Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

56 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Is anyone surprised that nobody has signed him? Or did I miss it? I would love to have him as a backup. 

Surprised Yes 

Do I want him back.  Nope.  Not to be placed on the non active roster every week.   (which still baffles me).    Something is odd there  He must have lingering issues.  

Well he missed a year due to very serious Achilles injury which RBs don't bounce back from all the time.  

He didn't see playing time last year, which is probably a sign that he was not 100% recovered. My impression was that last year was kind of a 'prove it' year on a one year deal, and there's not much to show for it.

I'm not shocked at all that he is still unsigned.  My guess is that he will get signed by someone but probably not for much more than the vet minimum (perhaps an incentive laden deal).

I was genuinely upset for Marlon, he was a very good RB for us before his injury and all signs pointed towards the fact that he was about to take off. I wish him nothing but success in Houston. The dude deserves it and a big pay day.

42 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I was genuinely upset for Marlon, he was a very good RB for us before his injury and all signs pointed towards the fact that he was about to take off. I wish him nothing but success in Houston. The dude deserves it and a big pay day.

All of this.

I loved Mack. He was seriously underrated around the league during his time with us, and the injury just sucked.

I hope he has a big season but I have a feeling his shot at getting a big payday are probably gone.

Theres not much wrong with Mack. They just couldnt pay him the money he deserves along with Hines and JT.   If given the proper chance in Houston he should produce. I like the backfield we have now though. I think Jackson has a nice skill set and he faster and bigger than Mack.

12 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Hate to see it, but wish the best for him…just not during the games he plays us lol (performance wise)

He will probably gain 175 yards against us and they will upset us once - that is our luck lmao . We should've traded him last season and got a 4 or a 5 which would've been possible. Instead we got nothing for him. He is capable of having a good year because he will be healthy and is still young.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will probably gain 175 yards against us and they will upset us once - that is our luck lmao . We should've traded him last season and got a 4 or a 5 which would've possible. Instead we got nothing for him. He is capable of having a good year because he will be healthy and is still young.

That’s one thing I would say, we definitely should’ve traded him for something even if it was a 6th or 7th

4 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

That’s one thing I would say, we definitely should’ve traded him for something even if it was a 6th or 7th

My guess is if there was something to get for him last year he would have been traded.  Look at how long he was out there in free agency.  He didn’t exactly have a big market.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

My guess is if there was something to get for him last year he would have been traded.  Look at how long he was out there in free agency.  He didn’t exactly have a big market.

I thought I remembered him having a small market, but that could’ve been Ballard splashing the water a little.  I could also see Ballard asking price too high for other teams, and so they lost interest.  We’ll never know at this point though.  I’m just happy he has a chance to play.  He was a pretty good back when healthy.  Could be a poor man’s Arian Foster for the Texans

Archived