division in football. The Falcons and Panthers are going to be playing for the division lead this weekend with the winner going to 4-5. There's still 9 weeks left and I doubt the Bucs give up on Brady. The real question is will Brady give up on them? 

Bucs are average and with a limited ceiling right now. No playmakers at TE position and without Suh, their run D has suffered plus with injuries to Brate, Barrett etc., it is going to be hard to make a run to get a high seeding in the NFC. Most likely they are the candidate for #3/4 seed in the NFC. However, if they can get their run O and D straightened out, they can definitely make a run. We will see if they are buyers at the trade deadline.

Brady's velocity is still good but teams know if it is underneath, he trusts only Godwin and if it is outside, he trusts only Evans. Without a running game, easier to stop the passing game. Plus they have played a schedule with the AFC North, NFC West, Chiefs, Packers, not the best slate of games with a whole bunch of injuries to deal with quality teams.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have rooted against Brady most of his career and the time I root for him he can't get it done. 

I couldn't bring myself to root for him. I know it would've helped us out, but it was selfishly sweet to see him lose for a 3rd game in a row, in his own stadium. 

3 hours ago, sb41champs said:

He should have stayed retired - and - focused on his FAMILY!!

Maybe he wouldn't have scored a D I V O R C E!!

I think once he retired is when the divorce started to become apparent. So he came back and drowned himself in his work. 

15 hours ago, Indy87 said:

I think once he retired is when the divorce started to become apparent. So he came back and drowned himself in his work. 

You're not paying attention if you think that.

Was literally just released that she gave him an ultimatum retire or divorce is happening. She wanted him to retire 5 years ago.

He only retired earlier in the year because he was trying to force his way to the Dolphins. Once that option got taken off the board he came back.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Was literally just released that she gave him an ultimatum retire or divorce is happening. She wanted him to retire 5 years ago.

He only retired earlier in the year because he was trying to force his way to the Dolphins. Once that option got taken off the board he came back.

He would have been smart to retire after he won that SB in 2020 with the Bucs. He could have went out on top like Peyton did, he looks bad right now. Luckily for him he plays in a putrid division so he will make the playoffs. IMO the Bucs will be one and done anyway.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

I missed the ultimatum bit. if it was JUST released I wasnt aware of it. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He would have been smart to retire after he won that SB in 2020 with the Bucs. He could have went out on top like Peyton did, he looks bad right now. Luckily for him he plays in a putrid division so he will make the playoffs. IMO the Bucs will be one and done anyway.

Idk? I think the Saints can turn it around and win that division.

Need their defense to play like they have last few years.

If Carolina beats Atlanta this week I think they will be division leaders. Lol

I can see why he didn't retire:

1. Golden boy treatment

2. Can't touch QBs anymore(not literal)

3. Weak division

But yeah, he should've retired.

2 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I missed the ultimatum bit. if it was JUST released I wasnt aware of it. 

It was earlier this week 

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

1. Golden boy treatment

3. Weak division

It was earlier this week 

I can see why he hung around as well but that would have been a perfect ending had he retired after 2020. He won one without BB and got #7. Saints are a strange team, alot of talent but something is missing there. Panthers and Falcons aren't that good. I can still see the Bucs winning 9 games. 3-5 now, so going 6-3 is possible with their schedule.

1. Golden boy treatment

3. Weak division

It was earlier this week 

I never feel good about divorce, I am going through one myself. it is unfortunate for his family that he decided to go this route. Hopefully everyone winds up in a better place. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see why he hung around as well but that would have been a perfect ending had retired after 2020. He won one without BB and got #7. Saints are a strange team, alot of talent but something is missing there. Panthers and Falcons aren't that good. I can still see the Bucs winning 9 games. 3-5 now, so going 6-3 is possible with their schedule.

Brady was greedy. 

Idk? I wouldn't rule out Saints or Panthers, even Falcons at this point.

Bucs keep dropping like flies to. Now Shaq is out for year too .

Watching White(LB) play, I see why he gets low PFF grades. He is carried by David.

Bucs are rough, schedule is so-so, but will have to handle some division action to get it done. I don't know that I see 6-3, 4-5 maybe worse seems more likely.

LAR

SEA

@CLE

NO

@SF

CIN

@ARI

CAR

@ATL

13 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I never feel good about divorce, I am going through one myself. it is unfortunate for his family that he decided to go this route. Hopefully everyone winds up in a better place. 

Feel bad for the kids.

Not Brady though, he had accomplished enough. Retire and go be with the family.

Then he wants to compare it to military deployment.... smh.

Hopefully everything goes alright for you.

34 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I am glad I chose never to be married or have kids, it rarely works. I have had multiple friends get married and then it ends in a divorce within 5 years or so it seems, and they have had kids on top of it. I had one friend get married and it lasted 6 months lmao . My father was married twice, neither worked out and he 2 kids with then who was my step-mom. No thanks, I will date (seeing someone now) but I don't believe in marriage. I have seen too many people go through misery because of it (lose a lot of money and their house) and what is sad is if they have kids, it is the kids that suffer more. 

Regarding these celebrities and rich people, they have it made and don't even realize it compared to the average person living pay check to pay check. Probably argue over the dumbest stuff for no reason. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am glad I chose never to be married or have kids, it rarely works. I have had multiple friends get married and then it ends in a divorce within 5 years or so it seems, and they have had kids on top of it. I had one friend get married and it lasted 6 months lmao . My father was married twice, neither worked out and he 2 kids with then who was my step-mom. No thanks, I will date (seeing someone now) but I don't believe in marriage. I have seen too many people go through misery because of it (lose a lot of money and their house) and what is sad is if they have kids, it is the kids that suffer more. 

Regarding these celebrities and rich people, they have it made and don't even realize it compared to the average person living pay check to pay check. Probably argue over the dumbest stuff for no reason. 

it’s just a fairy tale that doesn’t materialize.

The distractions off the field will defintely effect the play on the field.  I don't have a clue on his personal life because we only see what's in the media.  Unless you know them personally you really don't know.  

All I do know is both him and his wife are really really rich.

All the money in the world can't buy happiness. 

He’s selfish. Turned his back on his family because he wants to be immortalized and hold every single record. 

I had some respect when he left NE, but after everything happening with this retirement stuff, nope. He’s a jerk. He better hope he can keep throwing the ball away quickly, that 45 year old body won’t be able to take hits forever. 

5 hours ago, w87r said:

Watching White(LB) play, I see why he gets low PFF grades. He is carried by David

Happy to see my eyes didn't fail me here.

@EastStreet

Who was the poster that was using White grades as a reason PFF stats aren't a good resource?

They need to see this video.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Sweet Jesus… that’s some low effort. I thought something was weird with their linebackers Thursday night.

Yeah there's what it was.

I was watching White pretty closely because someone had brought up his PFF rating to disqualify PFF stats.

I thought it was interesting when I looked at how low he was, so wanted to see for myself.

Less than impressed, to say the least. That was just pathetic effort.

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Happy to see my eyes didn't fail me here.

@EastStreet

Who was the poster that was using White grades as a reason PFF stats aren't a good resource?

They need to see this video.

Can't recall.

Most poo poo PFF don't even watch film lol...

White is a bit unique. At least because how he is utilized. 

Horrible grades for years. But he did have one year with like 8 or 9 sacks. Lot of blitzing. 

Missed a lot of Ts IIRC. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Can't recall.

Most poo poo PFF don't even watch film lol...

White is a bit unique. At least because how he is utilized. 

Horrible grades for years. But he did have one year with like 8 or 9 sacks. Lot of blitzing. 

Missed a lot of Ts IIRC. 

Right on, it was in the last 2-3 weeks. Went back and checked the PFf threads, didn't find it. Must be in a regular thread.

Maybe an OL thread? Pinter? I'm going back to see what I can see 

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Right on, it was in the last 2-3 weeks. Went back and checked the PFf threads, didn't find it. Must be in a regular thread.

Maybe an OL thread? Pinter? I'm going back to see what I can see 

Found it. Searched "Devin". It was @2006Coltsbestever

"Anyone would take the 27/7 ratio but the problem with the 7 was he had them at the worst times that cost us games. Just like today, he throws an INT at the goaline with a gifted 1st and goal from the 2. This is why stats aren't always the best way to measure a player, like @Goatface Killahpointed out, PFF is MEH because they rank certain players as bad when they are not. What kind of system would have Devin White rated bad? Dude is an elite LB, anyone that knows football can see that. Their system is flawed. I trust my naked eye over PFF any day. "

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

"Anyone would take the 27/7 ratio but the problem with the 7 was he had them at the worst times that cost us games. Just like today, he throws an INT at the goaline with a gifted 1st and goal from the 2. This is why stats aren't always the best way to measure a player, like @Goatface Killahpointed out, PFF is MEH because they rank certain players as bad when they are not. What kind of system would have Devin White rated bad? Dude is an elite LB, anyone that knows football can see that. Their system is flawed. I trust my naked eye over PFF any day. "

I was referring to Goatface.

I found it in a Q. Nelson thread.

But yeah 2006 doubled down.

I was referring to Goatface.

I found it in a Q. Nelson thread.

But yeah 2006 doubled down.

Got ya. 

He is polarizing player for sure. Makes a lot mistakes. Misses a lot tackles (like 10%). Has very meh coverage. And many have criticized effort at times. But at the same time, gets a ton pressures/QBHs/Sacks, and gets a lot of Ts.  

IMO, he's borderline top 10ish LB (definitely not 5). Might fit better in a 4-3. 

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

By the way as much as I have talked down about PFF, it also has its strong points. I have learned better how they rank players. Like any system, it is just flawed at times. Devin white is a good player overall. I can point to certain games where any elite players have been bad. Even Peyton had 6 interceptions vs the the Chargers once. Bucs stink right now as a team so it easy to say so and so is playing bad. 

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

By the way as much as I have talked down about PFF, it also has its strong points. I have learned better how they rank players. Like any system, it is just flawed at times. Devin white is a good player overall. I can point to certain games where any elite players have been bad. Even Peyton had 6 interceptions vs the the Chargers once. Bucs stink right now as a team so it easy to say so and so is playing bad. 

I wouldn't call him an elite LB.

I'd say he is great in some things, but sucks at some things. 

But there is plenty of vid with him looking very bad. It isn't just a few games. 

NFC West is heating up. Brady has all games left to play vs the NFC West - outside the Rams and Cardinals, I think the 49ers and Seahawks have a good chance to beat the Bucs. 

Yes, I really think that Brady and the Bucs might miss the playoffs, a very good possibility. Wouldn't it be weird that the Falcons get rid of Matt Ryan and win the division? :)

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

NFC West is heating up. Brady has all games left to play vs the NFC West - outside the Rams and Cardinals, I think the 49ers and Seahawks have a good chance to beat the Bucs. 

Yes, I really think that Brady and the Bucs might miss the playoffs, a very good possibility. Wouldn't it be weird that the Falcons get rid of Matt Ryan and win the division? :)

Even more hilarious, having Andy Dalton and the Saints win the division and ending Brady's career.

Archived