Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Mock, Can't Wait for the Draft!

Round 1. Luck, QB, Do I really need an explanation? Luck is a once in a life time pick and is going to be a Franchise QB IMO.

Round 2.Stephen Hill WR, (or OG Cordy Gleen), I could see Stephen Hill falling with the depth of the WR class and him only having 28 receptions last year but I think he is a talented guy with a great work ethic who makes plays. I would also like Janoris Jenkins but I just don’t see him reaching the 2nd round.

Round 3. Chase Minnifield CB/ PR /KR, I think Chase Minnifield Is a homerun pick for us in the 3rd round,

Round 4. Ladarius Green, A productive college kid, Who stays out of trouble and adds a pass catching TE we so desperiatly need.

Round 5. (Comp) Dwight Bentley, CB, (if gone Keith Tandy, CB) Good depth at CB because lets be real here our pass defense is terrible

Round 5. Junior Criner, WR, (or Nick Toon, WR) Love both these guys, Solid play makers we could have a solid team for A Luck to make into a superbowl contender.

Round 6. (Comp) Akiem Hicks, NT, we need to upgrade this position, I feel nicks is an underrated NT

Round 7. James Hanna, TE, We need a TE to grow with Luck and Hanna could possibly turn into a steal… I’m sorry but Eldrige just doesn’t cut it for me.

Round 7. (Jets Trade) Ryan Miller, OG, I have seen him in a couple of recent mocks and did a little research, I think he could be a great 7th round player

Round 7. (comp) Robert Turbin, RB, Good depth at RB with Brown coming of a bad season, and who knows may be a Diamond in the ruff type player for us

UFA: 1.Donta 1.Paige-Moss LB, potential cancer in the locker room but I think the new coach could whip him into shape,

2.Miles Burris LB, Blue Chip, AJ Hawk type Kid.

3.Griff Whalen, WR, Friend and partner of A Lucks, could help him transition

QB Luck, WR Wayne, Hill, Criner, TE Green/Hanna, LT Castonzo, LG Reitz, C Satele, RG Ijalana, RT Justice

De Redding, DT Hicks/McKinny, DE Moala/ Nevis, OLB Freeney, ILB Angerer, ILB Conner, OLB Mathis, CB Powers, CB Minnifield, FS Bethea, SS Sbikowski

Round 1. Luck, QB, Do I really need an explanation? Luck is a once in a life time pick and is going to be a Franchise QB IMO.

Round 2.Stephen Hill WR, (or OG Cordy Gleen), I could see Stephen Hill falling with the depth of the WR class and him only having 28 receptions last year but I think he is a talented guy with a great work ethic who makes plays. I would also like Janoris Jenkins but I just don’t see him reaching the 2nd round.

Round 3. Chase Minnifield CB/ PR /KR, I think Chase Minnifield Is a homerun pick for us in the 3rd round,

Round 4. Ladarius Green, A productive college kid, Who stays out of trouble and adds a pass catching TE we so desperiatly need.

Round 5. (Comp) Dwight Bentley, CB, (if gone Keith Tandy, CB) Good depth at CB because lets be real here our pass defense is terrible

Round 5. Junior Criner, WR, (or Nick Toon, WR) Love both these guys, Solid play makers we could have a solid team for A Luck to make into a superbowl contender.

Round 6. (Comp) Akiem Hicks, NT, we need to upgrade this position, I feel nicks is an underrated NT

Round 7. James Hanna, TE, We need a TE to grow with Luck and Hanna could possibly turn into a steal… I’m sorry but Eldrige just doesn’t cut it for me.

Round 7. (Jets Trade) Ryan Miller, OG, I have seen him in a couple of recent mocks and did a little research, I think he could be a great 7th round player

Round 7. (comp) Robert Turbin, RB, Good depth at RB with Brown coming of a bad season, and who knows may be a Diamond in the ruff type player for us

UFA: 1.Donta 1.Paige-Moss LB, potential cancer in the locker room but I think the new coach could whip him into shape,

QB Luck, WR Wayne, Hill, Criner, TE Green/Hanna, LT Castonzo, LG Reitz, C Satele, RG Ijalana, RT Justice

De Redding, DT Hicks/McKinny, DE Moala/ Nevis, OLB Freeney, ILB Angerer, ILB Conner, OLB Mathis, CB Powers, CB Minnifield, FS Bethea, SS Sbikowski

Good draft, Im hoping and got this feeling Jenkins will drop to the second round, ya take him if hes their?

I like your draft. Just for conversational sake here's Mel Kiper's first three round draft for the Colts...

Kiper's 'Grade A' Draft: AFC

Mel plays GM of every AFC team in picking Rounds 1-3 of the draft

Originally Published: April 18, 2012

By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN Insider

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7827515/2012-nfl-draft-kiper-best-possible-picks-afc-teams-rounds-1-3

When I do mock drafts, I'm not simply giving my opinion on where players will go. In fact, I disagree with some of the picks I'm putting down. But the mocks are based on a combination of where players are being valued across the league, how I feel those players are valued by individual teams, what the top needs for each team are, whether they value need over the best player available and so on. It's not an editorial. For this, I was asked, "What would you do if you were picking?" So I gave it a shot. I've listed what I see as the top needs for each team, and I've gone ahead and made the picks that fill needs based on where I have players ranked. A few ground rules:

1. At each spot, I'm making the pick best for that team at that spot. I won't pass on an ideal pick for the Bills at No. 10 just because that player would be a great fit at No. 11.

2. There are no duplicates anywhere.

3. I will suggest good spots to trade down, but I won't rearrange the board.

4. This is for fun! One pick can derail a whole draft, so in no way do I think this is how it might look.

Indianapolis Colts ind.gif

Top needs: QB, WR, DL, CB, OL, TE

Rd 1 (1) QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

Rd 2 (34) DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan St.

Rd 3 (64) WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

Analysis: I'm a pretty savvy GM, taking this Luck kid, huh? Really out in front of the pack! Needless to say, I think Luck is a lock on my board and Indy's as well. That's your Week 1 starter. Worthy runs a little hot and cold, but when he's on the warm side of that equation, he is a first-round talent at defensive tackle the Colts can say they got in Round 2. Roll the film when he's up against Notre Dame, Michigan or Georgia last year and see how hard it is for even some really good offensive linemen to keep him in place. The Colts have to stop the run, and it starts inside. Broyles has the talent of a Round 1 pick, but we'll take the chance here. He ran a 4.57 40-yard dash last week just months off an ACL injury, and when he's fully recovered he'll be just what Luck needs -- a wide receiver who flat-out knows how to diagnose, get open and operate in space.

Brown is coming off the best season of his career, it was a pretty good one. About 5 ypc.

Your really banking on a lot of your picks falling in the draft.

- Hill and Glenn will both be taken in the 1st.

- I would project Criner to go in round 3 or 4.

- Bentley will be taken before the end of the 5th.

- Been hearing Hicks name a lot lately. Got to think if we want him we will have to take him with one of our 5th's.

- Come on man. Tubin will be taken somewhere between rounds 4-5

Im trying to figure out why he would take Worthy a 4-3 guy in a 3-4, were not going Defensive Tackle that high in the draft in my opinion because we have Mckinney I see it in the 4th or 5th round

that's kinda what i thought, but i have seen where people think worthy can play de in a 34

that's kinda what i thought, but i have seen where people think worthy can play de in a 34

Perhaps he can but who have ya seen that thinks that? (please dont mention bleacher report lol) joking. I know we wont use the 3-4 alignment all of the time cause the Ravens didnt use that all the time either, but we have to get bigger at defensive tackle, Hicks, Baptiste, Ta'amu someone like that, they wont light up the stat sheet but they will clog the line, Im personally staying away from worthy, I like him just not enough to draft him in the second which is where I bet he will go if not the 1st (which is a reach in my opinion). My thought has been and I know I beat this to death. we can get a near shutdown Corner in Jenkins in the 2nd, wide receiver in the 3rd cause their will be some good ones their Tight End in the 4th (I like Ladarius Green more then Fleener Mhhm I will probably catch some heck for saying that), but my draft would cover our needs and get some solid players which most could start

I would Like Janoris Jenkins above Stephen Hill but i dont think he will make it that far, There are a ton of Quality CBs in this draft i think any of them could become starters givin the oppertunity, and as for the Robert Turbin pick i have seen him EVERYWHERE haha from the 3-7... there us also Keith Tandey at that Dwight Bentley Spot that might be a little bit of a reach though... and as for the Criner and Hicks picks its a crabshoot where they end up, if Criner is gone then Nick Tonn might still be there and i would take him, As for Hicks i love his upside, think he has the skills to be a great DT he might need to add some weight but thats what the weight room is for i guess.

I would Like Janoris Jenkins above Stephen Hill but i dont think he will make it that far, There are a ton of Quality CBs in this draft i think any of them could become starters givin the oppertunity, and as for the Robert Turbin pick i have seen him EVERYWHERE haha from the 3-7... there us also Keith Tandey at that Dwight Bentley Spot that might be a little bit of a reach though... and as for the Criner and Hicks picks its a crabshoot where they end up, if Criner is gone then Nick Tonn might still be there and i would take him, As for Hicks i love his upside, think he has the skills to be a great DT he might need to add some weight but thats what the weight room is for i guess.

Now watch Grigs go in a completely different direction evem though he brough some of those players you mentioned in, that would suck

Visits and Workouts

Posted on April 14, 2012

The following players have been rumored to have worked out or visited the Colts so far leading up to the draft. Listed next to the player is the round they are expected to be drafted in. These visits also represent a small sample size of a teams interests leading up to the draft. These have been complied mostly from Pro Football Talk draft tracker, @Ravensinsider on Twitter and other Twitter sources.

QB Andrew Luck- #1 overall

DT Michael Brockers- 1st round

CB Janoris Jenkins- 1st-2nd

CB Dwight Bentley- 3rd to 4th

CB Trumaine Johnson- 3rd to 4th

OG Brandon Brooks- 3rd to 5th

DE Tyrone Crawford- 3rd-5th

RB Cyrus Gray- 4th to 5th

CB Keith Tandy- 4th to 6th

S Tavon Wilson- 5th to 6th

CB Chris Greenwood- 5th to 6th

OG Gino Gradkowski- 6th to 7th

DE Matt Conrath- 5th- undrafted

OLB Tim Fugger- 5th to udrfa

WR Cody Pearcy, 5th-udrfa

DE/OLB DJ Bryant- 6th to undrafted

OT Dennis Kelly- 7th or undrafted

TE Adrien Robinson- undrafted

OT Steven Baker- undrafted

P Brian Stahovich- undrafted

found this on coltsfansonline... alot of these were some surprising picks.. the two that really stood out to me was Brokers.. I don;t think there is anyway he is there in the 2nd.. the other TE Adrien Robinson..

now this doesn't mean that are not looking at Fleener, Allen Green or Hanna.. just kinda surprised me that there wasn't anymore weapons for LUCK..

Perhaps he can but who have ya seen that thinks that? (please dont mention bleacher report lol) joking. I know we wont use the 3-4 alignment all of the time cause the Ravens didnt use that all the time either, but we have to get bigger at defensive tackle, Hicks, Baptiste, Ta'amu someone like that, they wont light up the stat sheet but they will clog the line, Im personally staying away from worthy, I like him just not enough to draft him in the second which is where I bet he will go if not the 1st (which is a reach in my opinion). My thought has been and I know I beat this to death. we can get a near shutdown Corner in Jenkins in the 2nd, wide receiver in the 3rd cause their will be some good ones their Tight End in the 4th (I like Ladarius Green more then Fleener Mhhm I will probably catch some heck for saying that), but my draft would cover our needs and get some solid players which most could start

i usually pay attention to scouts inc, maylock, national football post, kiper/mcshay...so i would imagine i heard from one or more of those guys.