Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

no Frank monday presser?

bleed blue4life

58 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My conspiracy theory....

Fired. Waiting till the team/staff has been notified in person. 

giphy.gif

It would be bittersweet. Glad he would finally be out but most likely means the season would go down the tubes. I’ve said a few times since the Bills playoff game Frank would be gone after this year. Bummer it would take so long. 

24 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

looks like they had a conference call.  Why that and not a presser I don’t know but pretty much the samething.  Media gets to ask the coach questions.

Probably just trying to let things cool down.  We all know it would be a tough presser full of negativity. This way kind of controls the narrative and hopefully avoids a feeding frenzy. We lose to the Chiefs and Titans and there will be no holding anyone back. 

10 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

It would be bittersweet. Glad he would finally be out but most likely means the season would go down the tubes. I’ve said a few times since the Bills playoff game Frank would be gone after this year. Bummer it would take so long. 

Who knows lol..

No presser is weird. 

Only a call... is weird.

And Bowen now questioning personnel usage too... lol... 

Bowen joining the real world a year or two late... 

37 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Nick Siriani, and Doug pederson both are calling plays better than Frank. 

Nick is using a 7th round LT....

He's using Pascal as a blocker and occasional depth WR

He's allowing fast WRs (including a 6th round WR on a 9 TD) making plays (including 9s)

Flexible.. Dynamic.. and with an average passer... 

8 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

I thought the questions were very soft from the media.  They all wrote these scathing articles about the coaching, lack of effort, poor OL play, lack of Wrs...but didn't ask any tough questions.

Holder went off because fans were saying he is soft and stop telling him how to do his job. Lol To be fair yea hard to put something in context in a tweet. Probably need to actually  listen to it. Plus they really don’t get a chance to follow up.

12 hours ago, bleed blue4life said:

Am i wrong or did he usually talk to the press on Monday's?

SMH they asked Frank why didn’t he try going tempo to throw the jags off and he gonna say well the heat and I didn’t want to put the young Wr in that position? This is who we have as a HC

41 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

SMH they asked Frank why didn’t he try going tempo to throw the jags off and he gonna say well the heat and I didn’t want to put the young Wr in that position? This is who we have as a HC

The most ridiculous thing I heard was he said he thought pierce and Pittman were going to play so he didn’t have time to get Hines in as WR more. Pittman was limited on Wed and didn’t practice Thursday. Then he decided to cancel practice Friday. Why didn’t he be time if Pittman didn’t practice. Pierce was limited Thursday.  It’s ridiculous. It was raining should of been practicing wet ball stuff.

The video of the conference call is up in the website right now.     Go to the front page, click on “watch”.    It’s the first video.    And the Monday conference calls have all been a zoom call.   It was this way during pre-season.   This was not different.  

What was different is that it wasn’t posted until today.   No idea why?  

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The video of the conference call is up in the website right now.     Go to the front page, click on “watch”.    It’s the first video.    And the Monday conference calls have all been a zoom call.   It was this way during pre-season.   This was not different.  

Wonder if it is edited. Maybe nothing and person that is responsible to get it up was on vacation or something.

13 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wonder if it is edited. Maybe nothing and person that is responsible to get it up was on vacation or something.

It does not appear edited.   It’s roughly 14:30 minutes, which is among the longest of the Monday meetings that I’ve seen.  They’ve been typically 10-12 minutes. There were plenty of blunt questions….  It’s available to all. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I watch the press conference last night during 2nd half of eagles/Vikings game.

After I watched it is when I posted the comment about the soft questions by the media

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reich said one thing right in that presser yesterday. Simplify things and think players not plays. That’s exactly right. Hopefully that pays  off this week.

Believe it when I see it. Heard to much coach speak and watched too many headscratching playcalls. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reich said one thing right in that presser yesterday. Simplify things and think players not plays. That’s exactly right. Hopefully that pays  off this week.

This could be the start of something.  If he's been blind enough to view his players as interchangeable...as he has said about Hines and Taylor....then maybe he starts looking more at individual skills and calls plays for the proper fit.  If this is true and he hasn't been doing this yet, this has been a huge blind spot in his game management.

Not making an accusation here, because I don't really know what that statement means.

37 minutes ago, DougDew said:

This could be the start of something.  If he's been blind enough to view his players as interchangeable...as he has said about Hines and Taylor....then maybe he starts looking more at individual skills and calls plays for the proper fit.  If this is true and he hasn't been doing this yet, this has been a huge blind spot in his game management.

Not making an accusation here, because I don't really know what that statement means.

Yeah this has been a major issue and complaint. He views everyone as the same player. Each player has weaknesses and you have to play to their strengths and not treat them the same. He also needs to learn maybe you need to help a left tackle who isn’t very good.

I do feel for him some. Ballard has not given him a LT, TE or another dog at WR.

Archived