Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Season Opener, Colts @ Texans, Sept. 11, 2022, 1 PM EDT

NFLfan

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

What do you mean? We lose a 1/2 game with a tie. This team was supposed to sweep the Texans.  

It depends, we can also win the division by half a game in the end. Jacks did lose today, and the next time we play Houston it is here. People need to calm down. This a lot better than a loss no matter how you want to slice it. When it was 20-3 Houston, everyone thought we were dead in the water - you did too. Matt Ryan had 352 Yards today by the way and lead a great comeback and we didn't lose on opening day so at least try to take positive things from this. This place craps a brick when we don't winchuckling homer simpson GIF- I have already posted I am disappointed the way we played but the fact is a tie a 100's times better than a loss - FACT no matter the opponent. You do know Cincy lost to the Steelers and they were at home (just using an example), I guess Burrow isn't the hero everyone thinks he is. I can go on and on. We will win at Jacks next week and it will be all good. It is funny how some people get on me for being a fan of the Colts in here, but yet last I looked this a Colts forum. Silliest stuff I have ever seen. Reminds me of ESPN Posters that Trolled the Colts back in the Peyton days. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Because in your fantasy world where you tell yourself you are smarter than he is, the lack of calling 9 routes is what cost us the game?

lol...

I provide actual facts and logic.

Thank you for typical blind Frank love lol... And again, zero facts from you... lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Come on now. We just signed a guard to a 20 million contract. If nothing more we can take this from today's game. A 20 million guard has little influence on  the outcome of a game. Ballard said he believed u pay a guard that much because he is a transcdent talent. Nelson could be pancaking left and right and I doubt it would have little impact on the game. This team  broken.

he needs to be bancaking at LT and move Pryor over to RT and put Smith at RG and the best of who ever is left over at LG i'm hoping the other Kelly get in the Oline somewhere

Oh by the way how did 

Evan McPherson kicked a 59-yard FG, then missed a PAT with 4 seconds left that would have won the game for the Bengals. 

That's the thing with kickers, whoever you get, it's not guaranteed you get them perform when it's really needed. Just how Jonathan Taylor ended up losing yard or so at 2-yard goal line. It happens. If it happens consistently, then you change the Kicker. If it's an one-off, you let him get back his confidence by looking forward. 

Vikings cut Daniel Carlson after he missed 3FGs in a game against Packers, and he has become one of the league's best kickers 3 years in a row. Sometimes they just need time and supporting team and coaching staff. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Numba1Colt said:

I HATE him now

he is the definition of Mike Vandershank now... but at least Vandershank didn't shank the winners till the playoffs. 

Goggles can't even do it in regulation. Saw it vs Ravens. Saw it again today.

Browns won off a clutch kick... Steelers literally stole a W late in OT with a 53 yard kick outdoors... 

CUT THE KICKER. 

He got injured in the Ravens game. Come on man! 

We didn't get the Colts game here, but I was following on my phone. 

We got the Bengals/Steelers game which was absolutely an insane game to watch.

What a crazy opening weekend.

While some of you are losing your :mindblow:,  I'll take the tie.  It's better than a loss and its only one game, on the road to boot.

Bengals lost at home.  :dunno:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Evan McPherson kicked a 59-yard FG, then missed a PAT with 4 seconds left that would have won the game for the Bengals. 

That's the thing with kickers, whoever you get, it's not guaranteed you get them perform when it's really needed. Just how Jonathan Taylor ended up losing yard or so at 2-yard goal line. It happens. If it happens consistently, then you change the Kicker. If it's an one-off, you let him get back his confidence by looking forward. 

Vikings cut Daniel Carlson after he missed 3FGs in a game against Packers, and he has become one of the league's best kickers 3 years in a row. Sometimes they just need time and supporting team and coaching staff. 

Did you forget last year?

1 hour ago, wi_hoosier said:

To be fair, the Steelers kicker missed one opp to win with a FG. Luckily the Bengals kicker was worse giving him another chance.

That was the case with Adam V too. Just that Lutz, Boswell and Adam V rarely missed with the game on the line while the likes of Billy Cundiff, Blankenship will do so. 

45 or 50 yarder for the game on the line. No one will raise their hands for Blankenship. It’s the history that doesn’t give Blankenship my benefit of doubt.

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It depends, we can also win the division by half a game in the end. Jacks did lose today, and the next time we play Houston it is here. People need to calm down. This a lot better than a loss no matter how you want to slice it. When it was 20-3 Houston, everyone thought we were dead in the water - you did too. Matt Ryan had 352 Yards today by the way and lead a great comeback and we didn't lose on opening day so at least try to take positive things from this. This place craps a brick when we don't winchuckling homer simpson GIF- I have already posted I am disappointed the way we played but the fact is a tie a 100's times better than a loss - FACT no matter the opponent. You do know Cincy lost to the Steelers and they were at home (just using an example), I guess Burrow isn't the hero everyone thinks he is. I can go on and on. We will win at Jacks next week and it will be all good. It is funny how some people get on me for being a fan of the Colts in here, but yet last I looked this a Colts forum. Silliest stuff I have ever seen. Reminds me of ESPN Posters that Trolled the Colts back in the Peyton days. 

It’s better than a loss but…we needed to go 2-0 out the gate to have a chance at the division. The Titans likely will not stumble against those two teams and probably split with us.  They don’t beat themselves as often as our Colts seem to.

I doubt we win in Jax. I didn’t see much today that would lead me to expect much different from this team. We’d probably tie again at best.  Lol.  Go Colts. 

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It’s better than a loss but…we needed to go 2-0 out the gate to have a chance at the division. The Titans likely will not stumble against those two teams and probably split with us.  They don’t beat themselves as often as our Colts seem to.

I doubt we win in Jax. I didn’t see much today that would lead me to expect much different from this team. We’d probably tie again at best.  Lol.  Go Colts. 

Starting 1-0-1 is still ok, we do play the Titans twice. You do know they play Buffalo next week as well. If we beat Jacks next week we will be in 1st place. Titans aren't beating the Bills.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Many said that last year and Titans ended up smoking the Bills.  

Won't happen this year, Yeah I said we would start 2-0 and it was very important to do so but a tie still isn't bad as long as we win next week. 1-0-1 is good. We played a terrible game today in reality, how we even tied is a miracle but most are mad because we should have won because our FG kicker misses an easy kick. I bet Irsay cuts him.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Won't happen this year, Yeah I said we would start 2-0 and it was very important to do so but a tie still isn't bad as long as we win next week. 1-0-1 is good. We played a terrible game today in reality, how we even tied is a miracle but most are mad because we should have won because our FG kicker misses an easy kick. I bet Irsay cuts him.

Our punter stunk too. Could have also easily cost us the game with his back to back out of bounds kick offs.  Aye…yie…yie. This team has issues.  Lol 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Our punter stunk too. Could have also easily cost us the game with his back to back out of bounds kick offs.  Aye…yie…yie. This team has issues.  Lol 

We are from perfect. I loved the way Matt Ryan dissected their D though in the 4th and in OT, too bad it ended in a tie. Taylor looked good too. It is what it is, 0-0-1 and a big one next week.

• Like 1

This is a loss even though I don't know how many times the Peyton Manning Colts had a 200 yard edge in yardage and lost a game.(probably not very often). How many times over the last 40 years or so has a Colt kicker missed a game winning field goal with less than a minute to go or in ot??????? And then there's the steelers(hahahahaha) that's all I'm going to say about that. The more things change the more they stay the same. And the worst part of todays game, after battling back to tie, the Colts were gift wrapping the game to the Texans. Taylor goes out of bounds a yard short of the first down with 20 seconds to go and 2 timeouts(he lowered his shoulder and ran over people all day except there). Then Rigo kicks the ball out of bounds twice(huh). Oh well, on to next weeks loss in Jacksonville. Most of you on here probably don't even realize we are guaranteed to have better record this year after 3 games than last season(0-3 start last year). Go Colts!

1 minute ago, Two_pound said:

This is a loss even though I don't know how many times the Peyton Manning Colts had a 200 yard edge in yardage and lost a game.(probably not very often). How many times over the last 40 years or so has a Colt kicker missed a game winning field goal with less than a minute to go or in ot??????? And then there's the steelers(hahahahaha) that's all I'm going to say about that. The more things change the more they stay the same. And the worst part of todays game, after battling back to tie, the Colts were gift wrapping the game to the Texans. Taylor goes out of bounds a yard short of the first down with 20 seconds to go and 2 timeouts(he lowered his shoulder and ran over people all day except there). Then Rigo kicks the ball out of bounds twice(huh). Oh well, on to next weeks loss in Jacksonville. Most of you on here probably don't even realize we are guaranteed to have better record this year after 3 games than last season(0-3 start last year). Go Colts!

Actually it was a tie, much better than a loss but the rest of your post is pretty accurate because we should beat teams like that.

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That miss wasn’t his fault though.  A backup center was in the game and floated the snap back.  Gave the edge rusher WAY too much time to get there, thus causing the blocked PAT

• Thanks 1

The common denominator for our atrocious starts the past few years is Frank Reich.  He does not have this or any of his prior teams ready to play.  They come out lethargic and just appear to be going through the motions.  This team has “talked” a big game this off season but, once again, they allowed a subpar, lesser opponent to beat them.  Yes.  I consider today a loss.  As Herman Edwards so hilariously said:  “You play to win the game!”  

we didn’t start “playin” until 10 minutes to go in the 4th.  Unacceptable.  Again, it’s on Frank 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, joecolts said:

The common denominator for our atrocious starts the past few years is Frank Reich.  He does not have this or any of his prior teams ready to play.  They come out lethargic and just appear to be going through the motions.  This team has “talked” a big game this off season but, once again, they allowed a subpar, lesser opponent to beat them.  Yes.  I consider today a loss.  As Herman Edwards so hilariously said:  “You play to win the game!”  

we didn’t start “playin” until 10 minutes to go in the 4th.  Unacceptable.  Again, it’s on Frank 

But we didn't lose, and that's huge - every other team in the division lost today, so we're technically in 1st place and if we can win at Jacksonville next weekend, we'll definitely be alone in 1st by virtue of having a win, and no losses, unless Houston wins as well.

29 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

But we didn't lose, and that's huge - every other team in the division lost today, so we're technically in 1st place and if we can win at Jacksonville next weekend, we'll definitely be alone in 1st by virtue of having a win, and no losses, unless Houston wins as well.

The Colt’s will have trouble with the Jax running attack.  Calling it now.

1 hour ago, joecolts said:

no on ballard bargain bin talent

14 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The Colt’s will have trouble with the Jax running attack.  Calling it now.

If we get the Maniac back next weekend and he's "punching peanuts", then I don't think we will struggle as much as you predict.

The good thing about today's tie is it put some stuff on tape that we need to work on to improve, but it comes without suffering a loss to prove the point.

Had we lost today though, I would put it squarely on 2 people: Frank Reich & Rodrigo Blankenship! A couple of wideouts dropped what should've been touchdown passes, but had Reich taken the points early or Blankenship hit a 42 yard attempt in overtime, none of that matters because we still win. That out of bounds kickoff was just a "bonus screwup" that we're fortunate didn't cost us the game!

21 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

If we get the Maniac back next weekend and he's "punching peanuts", then I don't think we will struggle as much as you predict.

The good thing about today's tie is it put some stuff on tape that we need to work on to improve, but it comes without suffering a loss to prove the point.

Had we lost today though, I would put it squarely on 2 people: Frank Reich & Rodrigo Blankenship! A couple of wideouts dropped what should've been touchdown passes, but had Reich taken the points early or Blankenship hit a 42 yard attempt in overtime, none of that matters because we still win. That out of bounds kickoff was just a "bonus screwup" that we're fortunate didn't cost us the game!

Agreed … mostly.  The Jag’s RB1 is a beast.

1 hour ago, Lancer1 said:

The Colts have a history of playing poorly in Jax.  Especially under Reich. 

8 minutes ago, joecolts said:

The Colts have a history of playing poorly in Jax.  Especially under Reich. 

History will inevitably change - the Chargers had a 37 year stretch between wins in Miami, until they broke it by winning there in 2019 with Philip Rivers under center. He was the 1st Chargers quarterback to win in that city since Hall of Famer Dan Fouts prevailed in that classic double overtime divisional round game in January of 1982.

Just now, Lancer1 said:

History will inevitably change - the Chargers had a 37 year stretch between wins in Miami, until they broke it by winning there in 2019 with Philip Rivers under center. He was the 1st Chargers quarterback to win in that city since Hall of Famer Dan Fouts prevailed in that classic double overtime divisional round game in January of 1982.

Until they can change it, it will continue. I won’t get my hopes up that next Sunday will be the day the change begins. 

• NFLfan locked this topic