Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This team is ranked....

Jackie Daytona

The steaming remains of what we thought this team was, are currently ranked..... SIXTH in the NFL.. 

It's early yet....but for all the dysfunction and fail.... They are sixth... Not in the AFC...in the NFL.  

What do we make of this?  Anything?  Nothing?  Can it realistically get any worse?  Can it only go up from here?

I'm thoroughly confused by this season, and this team.....

8 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

The steaming remains of what we thought this team was, are currently ranked..... SIXTH in the NFL.. 

It's early yet....but for all the dysfunction and fail.... They are sixth... Not in the AFC...in the NFL.  

What do we make of this?  Anything?  Nothing?  Can it realistically get any worse?  Can it only go up from here?

Dan Hanzus on NFL.com has us ranked at 21. 

14 minutes ago, gspdx said:

The only thing that matters is wins - and maybe ties.

Well yes and no. There are no style points in the NFL, true enough, but the Titans, for instance, were 12-5 and the nr. 1 seat last year. Did anyone seriously expect them to be Super Bowl favorites or even contenders?

Yes winning matters most, but we judge teams largely by how they win not if they win. 

23 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Well yes and no. There are no style points in the NFL, true enough, but the Titans, for instance, were 12-5 and the nr. 1 seat last year. Did anyone seriously expect them to be Super Bowl favorites or even contenders?

Yes winning matters most, but we judge teams largely by how they win not if they win. 

I get what you're saying - for example our two previous wins weren't pretty.  And even though pretty isn't reflected in the win/loss column, it is in the Power Poll.

I'm just saying that Power Polls are meaningless, unless we're trying to be one of the final four teams to play for the NCAA National Championship.  

Listen...this team isn't terrible. Are we world beaters? Most definitely not. They are just playing poorly in some very key areas that is really skewing our perception but I think with a bit more stable line play we will see this team flourish in the areas they are struggling, especially on offense. Matt needs to limit his turnovers which I think he 100% can and his line needs to give him a little more time, which I think we are hopefully starting to see. It would be awesome to see JT get back to form, Deon Jackson has been our best back this year and it's not ever close. 

Every single one of Franks teams have gotten better from week 5-7 forward. It's happened literally every single year he's been the head coach. This could be for a multitude of reasons, but mainly I'm attributing it to the QB carousel and the team getting acclimated. 

Lastly, the competition in the NFL this year is fierce for ALL teams. The teams we've played have all actually been pretty solid. Yes, even the Broncos (not on offense, but have a league leading defense in limiting touchdowns scored. something like 1 per game average or something, league best). 

This past weekend has given me some hope. Our line played much better (still can improve definitely) and honestly I think we are starting to figure out what works best for us on offense. Loved seeing the volume of crossing routes. Really loved seeing how Deon Jackson was used. I said to my group, he looks more like Hines then Hines has all of this season and last season. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Ranked by whom, and according to what?

But you're saying we went from being rank to being ranked?  That's great!

Ranked sixth as in.....the sixth best record in the league.

47 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Whos rankings, yours lol? Nfl.com has us at 21 up 7 spots from 28.

The NFL standings. Lol.

2 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Based on what?!

59 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Listen...this team isn't terrible. Are we world beaters? Most definitely not. They are just playing poorly in some very key areas that is really skewing our perception but I think with a bit more stable line play we will see this team flourish in the areas they are struggling, especially on offense. Matt needs to limit his turnovers which I think he 100% can and his line needs to give him a little more time, which I think we are hopefully starting to see. It would be awesome to see JT get back to form, Deon Jackson has been our best back this year and it's not ever close. 

Every single one of Franks teams have gotten better from week 5-7 forward. It's happened literally every single year he's been the head coach. This could be for a multitude of reasons, but mainly I'm attributing it to the QB carousel and the team getting acclimated. 

Lastly, the competition in the NFL this year is fierce for ALL teams. The teams we've played have all actually been pretty solid. Yes, even the Broncos (not on offense, but have a league leading defense in limiting touchdowns scored. something like 1 per game average or something, league best). 

This past weekend has given me some hope. Our line played much better (still can improve definitely) and honestly I think we are starting to figure out what works best for us on offense. Loved seeing the volume of crossing routes. Really loved seeing how Deon Jackson was used. I said to my group, he looks more like Hines then Hines has all of this season and last season. 

Yep but I also think part of it is exactly what you said, the QB carousel. Not just us, but a vast majority of the AFC have new QBs. Lots of top weapons also moved around. Add in teams like the Jets, Giants and Eagles that have risen from the muck finally, it’s wide open. No team looks unbeatable this year, from top to bottom. Even the Eagles who are 6-0 have glaring holes. 

5 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I don't care where we're ranked, we ain't beating Bama  :funny:

4 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Ranked sixth as in.....the sixth best record in the league.

The NFL standings. Lol.

We are 7th (standings) in AFC if looking playoff standing. 

If pure record %, we are 10th in NFL. 

And we're that high, due to 10 teams that are 3-3... 

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't care where we're ranked, we ain't beating Bama  :funny:

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We are 7th (standings) in AFC if looking playoff standing. 

If pure record %, we are 10th in NFL. 

And we're that high, due to 10 teams that are 3-3... 

Thank the lawd for that tie!

Archived